Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

spurshero wrote: »
    what club is McDonagh

Mountbellew Moylough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭basillarkin

what club is McDonagh

Getting a transfer to pearses, gaa is a joke. Small clubs getting screwed all over the county and country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭spurshero

what club is McDonagh

Getting a transfer to pearses, gaa is a joke. Small clubs getting screwed all over the county and country.
    is he ya . Well if he wants to progress his own career in fairness he will prob need to be playing senior club

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Do Mountbellew even have a senior/adult team in hurling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

grbear wrote:
    Do Mountbellew even have a senior/adult team in hurling?

No. So I think his outrage is a little misplaced.

• Advertisement

Not just him though. Loads of examples around our own county.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Any video off the schemozzle or will i have to wait for the game to go on the tg4 player? Made the poor call off watching kerry tyrone in the minor football. Poor game for what its worth

So because his club hasn’t a adult team you want him to give up playing is it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

is he ya . Well if he wants to progress his own career in fairness he will prob need to be playing senior club

His father is originally from pearses. Would probably be in school with a lot of the lads from that club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

The more things change the more they stay the same.
    Wexford will rue that game for a long time. Made no use of the extra man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

spurshero wrote:
    what club is McDonagh

Hurling stronghold of Mountbellew/Moylough!

Thought he was hurling with Ballygar?

• Site Banned Posts: 136 ✭✭rainybillwill

I says wrote: »

Looks like they thought they had the game won after Chins goal..Ref had a shocker

Looks like they thought they had the game won after Chins goal..Ref had a shocker

Tipp reeled them in twice. Once from 5 down and again from 3 with the ref giving some crazy decisions against them. When the big names for Tipp stood up it swung the game.

Ref was dire for both sides some weird decisions given.

threeball wrote: »
    Tipp reeled them in twice. Once from 5 down and again from 3 with the ref giving some crazy decisions against them. When the big names for Tipp stood up it swung the game.

The only thing I can say I’ll be pig sick watching the final if I can bring myself to watch it.
    I might watch the 1990 final instead.
    The cold sweats of that final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

threeball wrote:
    Thought he was hurling with Ballygar?

Greg Thomas is from Ballygar another hurling stronghold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭Robson99

They said Kelly had a shocker last night well that was 10 times worse. Absolutely rode Wexford after sending off

Ref was dire for both sides some weird decisions given.
    he was a lot worse for Tipp. If they didn’t win he would have got some stick

How's the minor fullback who got the punch in the jaw?

I presume our CB is gone for the final too?

threeball wrote: »
    How's the minor fullback who got the punch in the jaw?

I presume our CB is gone for the final too?
    Supposedly concussed . They are going to appeal red card but unlikely to win it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Was going to ask will it be ahascragh or pearses he plays for next year. Sure not a hope he could stay with mountbellew, I think they might have joined up with skehana this year but may even be junior B

Tadhg Haran the only one I can think of tbh...

And the city boundaries work a bit differently. If anything, him playing all the way up to minor for salthill is to be commended since theyre well and truly football centric

100%

It was set up for them this year. Tipp have been well off colour the last few games, and they (Wexford) have KKs number of recent

When they saw the finish line they froze. What separates the real top teams I suppose. Reminded me a bit of Waterford kk in 2016. The traditional big sides always have that sheer will to win which can drag them over the line in semis and finals

No way Galway will be as bad next year, and no matter what happens in 3 weeks kk will be much improved in Leinster next year one imagines. I'd be surprised if wexford won Leinster again, and I fear for them that they could be a long while even getting to a semi again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

jr86 wrote: »
    Tadhg Haran the only one I can think of tbh...

I know it's going back a few years, but Kevin Brady used to play for sylane (still does afaik) but transferred to castlegar in order to play senior club. I'm not 100 % sure did he play senior for Galway.

RMAOK wrote: »
    I know it's going back a few years, but Kevin Brady used to play for sylane (still does afaik) but transferred to castlegar in order to play senior club. I'm not 100 % sure did he play senior for Galway.

Good point

He got a few runs in league but we're going back a good 12 years I'd say.

In fairness he did go back to sylane though as you say

100%

It was set up for them this year. Tipp have been well off colour the last few games, and they (Wexford) have KKs number of recent

When they saw the finish line they froze. What separates the real top teams I suppose. Reminded me a bit of Waterford kk in 2016. The traditional big sides always have that sheer will to win which can drag them over the line in semis and finals

No way Galway will be as bad next year, and no matter what happens in 3 weeks kk will be much improved in Leinster next year one imagines. I'd be surprised if wexford won Leinster again, and I fear for them that they could be a long while even getting to a semi again

I thought the same that it was their year when kk beat limerick last night. The provincial system is on life support already when you have whipping boys in Leinster and no relegation in Munster, May as well go open draw soon to get better matches. And the whole reffing, linesmen and umpires needs serious revision from HQ.

So because his club hasn’t a adult team you want him to give up playing is it ??

No not at all but mountbellew molough have an adult team and they play with skehana

No not at all but mountbellew molough have an adult team and they play with skehana

Yeah and they could quite easily not even field a team next year

This is a complete non story

Good point

He got a few runs in league but we're going back a good 12 years I'd say.

In fairness he did go back to sylane though as you say

Yes he had a big hand in them getting promoted to intermediate 2 years ago. Still playing with them.

• Advertisement

Young Ballygar lad playing with cashel now aswell

Advertisement