Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

Niggling between the two camps. Meath selector squaring up to Pj. Game was the same throughout. A lot of lads spent a lot of time on the ground wrestling.

The Meath manager seems like such a w@nker.

Edit: oooops, I see a Meath selector was acting the magget. Above still stands though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

obi604 wrote: »
    The Meath manager seems like such a w@nker.

Edit: oooops, I see a Meath selector was acting the magget. Above still stands though :)

McEntee is never too far from the spotlight for negative reasons so it comes as no surprise that as per the selector he's chosen that it's the type of company he keeps.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/meath-gaa-investigating-incident-between-andy-mcentee-and-journalist-1.3938058%3fmode=amp

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/sport/gaa/articles/2020/02/28/4186325-mcentee-left-frustrated-a/

& again today (selector)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭spurshero

That national league show on rte last night is some joke. On for 2 hours yet couldn’t show Shane’s good point and Conroy’s great one ! Not one word said about us even though we sit top of division one .yet we had to listen to 10 mins of how great Kerry were . You would think they beat mayo by 20 points listing to the analysis rather then 1 with the Kerry love in and how mayo are finished etc and in transition . I wouldn’t fall for a bit of it we will have it all to do Sunday week Mayo are far from finished . In fact if anything they might have unearthed a few new players looking at the scorers . Anyways Sunday’ week will be like championship with us looking to get league final and them needing a win to stay up so the games should stand to us later in year . We weren’t at our best yesterday but we won and that’s one thing I like about this year we are in the habit of winning tight games . Onwards and upwards hopefully .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MfMan

spurshero wrote: »
    That national league show on rte last night is some joke. On for 2 hours yet couldn’t show Shane’s good point and Conroy’s great one ! Not one word said about us even though we sit top of division one .yet we had to listen to 10 mins of how great Kerry were . You would think they beat mayo by 20 points listing to the analysis rather then 1 with the Kerry love in and how mayo are finished etc and in transition . I wouldn’t fall for a bit of it we will have it all to do Sunday week Mayo are far from finished . In fact if anything they might have unearthed a few new players looking at the scorers . Anyways Sunday’ week will be like championship with us looking to get league final and them needing a win to stay up so the games should stand to us later in year . We weren’t at our best yesterday but we won and that’s one thing I like about this year we are in the habit of winning tight games . Onwards and upwards hopefully .

Hopefully TG4 highlights tonight will provide more coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

Well said. Not once did RTE mention Galway and they top of the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I wasn't bothered about them not talking about Galway as we've had plenty of coverage lately but how they managed to show highlights while leaving out the two best points of the game is mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

I wasn't bothered about them not talking about Galway as we've had plenty of coverage lately but how they managed to show highlights while leaving out the two best points of the game is mind boggling.

The Conroy point they did show from a mark i think it was the camera showed him running up and kicking the ball from around the 45m line but you never got to follow the ball, it could have went anywhere the camera stayed on Conroy after he kicked it and the commentator just said it was a lovely score or something to that effect a few seconds later, pretty poor coverage I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

The Galway Senior Hurling squad to play Tipperary on Sunday in Pearse Stadium in the NHL. (Throw-in 2pm).

1. James Skehill (Cappataggle)
    2. Darren Morrissey (SarsfieldsGAA)
    3. Gearoid McInerney (Oranmore/Maree)
    4. Sean Loftus (Turloughmore)
    5. Padraic Mannion - Capt (Ahascragh Fohenagh)
    6. Shane Cooney (St. Thomas')
    7. Fintan Burke (St. Thomas')
    8. Adrian Tuohey (Beagh)
    9. Aidan Harte (Gort)
    10. Cathal Mannion (Ahascragh/Fohenagh)
    11. Niall Burke (Oranmore/Maree)
    12. Jason Flynn (Tommy Larkins)
    13. Conor Cooney (St. Thomas')
    14. Conor Whelan (Kinvara)
    15. Brian Concannon (Killimordaly)

Subs:

16. Eanna Murphy (Tommy Larkins)
    17. Paul Killeen (Tynagh Abbey Duniry)
    18. Ronan Burke (Turloughmore)
    19. Sean Linnane (Turloughmore)
    20. Johnny Coen (Loughrea)
    21. David Burke (St. Thomas')
    22. Conor Walsh (Turloughmore)
    23. Evan Niland (Clarinbridge)
    24. Kevin Cooney (Sarsfields)
    25. Jack Grealish (Gort)
    26. Ja Mannion (Cappataggle)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭maroondog

No sign of Daithi Burke, thought he might make the bench before our last Group game. Thought Niland might get a start, free taking a big problem last day, usually tricky conditions out in Pearse Stadium. An extra game or 2 would be no harm before the break to Championship. Played very well last week but we need to reduce to wide count if we are to overcome Tipp.

maroondog wrote:
    No sign of Daithi Burke, thought he might make the bench before our last Group game. Thought Niland might get a start, free taking a big problem last day, usually tricky conditions out in Pearse Stadium. An extra game or 2 would be no harm before the break to Championship. Played very well last week but we need to reduce to wide count if we are to overcome Tipp.

Daithi was at those club awards. He's fond of enjoying himself so I think it's only fair he wasn't called upon. He's back training anyway. A team seems to be forming anyway. A win and a few more games would be a big boost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Haran due back soon?

U20's up by five at half time playing with a gale in the second half. Two great team goals have given them a great platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭threeball

macslash wrote: »
    Haran due back soon?

Will he displace David Burke from midfield and if not does he get a place in the half forwards? For me, Cathal Mannion is our first choice midfielder or should be.

U20's up by five at half time playing with a gale in the second half. Two great team goals have given them a great platform.

All over now with the 2nd half barely started. Not a great preparation for a semi final though

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GalwayLurker

Daithi was at those club awards. He's fond of enjoying himself so I think it's only fair he wasn't called upon. He's back training anyway. A team seems to be forming anyway. A win and a few more games would be a big boost.

He wasn’t, Kevin O’Brien collected his award on his behalf.

He wasn’t, Kevin O’Brien collected his award on his behalf.

Apologies if that's the case. Shane O Neil had stated he was back training. Couldn't see a knock keeping him away from the awards unless he's always. Or self isolating.

U20s comfortable win. Cathal Sweeney serious baller. Man of the match again.

Apologies if that's the case. Shane O Neil had stated he was back training. Couldn't see a knock keeping him away from the awards unless he's always. Or self isolating.

U20s comfortable win. Cathal Sweeney serious baller. Man of the match again.

Will we see many of them joining the senior set up once the u20 competition finishes?

threeball wrote:
    Will we see many of them joining the senior set up once the u20 competition finishes?

Still think Conor Flaherty in goals has it all. PJ has plucked for Matt Tierney already so I'm guessing he'll be there for the long run. Being such a young team (only four over age next year) hard to see him opting for too many. Half back line is exceptionally strong. Tony Gill could have a very bright future. I'd be suprised if from 1-9 a few of these aren't about in a senior Jersey in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Work hard play hard. Entitled to enjoy himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭donnem33

The Galway Senior Hurling squad to play Tipperary on Sunday in Pearse Stadium in the NHL. (Throw-in 2pm).

1. James Skehill (Cappataggle)
    2. Darren Morrissey (SarsfieldsGAA)
    3. Gearoid McInerney (Oranmore/Maree)
    4. Sean Loftus (Turloughmore)
    5. Padraic Mannion - Capt (Ahascragh Fohenagh)
    6. Shane Cooney (St. Thomas')
    7. Fintan Burke (St. Thomas')
    8. Adrian Tuohey (Beagh)
    9. Aidan Harte (Gort)
    10. Cathal Mannion (Ahascragh/Fohenagh)
    11. Niall Burke (Oranmore/Maree)
    12. Jason Flynn (Tommy Larkins)
    13. Conor Cooney (St. Thomas')
    14. Conor Whelan (Kinvara)
    15. Brian Concannon (Killimordaly)

Subs:

16. Eanna Murphy (Tommy Larkins)
    17. Paul Killeen (Tynagh Abbey Duniry)
    18. Ronan Burke (Turloughmore)
    19. Sean Linnane (Turloughmore)
    20. Johnny Coen (Loughrea)
    21. David Burke (St. Thomas')
    22. Conor Walsh (Turloughmore)
    23. Evan Niland (Clarinbridge)
    24. Kevin Cooney (Sarsfields)
    25. Jack Grealish (Gort)
    26. Ja Mannion (Cappataggle)

Can see a few changes to that team before throw in...would imagine evan niland and paul killeen will start

• Advertisement

Frozen Veg wrote:
    Work hard play hard. Entitled to enjoy himself.

I agree. Although it seems he wasn't in attendance so hopefully Shane O Neill can clarify after Tipp where we are with those still absent. Still feel Johnny Glynn is a big part of the Galway puzzle. Being involved with the New York footballers you'd imagine he would still a decent level of fitness. Although his involvement with them means he's tied up until the May Bank Holiday. Might be a bit late in the day.

I'm not sure if Joseph Cooney is as easy an fix. Although I was pleased to see Kevin Cooney on the bench for tomorrow. Think this team could do with another few games so a win tomorrow would be a nice boost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Bought a ticket for pearse stadium tomorrow. 15 Euro. Asked the seller (centra) the ticket options and she said this is all they sell. One ticket type and it’s 15 Euro.

If I turn up on time, would this ticket get me admission to the stand?

Bought a ticket for pearse stadium tomorrow. 15 Euro. Asked the seller (centra) the ticket options and she said this is all they sell. One ticket type and it’s 15 Euro.

If I turn up on time, would this ticket get me admission to the stand?

It will. It's one price to enter. €15 in advance €20 on the day. Be surprised in the stand was full although the seats down the front don't offer much protection from the elements.

It will. It's one price to enter. €15 in advance €20 on the day. Be surprised in the stand was full although the seats down the front don't offer much protection from the elements.

Nice. So saved meself a fiver. Happy days.

Have the 5 year old with me so want to be dry if possible.

What time would I want to be there to get an ok seat? (Any idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭donnem33

I agree. Although it seems he wasn't in attendance so hopefully Shane O Neill can clarify after Tipp where we are with those still absent. Still feel Johnny Glynn is a big part of the Galway puzzle. Being involved with the New York footballers you'd imagine he would still a decent level of fitness. Although his involvement with them means he's tied up until the May Bank Holiday. Might be a bit late in the day.

I'm not sure if Joseph Cooney is as easy an fix. Although I was pleased to see Kevin Cooney on the bench for tomorrow. Think this team could do with another few games so a win tomorrow would be a nice boost.

Johnny or joe wont be involved this year I believe. Daithi recently joined the panel

If you don't mind being early any time around one would be fine to get your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭orl

Nice. So saved meself a fiver. Happy days.

Have the 5 year old with me so want to be dry if possible.

I would be there for 1.30 as in parked up and in through the turnstile. I don't think that there will be a huge crowd with Covid-19 and it's live on TG4 but i wouuld still be there for 1.30.

If you don't mind being early any time around one would be fine to get your pick.

Thanks.

My patience might be tested trying to keep 5 year old entertained. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

New soap dispensers in Pearse Stadium. The GAA is taking the Corona Virus very seriously
    #OnlyInTheGAA #NoExpenseSpare

Davy Fitz in the stand also.

• Advertisement

What a mixed bag. Concannon excellent but our only scoring threat. Whelan too far from goal. Defence playing well for most of the half but caught for 3 stupid goals. Have no idea how Morrissey is still on. Hes being exposed every time. Flynn is anonymous and Conor Cooney is wasteful. If we hadn't conceded only one of the 3 goals we'd be in a strong position such is the wind. Dominate the half yet go in 7 down due to nothing more than concentration lapses.

Advertisement