Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

kala85 wrote: »
    Is the match going to be shown online or any tv station

No but the fact its sold out should justify that it is shown online.
    They cant say the option is open to everyone to view it at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭maroondog

threeball wrote: »
    Sky had left it as a choice before the kk game but it's now pretty certain they'll show the wexford KK game. That's the more attractive tie with more permutations.

Sky Sports website is showing Wexford V Kilkenny as the live match they'll show on Saturday. I guess the best we could hope for is for the Galway match to be streamed? I dont think ive seen RTE and Sky broadcast games on main channels at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Have a season ticket but not able to go so any takers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭threeball

maroondog wrote: »
    Sky Sports website is showing Wexford V Kilkenny as the live match they'll show on Saturday. I guess the best we could hope for is for the Galway match to be streamed? I dont think ive seen RTE and Sky broadcast games on main channels at the same time.

No I think the contracts have them avoiding clashes. There may have been one replay that overlapped but that's it. Sunday game highlights is the best we'll get. Another reason that the GAA should run GAA GO and we could choose what we wanted to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭MfMan

If that team starts then we're in bother. The full forward line is too light, 3 small non physical players and the half back line has no pace so we'll be strolling up the pitch again.

Slow ball to feed 3 small forwards, that'd be just genius if it comes to pass. I'd fancy roscommon to beat us if we line out like that.

To be brutally honest, I think KW must consider his position should we not win Sunday. No disrespect to Roscommon, I'd be wary of them on any day, but there can be no more excuses for Walsh. Grousing about injuries just doesn't wash anymore. Bar Comer, who as you point out would bring something different to the light FF line, he's not missing anybody else that can't be replaced. (Perhaps Molloy, though he's unproven yet at Senior). Indeed he has now arguably the strongest panel he's had in his tenure. KW is in his 5th season now and a semi-final must be a minimum target given the talent at his disposal. If we don't see such sufficient progress this summer, I think there's a real danger players will lose interest and either drift away from the scene or start looking for a new voice to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭spurshero

MfMan wrote: »
    To be brutally honest, I think KW must consider his position should we not win Sunday. No disrespect to Roscommon, I'd be wary of them on any day, but there can be no more excuses for Walsh. Grousing about injuries just doesn't wash anymore. Bar Comer, who as you point out would bring something different to the light FF line, he's not missing anybody else that can't be replaced. (Perhaps Molloy, though he's unproven yet at Senior). Indeed he has now arguably the strongest panel he's had in his tenure. KW is in his 5th season now and a semi-final must be a minimum target given the talent at his disposal. If we don't see such sufficient progress this summer, I think there's a real danger players will lose interest and either drift away from the scene or start looking for a new voice to listen to.
    I don’t know . There will be no more then a couple of points in it one way or the other I think . The rossies are no bad side as we have seen last few years . Is there a danger that we are beginning to think these players are better then they are ? Let’s be honest how many of our players would start for Dublin . At the absolute max I would say 3 and that’s pushing it . I think Walsh has done a decent if not spectacular job . Calling for his head if they lose Sunday ain’t going to happen he will at least stay till end of galways championship .involvement . But I wouldn’t be against a new manager next season I think 5 years is long enough . For now though let’s get behind Kevin and the lads sure who knows where this season ends yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Barring an absolute humiliating dump from the championship I'd imagine there's one more year left in Walsh's management - if only to give Joyce & Divilliy another year's experience managing the U20s. Any talk from people linked with the footballers is that those two are pretty much nailed on for the next senior management job.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Barring an absolute humiliating dump from the championship I'd imagine there's one more year left in Walsh's management - if only to give Joyce & Divilliy another year's experience managing the U20s. Any talk from people linked with the footballers is that those two are pretty much nailed on for the next senior management job.

They probably are, but a bit like Mulholland b4 him, a lot of good work has been done, and there is the makings of a good team here, I hope walsh gets a few more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Hiya I would love to go, however I am a Galwayman exiled in Wexford, my difficultywould be picking up and dropping back your season ticket.

I am in Louth so not too far from Dublin if that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭threeball

I hope he's gone regardless of result at the end of the year. The negative approach was fine to steady the ship in year one but he's added nothing since and the squad are twice as good as they were then. We barely beat 2 of the lowest ranked teams in the entire competition so I don't see any more coming from them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Sligo and London are you referring to?

I hope he's gone regardless of result at the end of the year. The negative approach was fine to steady the ship in year one but he's added nothing since and the squad are twice as good as they were then. We barely beat 2 of the lowest ranked teams in the entire competition so I don't see any more coming from them this year.

Now now, a consistent view on management here usually meets from personal abuse from a cohort on here.
    Don't you dare hold any negative views more than once to that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Minors 4 points a piece at half time. Galway with a bit of a breeze in the second half. To say they're frustrating to watch in all their games so far is an understatement.

Galway 2-12 Mayo 11 points. Much improved second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Lovely win up in Castlebar in front of a few supposedly.

Decent fact I was told (number taken on trust!)....A Mayo team hasn't beaten a Galway team in nearly 4 years, 18 games across U17, U18, U21 and Senior.

Long may it continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

1. Colm Callanan (Kinvara)

2. Darren Morrissey (Sarsfields)

3. Daithí Burke (Turloughmore)

4. Aidan Harte (Gort)

5. Padraic Mannion (Ahascragh Fohenagh)

6. Gearoid McInerney (Oranmore Maree)

7. Joseph Cooney (Sarsfields)

8. Johnny Coen (Loughrea)

9. David Burke (Capt.) (St. Thomas')

10. Cathal Mannion (Ahascragh Fohenagh)

11. Jonathan Glynn (Ardrahan)

12. Adrian Tuohy (Beagh)

13. Conor Whelan (Kinvara)

14. Jason Flynn (Tommy Larkins)

15. Brian Concannon (Killimordaly)

Best of luck to players and mgmt.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Looking for a ticket for myself for Parnell for tonight. Anyone have any spare? Would make a Galway girl very happy.

megapixel wrote: »
    Looking for a ticket for myself for Parnell for tonight. Anyone have any spare? Would make a Galway girl very happy.

Can use my spare ticket but need to pick it up in drogheda off m1

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭mjp

Can anyone confirm it hurling is being shown on sky sports tonight. Know Kilkenny wexford is main game being shown but have seen mention of it being televised my number of people on Twitter etc. Know sky have capacity to show games on red button so that may be the route they using for this.

• Advertisement

It's not on the red button. They'll show live clips from Parnell but that's it.

Galway 2-1 Dublin 0-0 ten minutes gone U20 match.

Galway 2-6 Dublin 1-3. Dublin goal late in the first half and a bit of a breeze should make for a decent second half. Like minors last night we have a few lads that can pluck balls out of the sky.

Galway 2-11 to Dublin 1-4 15mins gone second half.

Galway 2-17 to Dublin 1-7. Nice looking team/panel. Would of been great if Paul Kelly was playing. Thought he was a gifted minor last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Thanks for the updates.

Anyone in particular stand out?

Was Silke injured too?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭liamos43

Looking for ticket for Parnell Park this evening. Anyone with one to spare. Thanks.

Goalie is a beast. Fantastic under a high ball and has a booming and accurate kick out. Goal aside Mullkerrins was very solid at full back. Jack Glynn excellent at five along with Potter at six.

But stand out were Barrett at midfield and Tierney at 10. Tierney probably ended up with around 1-5. Barrett kicked a couple and dominated the skies. Silke came on early in the first half very intelligent on the ball. Forwards very accurate and seem to only take on very high percentage shots.

Stood behind management for the first half. They have very high standards set for the lads. Constantly demanding more. Constantly demanding the ball goes forward. Hard to know how much teams are showing their hand in this competition But from the games so far they seem a quality side.

• Advertisement

JC on the match programme amongst the subs.

Advertisement