Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Lads, are the FBD games available to watch anywhere? Is there a video stream, or do TG4 have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

You might as well be looking at an indoor soccer match. It would certainly want to be for free. It will bear no reflection on league or championship. It might be on Prenty TV to go with the dome. It's a wonder they didn't kit out the basillica in Knock instead of building the dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭threeball

Have you ever been in it? I'm guessing not seen as you seem to think its akin to indoor soccer. It is in my opinion the finest piece of infrastructure outside of croke Park that the GAA has. Out of this world impressive. Absolutely monstrous inside, fantastic lightning system, perfect surface and no wind. The ideal venue for winter football and hurling in other words.

No, I haven't been in it, I've seen it on YouTube. I'd love to know the ins and outs of the cost and how it was financed and the boat to run it going forward. I would be concerned that fixtures are going to be forced into it to justify it's existence. The FBD being the start of it.

Post edited by Green Peter on

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Avon8

I've been in it. A grand facility built in a terrible location as a vanity project for a dictator. Same dictator after supposedly handing out ridiculously harsh bans to mountbellew players. They deserve punishment but the extent mentioned is farcical. Galway GAA should be up in arms, as they shoulve been against this disgusting individual far sooner

• Advertisement

Vanity project is a good description. The referees report won't reflect on his own really questionable performance. Serge Blatter would blush with embarrassment if he was on the CC. It doesn't matter what he does Mayo won't win Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

To echo Herald's question, are they on anywhere?

YouTube or TV doesn't do it justice. It's one of the most impressive facilities I've ever been in anywhere. It cost €3.1m and is supposed to be almost debt clear. I'd believe it as its constantly in use with schools, clubs and now IC. Yes the location is shitè but it is where it is and there's clubs coming from all over ireland to use it. I'd rather watch winter football in there than watching lads wading through mud in Tuam or Castlebar. I'd expect so cracking games.

Connaught Council are streaming them I believe. The dome is fitted with numerous cameras for recording games. Not sure if they'll use them or bring in dedicated camera crews.

• Advertisement

They have it here it looks like, thanks threeball.

Now I'll have to figure out how to put it on the telly, should be interesting at least.

1-21 to 1-17. Where are you going to see that scoring anywhere else in January.

E10 to stream an FBD match.

The streaming prices have been so far off the mark since Covid hit.

Id pay a E5 to see the Galway, instead they get 0 by overcharging. I think E5 is overpriced and it should be free.

Mayo fans will fork out the ₹10. I can see Connacht Club matches being played indoors from here on as well as the FBD. Commercial priorities will mean that they will let other sports in. Maybe the Rose of Tralee can be accommodated as well now that you can have a pair of balls and win it. Maybe they can fix it that a Mayo footballer wins it and claim it's an all Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7 barwy90

I see Cooke has left the panel for the upcoming year. Wonder what kind of team will be out on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Do we even know who's captain this year?

Any official squad or team even announced for tomorrow's match?

Why are we always so slow of the mark, could we not show a bit of confidence and announce a squad. It doesn't argue well. It's the FBD ffs if we are holding our cards close to our chest God help us.

Living on past glories time to move on from 98 and 2001 and make some new heros

• Advertisement

Might need to wait for a new manager to put any stock into the footballers. PJ is beyond hopeless and they look like a team doing junior training(few laps, silly drills and then a match without any proper coaching or tactics).

Would have got away with that coaching style back in those years you mentioned when it was man on man and driving long balls but not anymore.

Didn't think it would be as bad as KW but he's made KW look like Pep at this point.

Starting team for tonight for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

On paper Galway playing with the stronger starting team with more likely championship starters than Mayo however it's a quick pitch in the air Dome so it will likely come down to the team with the most pace and fitness.

Stupid bloody wide, Hon the Gaillimh!!

Got the match working on an Nvidia shield, its OK, stills look great, rendering on fast play gives an awfull lot of motion blur compared to watching RTE or sky sports on iptv.

27 mins gone, and Galway have scored 8 points and shot 5 wides. Mayo leaky in the back.

Fittingly enough indoors, Mayo attempting to play basketball. Galway should be well ahead, easy goal chance missed. Decent contest though

Mayo much better in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Galway for Sam

• Advertisement

That should've been a 12 point hammering. 5 missed goal chances from Galway. Probably to be expected given Galway started with a stronger team on paper, in the first half at least. Plenty of young lads there in the second. Some of them showed quite well, especially in defence such as Fitzgerald. Should be factored that Mayo have been basically living in that facility supposedly since it opened, so would be much more used to it. Good run out all in all

Advertisement