Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Out of this world save.

Quick to see Cooke foul off the ball. Not as quick when Molloy gets taken out in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭threeball

Lets see how Gleeson gets on threeball

I've no problem with Gleeson, just wondering why was power dropped. Usually you don't change goalkeepers unless you plan on sticking with the switch. Confidence is massive in that position.

Great save by Gleeson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

We're hittin a few wides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Fckin wides!!

• Advertisement

We're hittin a few wides

Ya poor conversion rate and it's from players that shouldn't be missing. Walsh/Finnerty/Conroy with poor ones so far.

We're hittin a few wides

We're very light on fire power up front. Paul kelly is dropping to midfield. Shane is dropping deep as usual so you are relying on finnerty who hasn't scored much at this level and a half forward line who are hit and miss. Theres no real scoring threat outside Conroy and Walsh coming from deep.

Gough doesn't like shirt pullers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Nice goal

threeball wrote: »
    We're very light on fire power up front. Paul kelly is dropping to midfield. Shane is dropping deep as usual so you are relying on finnerty who hasn't scored much at this level and a half forward line who are hit and miss. Theres no real scoring threat outside Conroy and Walsh coming from deep.

Finnerty.... Tierney????

• Advertisement

Ya poor conversion rate and it's from players that shouldn't be missing. Walsh/Finnerty/Conroy with poor ones so far.

None of them were mad wide though the scores will come imv

Finnerty.... Tierney????

Tierney was playing deep too. Paul kelly seems to be staying in now and causing problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Gleeson is some shot stopper lads

Gleeson is some shot stopper lads

Always was, his kickouts were his weak points and the odd brain fart. Hes a bit like Eanna Murphy for the hurlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Always was, his kickouts were his weak points and the odd brain fart. Hes a bit like Eanna Murphy for the hurlers.

The last 2 kickouts out over the sideline

Very pedestrian stuff from both teams. Hard to believe there's relegation on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Very pedestrian stuff from both teams. Hard to believe there's relegation on the line.

And a championship coming up in a few weeks.

Why did it take 30mins of the game before they realise that Heaney is a better option than Brannigan. Thats been true for 5yrs at least.

Jack McCarron the best thing about this game so far.

McCarron has kicked some great scores since he came on

• Advertisement

I thought the rule was you couldn't go back to the goalie from a kickout?

Lovely ball by Molloy and a nice finish

Im impressed with Molloy today great pass for the goal

Molloy playing very well. Starting to grow into the role at intercounty

Why did it take 30mins of the game before they realise that Heaney is a better option than Brannigan. Thats been true for 5yrs at least.

Imv there isn't a full 70mins in neither brannigan or heaney at this stage +brannigan got a grand point when we needed one

I thought the rule was you couldn't go back to the goalie from a kickout?

Directly back. So once a pass is completed you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

Glynn's marking in corner back is too loose for this level. Comfortable carrying ball into attack but is always too far away to even get a hand in when his man is taking on a shot. Monaghan there for the taking but were seriously lacking in bite on the pitch.

Directly back. So once a pass is completed you can.

No pass was complete. Beggan kicked it out to number 2 on the 35 minute on the button. He hopped soloed and then found Beggan in the middle of the park. I wound it back. It defo went from only Beggan to number 2 and back again. Does it make any odds that it was a kick pass or outside the 21 or anything?

No pass was complete. Beggan kicked it out to number 2 on the 35 minute on the button. He hopped soloed and then found Beggan in the middle of the park. I wound it back. It defo went from only Beggan to number 2 and back again. Does it make any odds that it was a kick pass or outside the 21 or anything?

Sorry i thought you were just making a general reference to both goalies playing loads of ball.

And I did think of that one you're on about but I guess the ref missed it like I did, as there was a gap and then a angled kick.

But yeah that should have been a free. They'd really only be looking for those 10 yard kicks and instant return pass.

• Advertisement

Nasty challenge

Advertisement