Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭threeball

Most defensive I've seen these lads play this year. Working ok so far. Warren Seoige and James McLaughlin not in it much so far hopefully more to come in the second half.

They were similar against Kerry. Our full back line is our most impressive line. Exceptionally tight and good footballers.

Cork lad lucky not to get the line for raising the elbow in that frontal challenge. Could have seriously hurt the Galway no.10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Most defensive I've seen these lads play this year. Working ok so far /quote]

Big focus not to concede goals to a Cork side that scored 7 goals in their last two games I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Tomo is a great prospect excellent scores off both feet.. Backs playing brilliantly some great blocks and defending without giving away frees.. Passes into the forwards not great at times overall very happy... Pity to see all the empty spaces in the stand same people complaining about price of tickets not bothering with minor match

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Damn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Should have been all over two mins ago if ball was passed across instead of shot, think it was culhane that was waiting and would have had tap in. One down now, hopefully they can pick it up

• Advertisement

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Should have been all over two mins ago if ball was passed across instead of shot, think it was culhane that was waiting and would have had tap in. One down now, hopefully they can pick it up

We passed up a few potential goal chances in favour of points in the first half. I was worried that would come back and bite us.

threeball wrote: »
    We passed up a few potential goal chances in favour of points in the first half. I was worried that would come back and bite us.

Could do. Still think Galway look the better team but they need to be a bit more clinical and get scores on the board.

ClanofLams wrote: »

Could do. Still think Galway look the better team but they need to be a bit more clinical and get scores on the board.

It's the kind of game the lesser team will sneak in the last minute after chasing the game for 60 mins.

Surprised to see o Flaherty gone, thought he was better than McLaughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Why kick it away there? Just hold onto it. You’re ahead.

That shot was some rush of blood to the head

• Advertisement

****in hell how does that happen

Criminal not to foul there. Game was won.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Criminal not to foul there. Game was won.

Definitely - if they gave away a black card, or even worse, a red so what? There game was over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Mental last 5 minutes

RMAOK wrote: »
    Definitely - if they gave away a black card, or even worse, a red so what? There game was over

Just jump on his back. Kick him. Anything. To let him through like that is mental.

But sure they are only young lads I suppose.

Can't believe they conceded the 2nd goal after the game being put to bed less than 20secs earlier. If they lose the replay they'll kick themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

threeball wrote:
    Can't believe they conceded the 2nd goal after the game being put to bed less than 20secs earlier. If they lose the replay they'll kick themselves.

Extra time.

Seemed like they only had 2 defenders back in the full back line. Mad stuff. At that stage you should have the entire team back in defence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

How many minutes a side

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Bollox! Terrible defending there

• Advertisement

threeball wrote:

Extra time.

Bollox I was off watch brolly talking sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

gammygils wrote: »

They just stood up.

If cork go another point or two up, then that will finish galway imo

Galway look a bit stunned from conceding that late goal. Not at the races in extra time at all.

They’ll have major regrets over this one I fear.

It's not looking good now. Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory

RMAOK wrote: »
    gammygils wrote: »

They just stood up.

If cork go another point or two up, then that will finish galway imo

I think we put much more in to the 60 than Cork. We look like our legs are gone and our heads.

Come on lads!

Never Give Up!!!!

Tough lesson for those lads to learn but they blew that game. Had it won and only had to defend one attack without conceding a goal and somehow left themselves open at the back and let them in for a goal. Completely knocked the stuffing out of them for extra time.

Tough lesson but it’ll make them better players going forward. Won’t feel like that tonight though.

Unfair on them to lose like this. Scoreline bears no reflection to reality.

Probably the better side in normal time. Won’t be much comfort tonight though.

• Advertisement

Probably the better side in normal time. Won’t be much comfort tonight though.

Nope. Poor Culhane will be kicking himself over the free to win it. Tiny, tiny margins

Advertisement