Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I got an email from MCD asking me to do a survey on the gig. I've completed it and included my comments on the Zone A debacle, some of you might like to do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I got an email from MCD asking me to do a survey on the gig. I've completed it and included my comments on the Zone A debacle, some of you might like to do the same!

Also did the same :)

Hopefully they take it on board

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

Just filled it in there too... Hopefully someone will take note..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

But I thought they played Slane, are they playing again. :confused::confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Did the same also threw Pearl Jam down in the box that asked for acts you would go to there to see in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

Did the same also threw Pearl Jam down in the box that asked for acts you would go to there to see in the future.

Jinx...!! : )

I'll Never tire of seeing Pearl Jam..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Bring Metallica back asap

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

limabromac wrote: »
    Jinx...!! : )

I'll Never tire of seeing Pearl Jam..

Double jinx :D

(I also put a load of exclamation marks after so they know I mean business :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

received nothing from that lot … apart from the standard thanks for emailing re. ZoneA …..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

greenspurs wrote: »
    received nothing from that lot … apart from the standard thanks for emailing re. ZoneA …..

Same. Didn't get that survey email either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I sent a request for updates on my complaint (been about two weeks), and I got the gift pack email. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Interesting article here about Metallica and Livenation ripping off fans by deliberately placing tickets on the secondary market

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8521538/live-nation-resale-market-secretly-recorded-phone-calls-concert-tickets
    In February 2017, days before Metallica announced its WorldWired North American stadium tour, Live Nation president of U.S. concerts Bob Roux spoke by phone with a little-known wealth adviser turned event promoter who had been tasked by an associate of the band to sell 88,000 tickets directly on resale sites like StubHub, without giving fans a chance to buy them through normal channels at face value.
    But in a rare acknowledgment of an industry tactic little known to the public, Live Nation now tells Billboard that the company has facilitated the quiet transfer of concert tickets directly into the hands of resellers through the years, though only at the request of the artists involved -- who control where the tickets are initially sold.

The irony of it all
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/venues-unite-enforce-metallica-ticket-11256241
    Fans who purchased resale tickets to Metallica’s upcoming UK tour stops at the O2 Arena in London, SSE Hydrow in Glasgow, the Genting Arena in Birmingham and the Manchester Arena worry they will be denied entry given the arenas’ united force against ticket “touts”, or scalpers, at the request of the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So they were trying to steal from their family? That's cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Lars must need another gold plated shark tank bar....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How do you go about getting a gig MP3?

Was at the Estonia gig and would like it!

Thanks

callaway92 wrote: »
    How do you go about getting a gig MP3?

Was at the Estonia gig and would like it!

Thanks

livemetallica or something like that. Scan in your ticket and you get a link to the download of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

livemetallica or something like that. Scan in your ticket and you get a link to the download of the gig.

what if you werent at the show ??

s8n wrote: »
    what if you werent at the show ??

You can buy it then. $10 a show if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So they were trying to steal from their family? That's cold.

Ticketmaster of Puppets

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

The Nal wrote: »
    Ticketmaster of Puppets

It was naive to think this wasnt happening at some level,it's equally naive to think that is a "Metallica" thing and not a just a Live Nation thing!

• Advertisement

Dozyart wrote: »
    It was naive to think this wasnt happening at some level,it's equally naive to think that is a "Metallica" thing and not a just a Live Nation thing!

Yes ,its been widely known for a long time that it goes on .

What makes the Metallica case so bad though is that Metallica supposedly took a stance against touting on their tour in 2017 ,yet sold tickets on resale sites .
    At the last minute before these gigs Livenation ordered the venues not to follow through on the ID checks .I wonder why ?:rolleyes:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/metallicas-tour-promoters-force-venues-11422194

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes ,its been widely known for a long time that it goes on .

What makes the Metallica case so bad though is that Metallica supposedly took a stance against touting on their tour in 2017 ,yet sold tickets on resale sites .
    At the last minute before these gigs Livenation ordered the venues not to follow through on the ID checks .I wonder why ?:rolleyes:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/metallicas-tour-promoters-force-venues-11422194

Metallica didnt make money from any of this Live Nation did....it's a Live Nation problem...bands get their fee no matter what is charged at the gate...it will be interesting to see what the band does in future considering it only seems to be their name being dragged through the mud!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

We’ve partnered with our friends at nugs.net to bring you unlimited audio streaming of over 600 Live Metallica shows, exclusive audio recordings from the Metallica Vault, and now introducing full HD concert videos beginning with the July 6 show in Berlin, for 50% off* your first year at the low price of $65!

Guess that means an end to the rumors that Slane will be released.

Dozyart wrote: »
    Metallica didnt make money from any of this Live Nation did....it's a Live Nation problem...bands get their fee no matter what is charged at the gate...it will be interesting to see what the band does in future considering it only seems to be their name being dragged through the mud!

Did you even read the article ? Metallica were getting 40% of the profit .
    A source familiar with the deal says the parties agreed that Metallica would get 40% of the resale revenue, Live Nation 40%, DiCioccio 12% and Millette 8%, though another source said Live Nation's share was lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Zardoz wrote: »
    Did you even read the article ?

I think we can safely say no

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Metallica are business people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

No no Metallica are a family...

No no Metallica are a family...

How about a business that wants to extract as much money as possible from members of its family?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How about a business that wants to extract as much money as possible from members of its family?

The sort of family to give you a hug and rob a 50 from your wallet too, real family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Guess that means an end to the rumors that Slane will be released.

What rumours? First I'd heard if it , if you follow there YouTube or Facebook you would see they put up videos of every show and the audio is always released

Advertisement