Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    whoopty ****ing doo lads, again, the facilities are not adequate, hence this kind of behaviour, I'm awaiting my punishment. I've been arrested before, it really isn't much of a deal. Ffs, humans piss all over the planet, do we really need to protect the children this much? Again, nobody seen me as I was well concealed within a poncho. If someone sat in my piss, they probably wouldnt know about it. Again, the facilities are piss poor in the venue, this needs to be addressed

I agree the facilities weren't good enough. But, that doesn't in any way excuse your carry on. Pissing in an area people are sitting, standing, trying to enjoy themselves in, is disgusting. You should be embarrassed. Instead you seem to bragging, as if you did something clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

whoopty ****ing doo lads, again, the facilities are not adequate, hence this kind of behaviour, I'm awaiting my punishment. I've been arrested before, it really isn't much of a deal. Ffs, humans piss all over the planet, do we really need to protect the children this much? Again, nobody seen me as I was well concealed within a poncho. If someone sat in my piss, they probably wouldnt know about it. Again, the facilities are piss poor in the venue, this needs to be addressed[/QUOTE

So everyone else that used the toilets made a special/massive effort to walk to the toilets for a slash ?
    I went to the toilets plenty of times and it didn't cause me distress, and I could still hear the music, wasn't delayed by the Q at all.
    Did you require seat covers and a red carpet ?

And if you started pi$$ing near my children , id pull your exhibitionist head off ..
    Would you sh1t in front of people too , even if you had a poncho ?

You are probably the kind of person that pi$$es against peoples doors after a night out ……

Ever hear of respect ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Nugget89 wrote:
    I agree the facilities weren't good enough. But, that doesn't in any way excuse your carry on. Pissing in an area people are sitting, standing, trying to enjoy themselves in, is disgusting. You should be embarrassed. Instead you seem to bragging, as if you did something clever.

Oh ffs lads, I'm not bragging about it, I seriously couldn't give a fcuk about such a thing, again the facts, the toilet facilities at the venue are deeply inadequate, hence why I done this, if they were adequate, I wouldn't have so, and no, I'm not embarrassed, I'm just fine, truly, I am. No it has nothing to do with intelligence, its a simple human need, and again, the facilities simply were not adequate on site

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

I got pissed on by some lad at Slane and let me tell ya its not at all pleasant , its the height of disrespect and pure laziness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Bet ya didn't think about this hot debate when going for that wizz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

whoopty ****ing doo lads, again, the facilities are not adequate, hence this kind of behaviour, I'm awaiting my punishment. I've been arrested before, it really isn't much of a deal. Ffs, humans piss all over the planet, do we really need to protect the children this much? Again, nobody seen me as I was well concealed within a poncho. If someone sat in my piss, they probably wouldnt know about it. Again, the facilities are piss poor in the venue, this needs to be addressed

The facilities have been piss poor in the venue since day 1. But you decided to go. No excuse. Theres a river downhill with loads of fish in it that thousands of peoples urine will poison.

Fish killer!

Bet ya didn't think about this hot debate when going for that wizz.

If you need to go you need to go but you should at least either do it in a cup or soemthing or if its lashing down with rain piss yourself cause whos going to notice , I think that you shouldnt get pissed on cause somebody cant be arsed doing either of the two above , the toilets situation has always been shocking there anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Oh ffs lads, I'm not bragging about it, I seriously couldn't give a fcuk about such a thing, again the facts, the toilet facilities at the venue are deeply inadequate, hence why I done this, if they were adequate, I wouldn't have so, and no, I'm not embarrassed, I'm just fine, truly, I am. No it has nothing to do with intelligence, its a simple human need, and again, the facilities simply were not adequate on site

The rest of us managed to walk to the toilets. You're just pathetically lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Nal wrote: »
    The facilities have been piss poor in the venue since day 1. But you decided to go. No excuse. Theres a river downhill with loads of fish in it that thousands of peoples urine will poison.

Fish killer!

No comment about saying they wouldn't even sell out the RDS ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Fact is, civilised people don't piss in the middle of a crowd. Inadequate facilities don't excuse your behaving like a total oaf. You're not embarrassed, well that's hardly surprising. It's hard to teach people manners after a certain age, looks like it's too late for you. Bad rearing, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's a relevant argument tbh, festival crowds are different. How many of that Glastonbury crowd got their ticket for Kanye West specifically? Not too many.

The answer is none of them. Glastonbury sells out before any line up announcements are made.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Throw in Tool and NIN and you would have an insane day on your hands!!!:D

Local band to open (preferably someone like primordial)
    My dying bride
    Cradle of filth
    Nine inch nails
    Rammstein
    Tool

That’s one dark sounding slane....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Having withdrawal symptoms today lads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Having withdrawal symptoms today lads :(

Get this into ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

For me the list of possiblities for slane could be

Iron Maiden
    Aerosmith
    Kiss
    Mötley Crue (if they tour again)
    Def Leppard (not sure if they could sell it out though)
    Oasis

Iron Maiden
    Aerosmith
    Kiss
    Oasis

Have you seen Vince Neil nowadays haha he cant sing for **** , doubt def leppard could even attract a crowdof 75k , Kiss dont even sing live anymore , Aerosmith would actually be good in fairness and Iron Maiden too , Oasis would be amazing but I can't see Noel and Liam getting back together anytime soon , AC/DC will be the next act hopefully they would actually bring in 75k i reckon or Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Iron Maiden
    Aerosmith
    Kiss
    Oasis

Only the first and last would draw a decent crowd imo.

Kiss couldn’t sell out the 3 arena the last time they played and Paul was actually still singing then.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Iron Maiden
    Aerosmith
    Kiss
    Oasis
    Off all the bands on that list Oasis are the only ones capable of selling out Slane.
    I think MCD made a big mistake by not having Therapy? at Slane instead of SLF or Kerbdog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

When did Kerbdog play at Slane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

adox wrote: »
    Only the first and last would draw a decent crowd imo.

Not just your opinion I'd say most people with logic :pac:

Oasis certainly, Maiden at a push they do seem more popular here in recent years than ever before and would get some sort of % of rub from international fans to assist sales.

When did Kerbdog play at Slane?

They didn't but should of had them or therapy instead of SLF

Not just your opinion I'd say most people with logic :pac:

Oasis certainly, Maiden at a push they do seem more popular here in recent years than ever before and would get some sort of % of rub from international fans to assist sales.

I love Maiden but there is no way in hell they would get enough people to even half sell Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Get this into ya!

Says it's Whiskey in the Jar 25 seconds in :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

allen175 wrote: »
    Says it's Whiskey in the Jar 25 seconds in :confused::D

It's not though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Rammstein would be unreal!

Initial thoughts would be like others in saying it'll never happen but..... perhaps the success of Metallica would open Slane open to other Metal acts?

And they are doing stadium tours around Europe this year.

Could easily see them doing 50k + there.

Slipknot ever an option? Similar ilk to Rammstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Degag wrote: »
    Rammstein would be unreal!

Initial thoughts would be like others in saying it'll never happen but..... perhaps the success of Metallica would open Slane open to other Metal acts?

And they are doing stadium tours around Europe this year.

Could easily see them doing 50k + there.

Slipknot ever an option? Similar ilk to Rammstein.

Forget about Rammstein lads. Not a hope in hell of them headlining Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Degag wrote:

It would be nice, but I really doubt it. Metallica have broad appeal, Ramstein and Slipknot just don't.

I always thought a Nu metal type tour of all the terrible bands I used to listen to in the early 00s would be a runner. Have like five bands with the likes of Limp Bizkit, Stained, Disturbed, Evanescence, POD, Saliva and all those other guilty pleasure type bands. Basically anything that was on Kerrang in 2004. Throw it in a big field like Punchestown, I think it would be a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Just seen on RTE website that Philomena Lynott has passed away.

So that’s her out of the running for headlining next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

s8n wrote: »
    So that’s her out of the running for headlining next year

Not even REMOTELY funny

Advertisement