Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr in Tralee

Options
  • 19-09-2018 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just moved to Tralee and am looking for a family friendly Doctor.

Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi there,
    Just moved to Tralee and am looking for a family friendly Doctor.

Any suggestions please?

I am with Dr Gerry O'Shea in Clounalour medical centre (Oakpark), but he's very hard to get an appointment with and I don't know if they are taking on new patients. I'm hearing that with a lot of surgeries in town, so I can really only advise ringing around a few. There are other doctors in Clounalour though, so maybe try them anyway.

I've been with the same GP for a long time, so I am not sure who else to recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Joniamhsean

Thanks a mill. Will ring around and hopefully get a family friendly doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just to update. We registered with oakpark medical this week. Clounlour and moyderwell were also willing to take a family.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill

Thanks a mill

Just to add, oakpark has a Saturday morning clinic.

A further update on this thread.
    The family had a first visit to oakpark yesterday.
    Really nice staff and doctors were lovely.
    Even the practice owner came in to say hello.

For our eastern European boardsies.
    There is a Polish doctor who also speaks Czech and as a result Slovak.

My wife has hit gold!

Thats fantastic. Did give them a ring and I still need to pop in for the application.

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thats fantastic. Did give them a ring and I still need to pop in for the application.

Thanks

Keep in mind too that there is South Doc up in Collis Sands, which is the out of hours emergency doctor, should you require a doctor at night. You must ring them first though. Details on their website.

• Advertisement

Thanks

Fill in the form , drop it back and they'll call you in a few days.

As Ciarrai said, south doc is available across the road as well in collision sands....sad to see it loose it's original purpose. I remember staying there many years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kingdomcomms

Fill in the form , drop it back and they'll call you in a few days.

As Ciarrai said, south doc is available across the road as well in collision sands....sad to see it loose it's original purpose. I remember staying there many years ago!

The Collis Sandes building is not being used by South Doc !!! The building that they use was originally a family bungalow (built in 1978) on the right as you drive up the road toward the Collis Sandes building. The bungalow is now used by South Doc and the Irish Wheelchair Association.

P.S.
    The Collis Sandes building was used as a Novitiate for many years after the british were thrown out of Ireland. After the nuns left it it was used by Teagasc for many years, after they left, it was purchased by a local man called Enda O'Brien (a grand nephew of Tom Crean) who rented a large part of it for many years to a Private Secondary School called Brookfield College. After they left it was turned into a kind of a meeting place for workshops etc.

Advertisement