Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

threeball wrote: »
    You're talking nonsense now. The physios told joyce not to play Comer in The Mayo game, that he wasn't fit. He overruled them and it ended comers year.

I never said that we couldn't pull Walsh out, I said we can't afford only Comer and Dessie up front as neither are prolific. Walsh is going to come deep regardless so play Culhane inside and play walsh further out.

As for the systems you seem to have a short memory. It was all out attack before lockdown and pretty much the opposite after. We went very defensive and slow to counter attack. They are the facts and no amount of rose coloured revisionism will change that.

Its not negative, its realistic.

I have a short memory? Have you any memory at all? First game after the lockdown we conceded 2-17 in the first half. Ive never yet seen a 'very defensive' team concede 2-17 in a half. That happened because our makeshift backline was left to fend for itself, i.e too attacking, not too defensive. It's hardly rose tinted revisionism to recall a game we got hockeyed in

So have we pinpointed what exactly about the team has you so annoyed? You want Shane Walsh in midfield (after the best year of his life at FF), don't like G'OD's inclusion (despite him being surrounded by novices) and want a lad just out of traditional minor in ahead of Damien Comer or Connelly (the best player in the club championship last year). Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Is there anywhere else besides Eir where I could stream the match..? tia

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This has been a bad start. With the wind as well. Very open defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

This has been a bad start. With the wind as well. Very open defensively.

Absolutely brutal.

Awful tripe.

When you see your keeper hesitating with restarts you know theres very little coaching going on.

Saw nothing under Joyce last year so suggest we were going to make any sort of improvements.

Going to get struggle to win a single game in 2021 based on this 15mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Another huge embarrassment....

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

This is bloody awful.

Moynihan again standing in 10 yards of free space for the 2nd time. They get the goal this time.

Anyone fancy marking anyone?

Hard listening to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Maybe Kevin Walsh wasn’t that bad after all. This is woeful. Men against boys.

• Advertisement

Should have been 3rd goal there. Kerry with free players everywhere.

Kick a ball into the 45, and risk losing it only to recycle it back outside the 45.

The balls being kicked into the corners would remind you of hurling, and they'd be decent balls as you can pop them over easy but in football they're a waste of time.

Should have been 4 goals. Kerry miss another sitter. Moynihan again in acres of space.

Galway lucky to only be 10 down at the break to be honest. Kerry have missed at least 3 great goal chances.

Farcical how much space they are giving Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Galway lucky to only be 10 down at the break to be honest. Kerry have missed at least 3 great goal chances.

Farcical how much space they are giving Kerry.

Difference between a team training for months and one training 2 weeks though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Bernie's kickouts giving me pure Vietnam flashbacks

rossie1977 wrote: »

It has nothing to do with training.

No difference to last year and the issues are structural and not physical.

Even if you trained one night youd hardly expect to get ran over from the first minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

rossie1977 wrote: »

Galway must have tired themselves out after all those months training. Kerry coming in nice and frest after 2 weeks. Fair play to em

Nice one, the ref has issues with his equipment. Hopefully this kills 5 or 10 mins.

A depressing listen, a long time since ive been so despondent over a galway performance .. I wont be watching it later

• Advertisement

Embarrassing to be honest. Galway have approached this with less intensity than a challenge match in early January to open a ground. Kerry players picking off scores with nobody within an asses roar of them. Zero pressure on the ball. Zero tackling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Embarrassing to be honest. Galway have approached this with less intensity than a challenge match in early January to open a ground. Kerry players picking off scores with nobody within an asses roar of them.

Joyce in the build up to this match complained about the lack of training and preparation they have done for this upcoming league campaign.

No way are Kerry this fit from just 4 weeks of training

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MfMan

Nothing stopping Galway players from training on their own. They don't even look remotely fit. So many things wrong they're impossible to count. Not a hope, I mean not even a sniff they'll beat Rossies in July. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Joyce in the build up to this match complained about the lack of training and preparation they have done for this upcoming league campaign.

I don't care how fit they are. Or how unfit Galway are. The game was over before ever anyone had chance to get tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

They’ve spent all winter training on their own.

No exaggeration to say Kerry could easily have had 9 maybe 10 goals today.

Most division 4 sides wouldn’t be that bad and I’m not joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Joyce should seriously consider his position tonight........it’s just a joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

HBC08 wrote: »
    Galway making a habit of losing by 20 points to the top teams like Kerry and Mayo in the league.

Absolutely. When you think of it the loss to Mayo was even worse given their status as a second tier team. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Happy for Power. Not his biggest fan but the amount of times I seen him hop the wall in Loughgeorge over the last number of months with a couple of footballs I'm happy he put in a performance. Rest isn't worth talking about. Next week tells it all.

• Advertisement

Advertisement