Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭peter4918

psychozeb wrote: »
    I love Maiden but there is no way in hell they would get enough people to even half sell Slane

They should look into setting it up like Monsters of Rock in Donnington and had decent bands on the line up with Iron Maiden as headliners it would def draw a massive crowd from here and around the world. Think of Donnington 88 or 92. Wow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jesus that One video is amazing. I'd love them to release the full show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

peter4918 wrote: »
    They should look into setting it up like Monsters of Rock in Donnington and had decent bands on the line up with Iron Maiden as headliners it would def draw a massive crowd from here and around the world. Think of Donnington 88 or 92. Wow!!

They had a Download Festival thingy here in the RDS back in 06.....GnR headlined the Friday and Metallica headlined the Sunday. They also had a tent set up for some of the other acts that were there......Stone Sour being one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Forget about Rammstein lads. Not a hope in hell of them headlining Slane.

A LOT of people (myself included) said the same about Metallica.

Rammstein may have less mainstream appeal but anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was at this one in 1984, a great lineup.

s-l1600.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

D.Q wrote: »
    Jesus that One video is amazing. I'd love them to release the full show.

I think you can buy it on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Leppard Messiah

psychozeb wrote: »
    They didn't but should of had them or therapy instead of SLF

yeah stiff little fingers were a terrible call..MCD obviously knew the ticket sales were doing okay so they didnt need to shell out big money for bigger acts but Therapy would have been a much better call and would have had the place rocking

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

endainoz wrote: »

I always thought a Nu metal type tour of all the terrible bands I used to listen to in the early 00s would be a runner. Have like five bands with the likes of Limp Bizkit, Stained, Disturbed, Evanescence, POD, Saliva and all those other guilty pleasure type bands. Basically anything that was on Kerrang in 2004. Throw it in a big field like Punchestown, I think it would be a winner.

I would LOVE that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I wonder when James will get a new intro for sad but true? Sick of him giving the whole “do you want heavy? Metallica gives you heavy baby” spiel just before they start into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Get this into ya!

The money they spend on these tours must be incredible. The video footage alone, all the cameras, the light show, pyro, even the fireworks at the end went on for about 20 minutes. They could and should produce a Blu Ray of the slane gig. Could be wrong, but they probably won't play a bigger show in Europe this year, the venue looks great on camera, the crowd was fairly into it, a lot of singing etc. Would be good.

• Advertisement

It would be nice, but I really doubt it. Metallica have broad appeal, Ramstein and Slipknot just don't.

I always thought a Nu metal type tour of all the terrible bands I used to listen to in the early 00s would be a runner. Have like five bands with the likes of Limp Bizkit, Stained, Disturbed, Evanescence, POD, Saliva and all those other guilty pleasure type bands. Basically anything that was on Kerrang in 2004. Throw it in a big field like Punchestown, I think it would be a winner.

You'd need to include Korn in that for sure! I think it would do well alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The quality of the MP3 from the show is insanely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

You'd need to include Korn in that for sure! I think it would do well alright.

Might as well throw in Feeder and Jimmy Eat World too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lithium93_ wrote: »

You can ever hear the Gardai on the megaphones giving directions after Enter Sandman!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It would be nice, but I really doubt it. Metallica have broad appeal, Ramstein and Slipknot just don't.

I knw different names but they done a tour like this in 2016 in the US. Jesus sum of those names would take u back esp If u grew up in the last 90s/early 00s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_America_Rock_Again

You can ever hear the Gardai on the megaphones giving directions after Enter Sandman!

Haven't gotten that far yet.

The crowd singing for Memory Remains, Whiskey, Enter Sandman and a few others is epic on the recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lithium93_ wrote: »

They're mixed by the guy who produced Hardwired

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

I saw the one fellow pissing into his own pint.

He didn't even notice until he took a swig and I wasn't about to warn the dirtbird either.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

The crowd singing for Memory Remains, Whiskey, Enter Sandman and a few others is epic on the recordings.

Sorry can I ask where you get this, was there Saturday.

• Advertisement

Sorry can I ask where you get this, was there Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Any idea how to get this with the e ticket. I can't find a barcode and can't view the qr code any more

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

They had a Download Festival thingy here in the RDS back in 06.....GnR headlined the Friday and Metallica headlined the Sunday. They also had a tent set up for some of the other acts that were there......Stone Sour being one of them.

😲😲 I kept saying how I'd love to see stone sour (or slipknot) supporting metallica on Saturday. but already seen slipknot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Dartz wrote: »

He didn't even notice until he took a swig and I wasn't about to warn the dirtbird either.

I can imagine the Heineken must of tasted better after that. :D:eek::D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

They're mixed by the guy who produced Hardwired

take it you got sorted with your replacement ticket and parking then Mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dartz wrote: »

Jesus that's a one for me, I've seen a fella get sick into a pint alrite and drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Only decent bands I can see headlining anytime soon would include RHCP, Pearl Jam, AC/DC, at a push, Iron Maiden. Pretty much everyone knows a few songs by each of those, I don't think too many would know anything from Rammstein. We can but live in hope. Personally I'd love to see Darkthrone headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

seligehgit wrote: »
    I was there for both those gigs and Muse are an exceptional band live and a great fit for Slane.

Definitely agree Muse are exceptional live, they have an amazing energy to their shows. But I couldnt see them selling Slane out without a really good support act. I'd imagine they'd get 50-60k but couldnt see them doing 80k.

Someone a few pages back mentioned Paul McCartney, now theres someone who could definitely sell it out on his own. Saw him at Glastonbury years back and though I was skeptical about it (as was much of the crowd) it was one of the best gigs Ive ever seen, he just went right through the entire Beatles back catalog and it was hit after hit with the crowd singing every word to every tune. I think that was the night he gained a whole new generation of fans, its just astonishing how many superb tunes he has and seeing him live is like re-visiting your childhood. Would love to see him at Slane as he rarely plays in Ireland.

But we'll probably get Coldplay or Ed Sheeran. Oasis would be excellent too but we're not far enough into their 'broken up forever' cycle, give it 2 or 3 more years and then they'll be back.

If indeed it does get harder to secure a big rock act for Slane, and thinking about ideas outside the box - a possibility I reckon for filling it or close, would be Daft Punk. They are insanely popular and do have quite a rock vibe to a lot of their music. I for one am a big rock/metal fan but like Daft Punk a lot too, and like Metallica, they seem to get a lot of travelling support. Think with a good support band they could fill Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'd love to see Springsteen nxt at slane

Advertisement