Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Got 2 gold circle how long does ot take for them to email tickets?? Gnr last yr had tickets instantly after purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Pink11 wrote: »
    Once we got our bands, I took mine off gave it to my buddy. He went out with the spare one in his pocket. Met friend by toilet just outside G.C area, he put on the band and the 2 walked backed in. Repeated that 3 more times using different people so we didn't raise any alarm bells. Was very easy tbh.

Whoever needed bathroom during gig just had to remember to take a band with them.
    Solid work.

Someone whose blagged their way into the pit to hop around is more welcome to it than someone with their iPad out for the whole thing, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

CDs? I had to make do with what I could record on tape from the radio!

And cursing Dave Fanning and Tony Fenton when they come in talking shlite before the likes of Killing in the Name Off and Smells like Teen Spirit have finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Pink11 wrote: »
    Once we got our bands, I took mine off gave it to my buddy. He went out with the spare one in his pocket. Met friend by toilet just outside G.C area, he put on the band and the 2 walked backed in. Repeated that 3 more times using different people so we didn't raise any alarm bells. Was very easy tbh.

Whoever needed bathroom during gig just had to remember to take a band with them.

Can we be friends? :pac:
    (I have small wrists too):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Just got gold circle tix!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

WTF is this Zone A tomfoolery. Has any other Slane gig had a poxy zone at the back. I bought two by mistake thinking it was general standing :devil:  ****ing disgraceful carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thinking about it, I'd say it's moreso Slane organisers making the tickets so pricey, not Metallica.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ldnboy87

I bought 2 standing tickets and then realised they were right down the back so have bought 2 more for general standing. If anyone wants 2 standing tickets for zone a I will sell as soon as I get them.

I bought one ticket for Zone A by accident and when I realised my mistake bought the general standing ticket. After running through the terms and conditions it would appear you can claim for a refund within 72hrs of buying the ticket if you "can no longer attend".

If you go to the purchase policy link at the very bottom of the website page it gives you the details on how to do so in there. Think its around Clause 10 where it explains how. It gives you a link to a form you need to complete.

Just make sure you put in purchase reference for the Zone A tickets and not the new tickets.

Not sure if this will all work but I'm hopeful. I think you have to forfeit a €6 processing fee or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thinking about it, I'd say it's moreso Slane organisers making the tickets so pricey, not Metallica.

The band have a fee, its up to MCD too recoup the money for that fee. Metallica don't really care if it came out of a sheikh's pocket as long as they are paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Question lads. I bought a presale gold circle ticket.

Passed my code onto a mate to buy one, but he actually bought two. My purchase and his purchase were on separate cards. Will this be an issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 patrickb

Anyone with a spare Golden Circle pre-sale code who wants to throw it this way would be most appreciated :)

patrickb wrote: »
    Anyone with a spare Golden Circle pre-sale code who wants to throw it this way would be most appreciated :)

I signed up to the metallica fan club on their site this morning (Free) and got my presale code immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patrickb

Cool didnt realise ye could. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

D.Q wrote: »
    Question lads. I bought a presale gold circle ticket.

Passed my code onto a mate to buy one, but he actually bought two. My purchase and his purchase were on separate cards. Will this be an issue?

Cant think of any reason that would be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Honestly ye can wait til Friday. GC will be fine then especially at this price

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/metallica-worldwired-tour-2019-co-meath-08-06-2019/event/18005532DCB938DC

It's a really small area at the back - I don't understand that that's all about
    :confused::confused::confused:
    colmufc wrote: »
    Simply to be able to advertise the cheaper sales price
    Yep, as usual they are only advertising the lowest price in their main adverts.

And also adding in the line "including booking fee" I cannot ever remember seeing any gig advertised that did not included the booking fee. This tricks many irregular gig goers into thinking the price includes all fees.

I cannot remember any slane with 2 sections like this (obviously there were pits but no back section for a tenner less). So you can see people on social media tagging friends, "are you going to this, €90", while really a regular standing ticket is €99.50+€6.85=€106.35.

So groups of friends agree that they are all going and probably do not want to appear scabby or let the others down when they find out the real price.

has anyone managed to actually view/print tickets they bought this morning?

I can see the order details there but can't actually view/print the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Guys I have a serious request.
    Where do you think I could get a good quality print poster for this gig.
    A mate just bought me a ticket and I want to thank him by getting one of the posters framed for him

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A mate just bought me a ticket and I want to thank him by getting one of the posters framed for him

Slane will have them, maybe website after

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The following is the best resolution I could find. Bring it to an office supplies company who do large scale printing and then get it framed.

POSTER

That's the best option until you get to the gig where I'd say you can buy them at the merch stall.

• Advertisement

has anyone managed to actually view/print tickets they bought this morning?

I can see the order details there but can't actually view/print the tickets.

Was wondering myself same story here

Mushy wrote: »

Thanks but I need asap.
    Im also going to sort the bus and merch (tshirts, flags) for the gig.
    And Im grow the hair again as a gesture to him

deise76 wrote: »
    Was wondering myself same story here

Grand so. Maybe it's just an admin thing on their end

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »

Thanks but I need asap.
    Im also going to sort the bus and merch (tshirts, flags) for the gig.
    And Im grow the hair again as a gesture to him

Ah very good. Hopefully be a date specific poster for ya to get sorted, if not, the linked one is good

Grand so. Maybe it's just an admin thing on their end

Kinda strange money not taken from bank account even though I got receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That's the best option until you get to the gig where I'd say you can buy them at the merch stall.

There's also the minor inaccuracy of the gig being in Dublin :D

There's also the minor inaccuracy of the gig being in Dublin :D

Axl Rose shouted this in 1992 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Didn't Bowie do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I knw it won't happen but imagine a Jason Newstead appearance at Slane

What's he actually doing now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ECookie13

I'm Spotify premium member but I didn't receive any email about the presale. How do I get the access to it or what do I do? Thanks

Advertisement