Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭threeball

Our best hope of Walsh and Co going would be if they lost to Ros and Mayo back to back too. It's a win-win in the worst possible scenario.

Does he have another year on his deal after this? I think he would need to be ratified which would never happen. I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

threeball wrote: »
    Does he have another year on his deal after this? I think he would need to be ratified which would never happen. I hope.

Even if Walsh, Silke & Co wanted to stay on and the clowns in the County Board agreed there'd be a heave. When the word is that even lesser standard players that benefited from being Kev faves want him gone it must be fairly toxic at training.

Even if Walsh, Silke & Co wanted to stay on and the clowns in the County Board agreed there'd be a heave. When the word is that even lesser standard players that benefited from being Kev faves want him gone it must be fairly toxic at training.

I heard something like that alright. Also heard if they had to play to his system in the next game he wouldn't have enough lads line out to make a team. Bit of player power without going public is no harm at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭vid36

I think Kevin's reign is coming to an end but I still hope we make the super 8s.It is better for players development to be competing with the best.Teams are not going to come from nowhere and win an All Ireland.
    I don't like the defensive style but many other teams employ it.Indeed, it will be probably one of those defensive team (Tyrone or Donegal) against the Dubs in the final this year.
    Things are a lot better than 2013 or remember those days who were knocked out by Meath, Westmeath, Wexford, Antrim , or had the near brush with ultimate humiliation against Waterford.We need to keep things in perspective.

vid36 wrote: »
    I think Kevin's reign is coming to an end but I still hope we make the super 8s.It is better for players development to be competing with the best.Teams are not going to come from nowhere and win an All Ireland.
    I don't like the defensive style but many other teams employ it.Indeed, it will be probably one of those defensive team (Tyrone or Donegal) against the Dubs in the final this year.
    Things are a lot better than 2013 or remember those days who were knocked out by Meath, Westmeath, Wexford, Antrim , or had the near brush with ultimate humiliation against Waterford.We need to keep things in perspective.

Humiliating beating in the super 8s is no good for this team. If the players take this by the scruff off the neck, ignore the crap they've been coached and go out and play then getting to the super 8s mightn't be any harm at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Iemploy it.Indeed, it will be probably one of those defensive team (Tyrone or Donegal) against the Dubs in the final this year.

Please explain how the Tyrone nowadays are defensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Most teams have a rigid defensive set up when not in possession. It's just we don't have an attacking one. It's caution all the way up the field and if we score great. If not at least we are the "right" side of the ball. Lads are suffocating in there as they can't express themselves on the pitch. Would be like Lewis Hamilton driving his F1 car with the engine of a Ford Fiesta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Tyrone reverted to a very defensive game plan against Longford in the last round of qualifiers. 4 of their starting forwards did not score.

Everyone seems to want to avoid us tomorrow. I've no idea why. The camp is in disarray, we've been brutal in all 3 games. Is it potential they're afraid off?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Everyone seems to want to avoid us tomorrow. I've no idea why. The camp is in disarray, we've been brutal in all 3 games. Is it potential they're afraid off?

It's maybe based on the fact of Galway being in the all-ireland semi final last year, plus corofin with the double all-ireland titles.

On current form, none of the third round qualifiers gave anything to fear tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Killarney away first up too if get past Galway may be a factor.

It'll be an interesting draw for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Won’t be long now people

Here we go people

Mayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner of Galway v mayo gets kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Avoided Tyrone I guess. If knock out against Mayo doesn't get a stir nothing ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Was always going to happen !

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Was always going to happen !

Knew it would be mayo I said it Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Not the best draw Galway could have gotten at the start but when Laois and Clare were gone you'd have happily taken Mayo over Tyrone.

If the prospect of knocking out Mayo doesn't generate a reaction from the squad then they've no business being in the Super 8s anyway.

I'm assuming it'll be on in Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Annoyed at it now but will be raring to go come next weekend. At least one last big clash left in the year. A lot will depend on who's available, hearing Flynn is the latest big doubt. Will be nice to have a Mayo game in decent conditions, although won't hold my breath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Annoyed at it now but will be raring to go come next weekend. At least one last big clash left in the year. A lot will depend on who's available, hearing Flynn is the latest big doubt. Will be nice to have a Mayo game in decent conditions, although won't hold my breath

Flynn would be a loss seems to always perform well against Mayo

Assume farragher will start after his club exploits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭spurshero

I think it’s a good draw . If the players can’t get up for this what’s the point where as I think a Clare or Laois could have have been taken for granted with disastrous results . Watching back the Armagh game to me mayo seemed to get all the luck . Moran seemed to pick ball off ground for first goal and McLaughlin goal first of all he seemed to take a lot of steps and secondly I’m not even sure he was going for it . Armagh could have had more goals And if Galway go for it there forwards have the beaten ofthere Defence . There 3 rd week in a row out too which won’t suit there older players . Having said all that we need to play well if we play anything like second half 2 weeks ago we be well beaten.we are vulnerable at the beck ourselves . Surely has to be a few changes would like to see at least molloy start . Forwards need to up there game as well they have been living off a lofty reputation for a while now and need to start proving it more regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Venue choice will be interesting.

jr86 wrote: »
    Flynn would be a loss seems to always perform well against Mayo

Assume farragher will start after his club exploits?

I would assume nothing when it comes to Walshes team selections.
    How it will even work given the fact that most want him gone at this stage is a mystery.

Doubt he will play Power for a start which will be an immediate bone of contention

Croker is unavailable otherwise I would not have been surprised with a double header there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Frozen Veg wrote:
    Venue choice will be interesting.

I'm going for Limerick.

I'm going for Limerick.

Tullamore maybe?

Tullamore is too small, I think it will be in Limerick.

Tullamore is too small, I think it will be in Limerick.

Not a chance this surpasses the capacity of Tullamore I reckon. We won't bring frig all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Is Hyde definitely unavailable?

Advertisement