Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Is Limerick all allocated tickets in the two stands does anyone know? Haven't bought my tickets yet and they're not on sale one tickets.ie (only in super valu/centra). Want to know if I bought my ticket by myself is there a chance I'll be away from the rest of the crew. Don't think I've actually ever been to game in the gaelic grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is Limerick all allocated tickets in the two stands does anyone know? Haven't bought my tickets yet and they're not on sale one tickets.ie (only in super valu/centra). Want to know if I bought my ticket by myself is there a chance I'll be away from the rest of the crew. Don't think I've actually ever been to game in the gaelic grounds.

Unreserved seating but I don't think they'll let you move from Mackey to the open air stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I think that they should surprise the opposition and actually play the team that is announced !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭testtech05

Looks like we could be very short for midfield tomorrow.....
    https://connachttribune.ie/galway-can-grasp-chance-to-get-campaign-back-on-track/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Unreserved seating is a bit of a pain. mayo people clearly have nothing better to be doing on a Saturday than be in a stadium 3 hrs early :rolleyes: they always have the stands filled up by the time normal folk arrive, will only be the corners left. Even if they gave an option of the terrace but none so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Unreserved seating is a bit of a pain. mayo people clearly have nothing better to be doing on a Saturday than be in a stadium 3 hrs early :rolleyes: they always have the stands filled up by the time normal folk arrive, will only be the corners left. Even if they gave an option of the terrace but none so far

Cant understand why its unreserved when one would expect the stands to be full....

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Galway team being announced this evening accord to Galway Bay FM, but like you said I'm sure there'll be plenty of shadow boxing and we won't know the real line up until about 6.59 tomorrow evening.

Walsh waiting to see if lads go to a wedding today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Frozen Veg wrote:
    Walsh waiting to see if lads go to a wedding today.

Wish I could do those laughing emoji things! Wonder will he get his place back.

The talk from both camps about injuries seems to imply no one is fit to play. I would rather pick two mobile "non midfielders" than pick lads who are either injured or seemingly half fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭spurshero

Was talking to couple people that told me Martin farragher will start . Will be good to see him In a full championship massive game . Has always some the biz for corofin all Ireland finals etc so I think he will do well

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GalwayLurker

To be honest I can't see a whole pile of changes in personnel, set up or system of play. The slow, defensive play has worked in the last few years against Mayo, will Walsh really change things at this stage?

• Advertisement

I think we'll see a few. He changed it up after the Ros loss for the Donegal qualifier two years back. Power, Molloy, McDaid, Kelly and Farragher if I was guessing. Definitely think he'll roll the dice on McDaid and it's hard to ignore Farragher now, crying out for a bigger presence at FF

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GalwayLurker

I think we'll see a few. He changed it up after the Ros loss for the Donegal qualifier two years back. Power, Molloy, McDaid, Kelly and Farragher if I was guessing. Definitely think he'll roll the dice on McDaid and it's hard to ignore Farragher now, crying out for a bigger presence at FF

I don't know, I hope you're right, the addition of those lads would be a huge improvement but we'll have to wait and see!

Minors level at half time. Led 6-2 early but Mayo dominated the second period of the first half. Tommo Culhane doing massive damage in our full forward line.

Galway 14 points Mayo 12 points 21 minutes gone

15 points all. Extra time to be played.

Galway 1-17 to Mayo 17 points. Tommo with a penalty to give an advantage.

Mayo 1-18 to Galway 1-17 few rash decisions swung it back to Mayo. McLaughlin and Culhane stand out for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mayo 1-18 to Galway 1-17 few rash decisions swung it back to Mayo. McLaughlin and Culhane stand out for Galway

McLaughlin was good but a very needless pen he gave away in extra time.

Are they out or is there backdoor

McLaughlin was good but a very needless pen he gave away in extra time.

It was but young lads and rash go hand in hand. Was bit away from it to be fair thought the ball was there to be won but the Mayo lad nicked in before him.

• Advertisement

spurshero wrote:
    Are they out or is there backdoor

There is a back door.

Any team for tomo named?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

There is a back door.

A joke that it's back door given the provincials are already played on a League basis.

spurshero wrote:
    Any team for tomo named?

Doesn't look like we'll get it tonight

Lavelle
    Kerin SAC Silke
    G'OD McDaid Daly
    Flynn Daly
    Cooke Walsh Heaney
    O'Laoi Farragher Burke

Ok with that. He's brought in players wanted like McDaid and Farragher. O'Donnell a worry but he may change that for Molloy or Kelly. Lavelle still in goal will grate a few. Is it possible Sean Kelly comes in at full back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MfMan

Lavelle
    Kerin SAC Kerin
    G'OD McDaid Daly
    Flynn Daly
    Cooke Walsh Heaney
    O'Laoi Farragher Burke

Ok with that. He's brought in players wanted like McDaid and Farragher. O'Donnell a worry but he may change that for Molloy or Kelly. Lavelle still in goal will grate a few. Is it possible Sean Kelly comes in at full back?

I imagine McDaid and John Daly will swap anyway. (Presume you meant Silke instead of Kerin x 2 in FB line) Ml. Daly isn't close to being a county midfielder, maybe Cooke (who can't be 100%) or even Heaney move there. Good to see Farragher being given his chance. Lavelle again in goal? No. 16 tomorrow will be scrutinised closely I imagine.

MfMan wrote: »
    I imagine McDaid and John Daly will swap anyway. (Presume you meant Silke instead of Kerin x 2 in FB line) Ml. Daly isn't close to being a county midfielder, maybe Cooke (who can't be 100%) or even Heaney move there. Good to see Farragher being given his chance. Lavelle again in goal? No. 16 tomorrow will be scrutinised closely I imagine.

Sorry yeah typo. Think it's fairly obvious it means Daly cb, Cooke mf and Daly eile centre forward. It's probably negative from the pov that if farragher is starting, it 100% means Comers not. There's no way he'll use farragher as a dummy name for his first start. I'd guess he'll trust Henaey more as a back and use McDaid further forward

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭threeball

What's the story with the Gary O Donnell obsession. He's a good lad to come in and shore up a flagging defence 65mins in but offers nothing going forward which you need from your wing backs.

Cooke will obviously go to midfield as Michael Daly hasn't the size to be a fielding midfielder or the pace and engine to be a forager.

Lavelle in goal is a joke. Power will probably pack it in after this.

These dummy teams if this is one do us no favours. I think they unsettle the squad who end up having to just nod and agree when they get told well done for making the team knowing full well they won't be on from the start. Constant dummy teams shows me a manager who has no confidence in his players or even knows his best 12 let alone 15.

And yet every team and poster here wants to be like Dublin and Jim Gavin sees no problem making 4 changes minutes before an All Ireland Final. People need to grow up around the area of teams named for programmes and dummy teams. They can do what they see fit

• Advertisement

threeball wrote:
    Lavelle in goal is a joke. Power will probably pack it in after this.

This is harsh. I'm sorry I know people have zoned in on this goalkeeping position but I've been at enough games to know there is little between the two goalies and I would have no issue with either. Lavelle has been number one for a few seasons now and I don't remember him costing us too much and I still believe without some of his performances we'd still be a division two side.

Power managed to wrestle the number one shirt from him for the Sligo game. He was named to start a Connacht final and made a decision that meant he didn't.

Advertisement