Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

Are they doing a poster for slane? Some nice ones for other cities on the met store!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ekano wrote: »
    Are they doing a poster for slane? Some nice ones for other cities on the met store!

That ship sailed about 30mins after the doors opened at Slane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

scudzilla wrote: »

Ah dose! Should have gotten there sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

They were for sale at the merch stand down the bottom of the hill after the show , I should have got 1 but we decided to start walking
    They put a few on the website and the artist site the day after but were gone in minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

sugarman wrote: »
    Theyre selling for upwards of €200 on ebay now :eek:

Ya I know 1 person who got one in his VIP pack and I know 1 other person who was in the snake pit but not sure if he got one , if he did il throw him €50 and take it off him hes not bothered with them and would prefer I had it or at least his wife would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

Currently hanging up in our sitting room and it's not going anywhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

1zf2ctf.png

Perfect. Thank you!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

1zf2ctf.png
    Here

More help required! How the feck do I change the artwork in iTunes?

*EDIT - Ignore. Got it sorted. Thanks guys :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Penfailed wrote: »
    More help required! How the feck do I change the artwork in iTunes?

Right click on the album, and it should show edit album info, click that and there should be an add artwork option. Video here for help.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Right click on the album, and it should show edit album info, click that and there should be an add artwork option. Video here for help.

Thank you! I've just got it sorted :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

limabromac wrote: »
    My concern was with Ticketmaster who stayed faceless and rude with their response to me but MCD were so different in their approach... Maybe it's because it affects so many people...I remember when the zone A thing started and MCD came out and apologised and Ticketmaster said that you could change your tickets for a fee and now it turns out that they took extra money off people for no reason...
    Anyway, I'm happy that MCD acknowledged my concern and I will continue to question Ticketmaster for taking money that they didn't need to...imagine, if even 1000 people uprgraded from zone A to general standing then Ticketmaster and MCD pocketed an extra 10,000 for the day...I don't think personally they should get away with that ..

Just to get back to you about this as I haven't been on in a few days.

I did the same and forwarded the same concerning email to MCD and their response was much better.
    Genuine apologies and a promise to send the VIP package so we'll see what happens there..

This was the reply:

"Many thanks for your email, and your continued patience in relation to this matter. I wish to outline the following.

Zone A Standing was original intended as pre-sale, early-bird ticket purchase for an area at the rear of the venue. In the week leading up to the event taking place, this was no longer practically possible and the two areas merged. I hope this did not impede your enjoyment of the Metallica concert at Slane Castle. On behalf of MCD, we apologise for any inconvenience caused here, and hope you enjoyed the Metallica concert as there appears to have been a most positive response to the show.

Taking the above into consideration, and as a gesture of goodwill, I am happy to send you on an exclusive Metallica VIP package, including some unique items from the Worldwired tour. I assure you MCD is committed to delivering a high level of customer service, and we are grateful for all feedback received from customers at our events.

Please also confirm postal details and I will organise to issue your complimentary tickets at earliest convenience. Once again, apologies for the delay in replying here, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Once more, I welcome your feedback provided here, and should you have any further questions or queries in relation to MCD – Produced shows, please do not hesitate to contact me, and I will be more than happy to assist."

Glad that MCD acknowledged your concern mimimcmc... They did send me out a VIP package aswell and apologised for the inconveniences caused, fingers crossed you will get yours..

Ticketmaster did apologise in the end aswell but still said that it had nothing to do with them...Hopefully this will be the end of Zone A tickets in Slane and fans won't get caught out like we did...

Glad that MCD acknowledged your concern mimimcmc... They did send me out a VIP package aswell and apologised for the inconveniences caused, fingers crossed you will get yours..

Ticketmaster did apologise in the end aswell but still said that it had nothing to do with them...Hopefully this will be the end of Zone A tickets in Slane and fans won't get caught out like we did...

ya it was a bit of scam really.. but quite happy with their response.

What's in this package anyway?

I received the poster, sunglasses l, the cool plastic bag and the scarf....love the poster, so unique...

I received the poster, sunglasses l, the cool plastic bag and the scarf....love the poster, so unique...

Wow that's really nice of them! definitely worth more than a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Wow that's really nice of them! definitely worth more than a tenner

I’m currently awaiting a response about this .... still think we should get refunded though, we bought four tickets so forty quid out of pocket for nothing is a bit of a kick in the gut

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

kg703 wrote: »
    I’m currently awaiting a response about this .... still think we should get refunded though, we bought four tickets so forty quid out of pocket for nothing is a bit of a kick in the gut

Who have you gotten in contact with? I'm the same with four tickets

I agree, I would probably prefer the refund but I don't think MCD are that way inclined... but sure it's better than nothing..

Yep i bought 4 tickets too but Ticketmaster were adamant that it wasn't their issue...after slot of emails to them they just apologised and said they I need to pursue this with MCD... It's a joke as initially we had the zone A and then cancelled them and upgraded to the standing area so the credit card got hit with two lots of transactions and had to wait for around a week for the zone A money to get refunded....im just happy it was acknowledged at all and that they apologised...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

colmufc wrote: »
    They were for sale at the merch stand down the bottom of the hill after the show , I should have got 1 but we decided to start walking
    They put a few on the website and the artist site the day after but were gone in minutes

Yeah I reget not picking up one of those too.

Didn't expect the gift poster to last make it home in one piece but I got lucky.

Whats-App-Image-2019-06-22-at-11-07-32.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What frames did ye get for gig posters? I've a few I need to get done, but sizing is bit awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Those posters are a fairly standard 24" x 18"

I just got the same response re: Metallica gift bag.

You need to contact customercare@mcd.ie

I'll update when I get another response because I don't think it's satisfactory really

Also they said that the zone A was an 'early bird' offer.....

I'm pretty sure that 'offer' was still there in the run up to the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yeah I reget not picking up one of those too.

Didn't expect the gift poster to last make it home in one piece but I got lucky.

Whats-App-Image-2019-06-22-at-11-07-32.jpg

Fair play ... did MCD throw in the radiator too ? ... gotta be worth more than a tenner :pac:

I emailed Ticketmaster before Slane and was told that zone A is still going ahead....they were adamant that MCD didn't inform them that zone A was dropped and were so unhelpful.... The justice warrior part of me even sent them an early message when I got into Slane to say that zone A was no where to be seen and they replied with 'MCD have the right to change the venue at the last minute should they so wish...'.Zone A was never an early bird... It's not cool that they swindled money out of alot of people but it's just brushed under the carpet because they are big faceless corporations...at least MCD have acknowledged somehow but how many people lost money on this you'd wonder ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Yeah the early bird thing is a load of nonsense, it was advertised as a separate area and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Where did you guys contact MCD?

All I can see is a form on their contact us page

after my reply from MCD, I said this to them too

"I wasn't aware those tickets were intended for pre-sale/early bird as they were never advertised like this and were put on general sale, and as far as I can remember were on sale like this up until the week of the gig.
    It just felt a bit like pulling the wool over 60 odd thousand people's eyes as for an extra 10 euro each.."

I haven't had a reply since, but it did take nearly a week to get the first reply so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Where did you guys contact MCD?

All I can see is a form on their contact us page

That's how I contacted them.

Advertisement