Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Robert2014

Seems like a panic Joe-Kernan type appointment to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

https://twitter.com/peterswellman/status/1171804428040658945

Looked like Louis Mulqueen was to be part of it too but last nights get together didn't go well.

What happened at the meeting. Hopefully it goes down the toilet. I'd rather anyone but that mercenary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

threeball wrote: »
    What happened at the meeting. Hopefully it goes down the toilet. I'd rather anyone but that mercenary.

Ya hopefully doesn't work. County board feel one of the selectors needs to be "heavily involved in the local club scene" not sure how Louis Mulqueen would not fit this criteria but I would hazard a guess they want a Galwegian. (Cathal Murrays name was mentioned last night). Those on the team didn't seem to like been dictated this early in negotiations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If Connacht Tribune reports are true that Rochford is manager with PJ and div as coaches, this is one of the greatest days for Galway GAA in history. Please fuucking god

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    If Connacht Tribune reports are true that Rochford is manager with PJ and div as coaches, this is one of the greatest days for Galway GAA in history. Please fuucking god

That would be some set up if it comes to pass.

• Advertisement

I don't know why this is taking so long to sort out. It's torturous. Finally might be the man that was strongly tipped weeks ago! If it comes to pass and we have some sort of let up in injuries at least we can say either the current crop are good enough or they're not.

Now that would be good. Hopefully they can convince Dave Morris to take on the stats and a small backroom role in game planning. That would be great for everyone.

I don't know why this is taking so long to sort out. It's torturous. Finally might be the man that was strongly tipped weeks ago! If it comes to pass and we have some sort of let up in injuries at least we can say either the current crop are good enough or they're not.

The excuses are gone if we get that group. Would PJ and John keep the u20s.

Any further word on the Hurlers. Really do not want Davy.

threeball wrote:
    The excuses are gone if we get that group. Would PJ and John keep the u20s.

100% they can't perform for this management team then they can forget it. Age wise they're coming to their prime years. They shouldn't lack for experience. So it's either they're good enough or they're not.

Hurling wise Davy is back from America. Meant to be meeting Wexford officials Monday. I guess the moment of truth will arrive after that. Man with the money wants him. We'll see how much of a factor that will be. Opinions seemed to have cooled after the get together last Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Have you a link handy? Can’t see it on their twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mjp

I have heard Anthony Daly in pole position for hurlers. Would be a decent appointment. Is there any other major backer behind co board apart from pat Mc donagh funding these appointments

mjp wrote: »
    I have heard Anthony Daly in pole position for hurlers. Would be a decent appointment. Is there any other major backer behind co board apart from pat Mc donagh funding these appointments

I think Daly would be a good choice. Any team he works with seems to love him. He unifies his groups and brings that infectious love for the game you see in his commentary. That's what our lads need, not barking, banging desks and kicking down doors running out of the dressing room. Our lads need a focal point to rally around and climb the hill again.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Have you a link handy? Can’t see it on their twitter

It's from the Connaught Telegraph.

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2019/09/14/4179652-rochford-strongly-tipped-/

mjp wrote: »

If we have to go outside, then Daly would be more than acceptable. A lot more palatable than Davy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

grbear wrote: »

Very strong management team!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Best of luck to the women today in the football.hope they stop the dubs 3 in a row.
    Up the tribettes

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mjp

Examiner to have some breaking news on football management shortly. Hopefully it's confirmation or Rockford Joyce and divilly ticket. That would be a serious setup and really get the crowds behind this team. Exciting even thinking about it now and it's only September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

They should surely have concrete info given Divilly's association with the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Rochford staying with Donegal according to Examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Rochford staying with Donegal according to Examiner

If true you'd wonder how the Telegraph could get that so arseways?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

So which story do we believe?:D

TBH I'd imagine he'll stay with Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

seligehgit wrote:
    Very strong management team!

Ain't happening though.

There’s no smoke without fire.
    Hopefully we will see rochy in yet.
    Rochy and joyce would light a fire under them players and if they are found wanting then the cat would be out of the bag.
    Wouldn’t be long finding out exactly what you have then

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Irelandfan1990

It was confirmed a few weeks ago Donegal backroom staff were to stay on for 2020 and nothing different has been said since up here. I hope for our sake he stays as been great addition to the Donegal setup and his influence on the younger players could be massive next few years (also rumored to be on a pretty nice deal up here)

If Galway got him in as manager they potentially could make that step up that's needed to compete with the likes of Dublin as the players available to yous are on a good standard just need the right manager to reach their potential

Good luck to the ladies footballers today - hopefully they can make it a double with the camogie last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Settling down to hopefully watch the ladies beat Dublin.

C'mon Galway!

Up the tribettes

Dublin ladies are fond of the Galway shawl.

That was a lot of excitement for two scores!

• Advertisement

So Rochford has confirmed hes staying with Donegal according to the Indo. These two appointments are open to more interpretations than the tackle in football.

First it was Rochford and DM, the PJ and Divilly, then Rochford, PJ and Divilly.

Hurling going from Mulqueen, to Davy, to Daly.

Surely Boris Johnson will be linked to one of them when he gets the elbow across the water.

Advertisement