Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

sasta le wrote: »
    Why didn't they use Thurles

All the Tipperary officials were in Croke Park I'd assume. It was supposed to be down for Thurles the week before but was changed because it clashed with the camogie All Ireland semi final - which was poor planning on the LGFA's part in terms of fixtures so they blamed Cork on that one.
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Bully for Mayo. I'd imagine Croke Park has rather more facilities for players than Parnell Park. In Parnell Park, once the 15 mins in the dressing room was up, you'd be leaving players outside in sub zero temperatures standing around or retreating back to sit in their cars.

The team had a meeting in Kinnegad before 11 and was due to arrive in PP at approx 12 it sounded form the interview. The game was due to be 1.30 remember. Absolutely fine in those circumstances to leave 1hr to 1hr 30 at the stadium. A half hour more than Mayo in Croker. Id imagine there was lost time also due to the change in venue so suddenly

Tim Rabbitte has been a fitness professional for a long time and would have timed and prepared everything to aim for max performance. Which is probably why he's so vexed atm

A lot more facilities, has a decent astroturf area that can be used as well. 1.30 throw in would have allowed them 27 mins of a warm up.

The whole situation was a mess - huge respect for Sinead Burke coming out saying this "Galway wing-back Sinead Burke has described the response of Ladies Gaelic Football Association president Marie Hickey to the controversy surrounding her county's defeat to Cork on RTÉ's Morning Ireland as "a punch in the guts""

https://www.rte.ie/sport/ladies-football/2020/1207/1182834-lgfa-felt-they-were-doing-something-brilliant/
    "Asked whether the LGFA requested a delay to the men’s throw-in time, Hickey said: "No, to be honest we didn’t. We were so delighted to be getting in there in the first place, we just went with it

That is a shocking statement from Hickey - ah we were delighted getting in there. Just shows the absolute lack of contingency planning from the LGFA

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Rubbish. Mayo were at Croker 2hrs before the throw in for their game. Look what the LGFA did was amateur but Galway really need to realise that only arriving at the stadium at 12:30 was their decision. Zero wriggleroom for the unexpected.

Croker has massive dressing rooms, with loads of other space. Parnell Park dressing rooms are fairly small.

Completely went over my head that there were two games on tonight.
    I saw on the Connacht GAA site they are streaming the minor tomorrow.

Clicked it expecting it to be free... €7.50. I'd find it hard to believe many outside of family and friends will be paying that much to watch a minor cake walk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Galway U20 Hurlers V Laois Live on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭threeball

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Galway U20 Hurlers V Laois Live on YouTube.

Slaughter of the innocents. Its hard to believe Laois could be this far off the pace in Minor. They'd have been better off playing one of the u16 development squads, they'd have got a better game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

I don't watch much camogie so I can't really comment on the quality of this game too much but I thought it'd be closer to watching hurling considering the talk at the start about rule changes. It's still definitely its own thing.

More importantly than that Galway are winning.

The quality of the basic skills is absolutely shocking. Grand when they get the ball in their hand but their picking technique, particularly in rucks in really poor. Given that camogie is a game of ruck after ruck due to poor first touch then any team that nailed down that basic skill would be halfway to winning an all ireland. A decent u14 boys team would give any of them a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭Robson99

Ref giving another all ireland to kk

Robson99 wrote: »

The pass to Gaule was a throw in the first place. Pulled galway for a less obvious one when through on goal in the first half

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭Robson99

threeball wrote: »
    The pass to Gaule was a throw in the first place. Pulled galway for a less obvious one when through on goal in the first half

Exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Robson99 wrote: »

The penalty was a huge decision. When you consider some of stuff that he had let go during the game to give a penalty at such a crucial time in the match was a massive call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭cosatron

Cathal murray had a poor game aswell, he should've brought rebecca Hennelly as half time for hanniffy and should've left O'Rielly closer to goal. It was a game we could've won. As for the hurlers, we are not that far away from limerick and there are nice few athletic hurlers on the u20 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Friggin ref keeping KK in this match with dodgy frees, just like the senior match a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

No James Mclaughlin. Has a knee problem. Big loss.

Massive loss.

threeball wrote:
    Friggin ref keeping KK in this match with dodgy frees, just like the senior match a few weeks back.

Was going to post I didn't see where he was getting a few of the frees out of. Almost a free if you look at Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Genuinely poor referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

For a very young and very light ladeen that McDonagh is a lovely little hurler

• Advertisement

Was going to post I didn't see where he was getting a few of the frees out of. Almost a free if you look at Cody.

Should be 6 or 7 up. By far the better team. McDonagh is some operator. TJ Brennan looks a serious player too.

For a very young and very light ladeen that McDonagh is a lovely little hurler

If senior keeps going the way its going he won't have a future there. He'll just be horsed out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

threeball wrote: »
    Should be 6 or 7 up. By far the better team. McDonagh is some operator. TJ Brennan looks a serious player too.

Alex connaire seems a great prospect also

Fleming at full forward has the beating of the full back if he runs at him. The full back is now on a yellow, so it's time to test that full back line again, I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭donnem33

Do refs just not pull for over carrying anymore? Very noticeable in this game and in a good few senior games too. Some blatant frees missed

donnem33 wrote:
    Do refs just not pull for over carrying anymore? Very noticeable in this game and in a good few senior games too. Some blatant frees missed

Let alone steps it was a 65 up the other end

RMAOK wrote: »
    Alex connaire seems a great prospect also

Fleming at full forward has the beating of the full back if he runs at him. The full back is now on a yellow, so it's time to test that full back line again, I feel.

The goalie will give Eanna Murphy some sleepless nights too. Good shot stopper and distributor

Let alone steps it was a 65 up the other end

Costly as the goal came from the following puck out

Useless **** of a ref. How is that not a second yellow.

Useless **** of a ref. How is that not a second yellow.

He had fouled once or twice since his first yellow. He's really skating on thin ice.

Tj brennan playing well at number 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Trying to follow the minor football on WTS. Is that lround robin league or championship?

Advertisement