Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭testtech05

Rochford has confirmed he's staying with Donegal. Bonner + backroom team ratified at county board meeting last night.

I only heard Bonner was staying. No mention of the backroom team. Was hoping Rochford may be an option for us but seems it won't be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

testtech05 wrote: »
    I only heard Bonner was staying. No mention of the backroom team. Was hoping Rochford may be an option for us but seems it won't be the case.

Confirmed to county committee that backroom team had all committed for 2020.

Rochford is on record in numerous places over the past year or so that he has no interest in going back to management.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭testtech05

Confirmed to county committee that backroom team had all committed for 2020.

Rochford is on record in numerous places over the past year or so that he has no interest in going back to management.

Cheers wishful thinking on my behalf so it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

testtech05 wrote: »

He'd be great with the corofin connection and the players at your disposal.

It's great that Walsh has gone. Hopefully you gt the right people in to unlock the talent that's there. Need to be pushing for All Irelands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

testtech05 wrote:

Plenty of those seemingly in the know in Corofin and beyond say Rochford/Morris is a done deal already. So we'll have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Go on the rochy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭threeball

Rochford has confirmed he's staying with Donegal. Bonner + backroom team ratified at county board meeting last night.

Ya heard last night that the Rochford/Morris ticket likely wasn't a runner.
    Joyce and Divilly it is so.

True its hard to have faith in them picking his successor.. Then perhaps they may stumble on a good un by accident and then take all the credit for themselves
    Tis their nature

They're in a fairly crap position now, no manager for either code. Self inflicted with Donoghue and now Walsh has dropped them in it fairly late in the day. That should have been decided when we exited weeks ago and there was wiggle room to pick a manager. Now they have only 6 weeks at most to find two or next year will be a write off.

threeball wrote: »
    Ya heard last night that the Rochford/Morris ticket likely wasn't a runner.
    Joyce and Divilly it is so.

Joyce and divilly favorite this morning with rochford morris second according to the wireless.

I’d prefer rochy now and leave joyce divilly where they are and have them for again with more experience

Joyce and divilly favorite this morning with rochford morris second according to the wireless.

I’d prefer rochy now and leave joyce divilly where they are and have them for again with more experience

Me too, but I spoke to a lad very close to that scene and he couldn't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

PJ doesn't have Manager Experience for job at Senior Level. Would like to see Kevin O'Brien or David Morris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭PressRun

Heard this too - apparently he is more comfortable in a coaching role than being the main man, as it were.

PressRun wrote: »
    Heard this too - apparently he is more comfortable in a coaching role than being the main man, as it were.

A bageen of money might coax him along

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

First things first, best of luck to Kevin and his team. They are undoubtedly leaving the Galway football team in a better place compared to when they started.

Couple of very big weeks ahead for the board now. The temptation to take the cheap option has to be resisted as thats only a fools game. We saw this year with the crowd the U-20 footballers got for the Connacht final that people will come out in good numbers to support a team they are excited by. Get in someone who'll get the team playing a good modern style of football. Theres good players there, they just need to be used differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

We're at base camp now an we need a couple of good sherpas to guide us to the summit

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Anyone see the difference between KW full statement and the press release from the county board this morning?
    The county board quoted his entire statement but decided to remove the full paragraph about the recommendations KW made in his report.
    Serious serious cowboys. That report is currently at the bottom of a shredder in Pat Kearney's office.

Anyone see the difference between KW full statement and the press release from the county board this morning?
    The county board quoted his entire statement but decided to remove the full paragraph about the recommendations KW made in his report.
    Serious serious cowboys. That report is currently at the bottom of a shredder in Pat Kearney's office.

I said it before.
    The mafia aren’t a patch on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭Robson99

I think it was plain to see from Kevin's statement that money is an issue and that was as clear as day from Donoghue stepping down as well.
    They both are probably owed a **** load of money. Who in the right frame of mind would want to get involved with the circus of a county board that we have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Agreed the county board are a shambles. But aren't they being investigated for financial 'irregularities' already or was that resolved?

Agreed the county board are a shambles. But aren't they being investigated for financial 'irregularities' already or was that resolved?

Not anymore. Report was quashed. By Croke Park. If anyone can work that out I'd love to know the reason for Croke Park to make that decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Not anymore. Report was quashed. By Croke Park. If anyone can work that out I'd love to know the reason for Croke Park to make that decision.

They turned a blind eye for years to the messing going on in Galway despite bailing them out over Mountain South. There's definitely people in Croke Park who knew things weren't being handled properly in Galway but chose not to intervene. Exposing the full story would make them look bad as well. Official line is "legal threats".

I don't think Mike Burke gets enough credit for managing to expose as much of the blaggarding as he did last year.

grbear wrote: »
    They turned a blind eye for years to the messing going on in Galway despite bailing them out over Mountain South. There's definitely people in Croke Park who knew things weren't being handled properly in Galway but chose not to intervene. Exposing the full story would make them look bad as well. Official line is "legal threats".

I don't think Mike Burke gets enough credit for managing to expose as much of the blaggarding as he did last year.

I always loved this as a line for crooks to weasel their way out, happened with the banks too. We are aware we were robbed blind but the alleged perpetrator is threatening to sue so we'll leave it be. Subtext is always I'm covering my arse cos he knows where the bodies are buried.

Anyone got a link to the two statements. I've a feeling we'll have two former players managing both teams next year and working off pittance. The lads on the CB will make sure they have a good dinner and get the mileage expenses every time they leave their parish.

threeball wrote:
    I always loved this as a line for crooks to weasel their way out, happened with the banks too. We are aware we were robbed blind but the alleged perpetrator is threatening to sue so we'll leave it be. Subtext is always I'm covering my arse cos he knows where the bodies are buried.

€900,000 over twelve years is the figure I was given. Could be a lot more. No one knows. Receipts didn't exist for a lot of this period. Credit card debacle was akin to Mr Delaney of the FAI with hotels and shops in America, restaurants all over the place popping up on it. For someone to put in this much work and then be hamstrung with the releasing of the report must be infuriating.

€900,000 over twelve years is the figure I was given. Could be a lot more. No one knows. Receipts didn't exist for a lot of this period. Credit card debacle was akin to Mr Delaney of the FAI with hotels and shops in America, restaurants all over the place popping up on it. For someone to put in this much work and then be hamstrung with the releasing of the report must be infuriating.

Why aren't incidents like these reported to the guards. They then have an obligation to investigate. Surely there's someone with enough info and unhappy enough with what went on to get the ball rolling. Its theft after all

threeball wrote:
    Why aren't incidents like these reported to the guards. They then have an obligation to investigate. Surely there's someone with enough info and unhappy enough with what went on to get the ball rolling. Its theft after all

Guards were involved. Again this seems to have been dropped. No idea why. One former county board member was under serious pressure. All seems to have been quashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

EDiP871WsAAft2C?format=png&name=small

A decent record when you match it up with the five years before Walsh arrived. 2018 was his peak leading Galway to the NFL final and AI semi final, if Dublin weren't standing in their way for both games they might have won both? What will next five years bring for Galway is main question now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Terrible when you think of it that they will get away with their shenanagins involving thousands of euro and then if they happen to stumble accidentally on a manager who takes us all the way they will bask in the glory and all will be forgotten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

For all the dreaming of Rochford it won't happen with our group of clowns at the high-table of Galway GAA. They've squandered so much financially, with some of very suspect negligence from particular individuals, I'd be shocked if they'll foot decent funding for the next upcoming managers.

PJ is also meant to be caught for time next year with the success of his recruitment firm so I'd be shocked if he took it.

And let you not forget the satchels fired out on the green in Ballinasloe for the inside jobby and they saying they were mugged.
    It’s going on for generations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Amazing thing is they think they can get away with such shenanigans in the digital media age.

Advertisement