Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

JC on the match programme amongst the subs.

Hope they don't have to use him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

RMAOK wrote:
    Hope they don't have to use him tbh.

Totally. No Conor Cooney either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It’s a disgrace that it isn’t on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

JC on the match programme amongst the subs.

Surely if he just took the frees he would be worth his place........five missed the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Surely if he just took the frees he would be worth his place........five missed the last day.

Aye but tis not as if he can just tool around the rest of the time. You would be risking him. You'd have lads lining up to hit him too, fairly I mean. You'd havta.

10 mins at end maybe.

• Advertisement

Stand full of Dubs. Three and a half thousand Galway season ticket holders in the terrace. Feels like a home game standing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭threeball

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Aye but tis not as if he can just tool around the rest of the time. You would be risking him. You'd have lads lining up to hit him too, fairly I mean. You'd havta.

10 mins at end maybe.

I wouldn't play him today and possibly not in the Leinster final either should we get there. Not worth the risk

Three changes for Dublin. Rushe as expected starts. Galway as selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Any free live streaming og Dublin v Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

threeball wrote: »
    I wouldn't play him today and possibly not in the Leinster final either should we get there. Not worth the risk

I'd largely agree but it might be no harm to get him on striding and turning at match pace. If the physios think he's ready. It's a hoor when you first come back after a bad one to really trust it. You'd imagine tbe medical staff are all over it anyhow

• Advertisement

Whelo injured. Glennon in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

It’s a disgrace that it isn’t on the TV.

disgrace

Ref a joke for Galway. Big battle this second half is going to be.

Ref a joke for Galway. Big battle this second half is going to be.

Who's reffing up there. Horgan crap in the kk match too and favouring KK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Mac lucky be stay on. Took the helmet off Suthcluffe who made Padraig Mannion look like nothing.

Whelo a huge loss.

McCallister. Never liked him before. Dunno what Galway ever did on Cork refs but we struggle to get 50-50 calls. Stone wall penalty in the first few minutes when the Dublin goalie took out our lad running through. Hasn't got much better since. Wind has picked up now too in favour of Dublin second half.

Mac lucky be stay on. Took the helmet off Suthcluffe who made Padraig Mannion look like nothing.

Ya didn't see it but when you see a helmet on the ground you fear the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

McCallister. Never liked him before. Dunno what Galway ever did on Cork refs but we struggle to get 50-50 calls. Stone wall penalty in the first few minutes when the Dublin goalie took out our lad running through. Hasn't got much better since. Wind has picked up now too in favour of Dublin second half.

Twas Mulholland mayor of Galway before the All-Ireland final 1986. He said "I hope we don't beat Cork by a cricket score." Then the Cork captain (Cashman, I think) lifted Liam McCarthy and said "take a look at this, Mr Mulholland." :D

feargale wrote:
    Twas Mulholland mayor of Galway before the All-Ireland final 1986. He said "I hope we don't beat Cork by a cricket score." Then the Cork captain (Cashman, I think) lifted Liam McCarthy and said "take a look at this, Mr Mulholland."

I would like to think we have our debt paid but since Mayo are living with a curse for longer we'll have to just live with it I guess.

Three goals conceded to a team with a sweeper. Need help in Wexford now and as it stands a draw is a high possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

Bitterly disappointing

Thanks for the AI MoD but it's time to move on.
    The form since the Wexford round robin has been awful.

Played lads like Blehane all league and dumped for the championship and gave no chances to Kevin Cooney or the likes despite some games yearning for changes with the result set.

Three goals conceded to an also ran who played with a sweeper and again drew a blank in the same bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Thanks for the AI MoD but it's time to move on.
    The form since the Wexford round robin has been awful.

Played lads like Blehane all league and dumped for the championship and gave no chances to Kevin Cooney or the likes despite some games yearning for changes with the result set.

Three goals conceded to an also ran who played with a sweeper and again drew a blank in the same bracket.

With all due respect, gve it a f*ckin rest for a few days.

I think mentally they thought they were through as the results needed to knock them out were unlikely but actually came to pass. No one to blame but themselves. No way they should be losing to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

3 draws and beat carlow and wexford are into leinster final.

Kk will win leinster and lost to a team knocked out.

Farce.

Farce.

Why is it a farce. The teams that scored most and got the required points put us out. Galway disrespecting lower ranked teams put us out. Scrape over Carlow, beat by Dublin. We got what we deserved. Galway have historically never respected those teams and often got caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They gave us some great days but that was a real gutless performace really.

Padraig Mannion and Harte were shocking.

Jason Flynn back to his worst, Concannon not much better.

Don't mind losing if lads die on their sword but it just wasn't the case.

Congrats to the Dubs. They were class. Smelled blood in the water and punished us. Better team won.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Farce.

You could also look at it like Wexford didnt loose any game. Glass half full.
    Carlow game was Galways downfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

They gave us some great days but that was a real gutless performace really.

Padraig Mannion and Harte were shocking.

Jason Flynn back to his worst, Concannon not much better.

Don't mind losing if lads die on their sword but it just wasn't the case.

Congrats to the Dubs. They were class. Smelled blood in the water and punished us. Better team won.

This is the culmination of MD winning an AI with an inherited team from Anthony Cunningham and has brought it to its natural conclusion. He didn’t try or trust younger players after 17 and stuck to the same template as what won in 17.
    Surely to jaysus starting Jonny coen was a sign that he reverted to type that is to cautious with to many players in their comfort zone and think they have a divine right to be on the team. Burke not up to it in the middle of the park anymore

Advertisement