Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭threeball

Was there any news of the outcome of the players meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Half time in the ladies football, Galway are leading but it's a shakey lead.

Level game now :/

The women's game has come on alot in the last couple of years. Much better at retaining possession and playing heads up football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Ref is having too much say in the women’s match.hes whistle happy.
    Galway need to score the easy points.theyve missed several in second half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The ref misses a double bounce by the Mayo forward there a moment ago

EDIT: I might have been wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's a joke there is no injury time. Very flawed system

siblers wrote: »

They stop the clock for injuries.

siblers wrote: »

It’s modeled on Aussie rules I think.they stop the clock for injuries and use a claxton.

RMAOK wrote: »
    The ref misses a double bounce by the Mayo forward there a moment ago

EDIT: I might have been wrong

He pulled for a free to mayo in midfield for a hand over the shoulder having previously given a free out against a Galway girl through on goal who was fouled in the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

threeball wrote: »
    They stop the clock for injuries.

Yeah but you can kill a load of time on frees, line balls and kick outs. Kinda kills the excitement too when you know the one of the teams won't have time to get a winner or equaliser

Congrats and well done to the Galway women on getting to the final.best of luck to them

I hope now local media, towns, organisations etc get out the bunting, good luck messages and general decorations that they would if it was a senior men team in the final.

flazio wrote: »
    I hope now local media, towns, organisations etc get out the bunting, good luck messages and general decorations that they would if it was a senior men team in the final.

I’m going putting up my flageen

Same could be said for the camogie as well....

RMAOK wrote: »
    Same could be said for the camogie as well....
    Much to my shame I don't know how the ladies are doing there. Can anyone fill me in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Much to my shame I don't know how the ladies are doing there. Can anyone fill me in?

Galway senior camogie are in the final on Sept. 8th against Kilkenny.

also in the intermediate final against Westmeath on Sept. 8th

statesaver wrote: »

Galway senior camogie are in the final on Sept. 8th against Kilkenny.

also in the intermediate final against Westmeath on Sept. 8th

We most be close to the most prolific county when all grades and codes are taken into account. I remember at the beginning of August last year we still had 17 teams in the hunt for honours which was phenomenal
    This year we were in the junior football final, minor final, won the hurling minor, semis of the u20 football, women's football final, camogie final, club champions in football, runners up in hurling and probably a bunch more I can't think off. And it's not an unusual year.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Robert2014

very competitive at other under-age levels too. Congrats to the women footballers. I was at their last all-ireland final, I thought they left it behind against Cork that day. Who could have known the monster football team they would become? Be great to beat Dublin in one All-Ireland final anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Whatever happens with the managerial appointment, the sooner the county board is over hauled the better.

https://twitter.com/peterswellman/status/1167080610868932609?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MfMan

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Whatever happens with the managerial appointment, the sooner the county board is over hauled the better.

https://twitter.com/peterswellman/status/1167080610868932609?s=21

Perhaps waiting until they were sure he wouldn't change his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Robert2014

Poor form for a person who helped lead us to our first All-Ireland in nearly 30 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Best of luck to the minor footballers today.

grbear wrote: »
    Best of luck to the minor footballers today.

Agreed - it'd be great if we done the double at minor. AFAIK, it'd be our first time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Cork look a noticeably bigger side on first look.

Very composed group for such a young age. They cover back exceptionally well and move the ball around with purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Culhane is class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Most defensive I've seen these lads play this year. Working ok so far. Warren Seoige and James McLaughlin not in it much so far hopefully more to come in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Tomo Culhane is the sort of player you'd happily pay to see play. Very impressive.

Good first half from the lads. Not giving Cork too much.

• Advertisement

Good showing by the minors in the first half. Of the backs keep an eye on Corbett, then cork could be in bother. They seem to be trying to funnel all their attacks through him.

Culhane is excellent at full forward.

Advertisement