Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I knw it won't happen but imagine a Jason Newstead appearance at Slane

What's he actually doing now

Isn't he an artist now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ECookie13 wrote: »
    I'm Spotify premium member but I didn't receive any email about the presale. How do I get the access to it or what do I do? Thanks

premium doesnt qualify you.

previously it was spotify sent codes to people who listened to the band in question a lot.. at least it was for paramore last year

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keith06

I booked zone A tickets this morning realised they were crap so rang Ticketmaster and they put me in general standing just had to pay the difference. Can't wait, it's slane, it's Metallica, I think there's too much negativity on here. I reckon cause a lot of people have too travel from Dublin where all the gig's are normally that unsettles a lot of people for the rest that live close to slane this is brilliant. Enjoy the show god knows if Metallica will ever come back here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

ECookie13 wrote: »
    I'm Spotify premium member but I didn't receive any email about the presale. How do I get the access to it or what do I do? Thanks

I think if you hit the follow button in Spotify it should work. Go to Metallica and follow. Worked for me.

Just register for 5th member and save the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Is there a map that shows Zone A on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will there be less dickheads in the golden circle ??

In that I mean Ole ole oles, whiskey in the jar/Slane bandwagoners type ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It's on ticketmaster now, was different on it

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Mushy wrote: »
    It's on ticketmaster now, was different on it
    Christ, state of it. It's probably in the laneway on the walk in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭klose

There's no way those 2 standing zones will be enforced on the day, it's their way of scaremongering people going to get the 95 quid tickets incase their friends get the zone A tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yip,and I'm not sure what bright spark came up with it.
    Its farcical.

18253s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Will the Mountcharles family and guests be down in zone A ??? I think not

Prob be on the news on the day saying everything is fine and running smoothly

why would they be in zone A? they own the place and our opening it for all of us to enjoy. stop being a d**k

klose wrote: »
    There's no way those 2 standing zones will be enforced on the day, it's their way of scaremongering people going to get the 95 quid tickets incase their friends get the zone A tickets.

It does seems like a terrible location for them. That's a main pathway along the back of the field where they usually have food and merch stalls, as well as access to the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Will there be less dickheads in the golden circle ??

In that I mean Ole ole oles, whiskey in the jar/Slane bandwagoners type ??

Therell just be the "Heiney" drinking , Polo shirt (Ralph Lauren) with the sweater over their shoulders, "sunnies" on their head bandwagoners instead .....

I know which 'bandwagoner' id prefer to be near.......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Harika

It does seems like a terrible location for them. That's a main pathway along the back of the field where they usually have food and merch stalls, as well as access to the toilets.

I was there for the GunsNRoses concert, sitting in the grass, food and toilets not far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

There's also the minor inaccuracy of the gig being in Dublin :D

True! Don't know if that'll be corrected by the time the gig comes around. Aren't these things with mistakes often worth more than the real thing? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

True! Don't know if that'll be corrected by the time the gig comes around. Aren't these things with mistakes often worth more than the real thing? :D

Might be fixed on the posters but wait till James shouts “are you alive Dublin” or “Dublin, are you with Metallica?”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Might be fixed on the posters but wait till James shouts “are you alive Dublin” or “Dublin, are you with Metallica?”

You think so? I dont; they know what Slane is very well, theyve talked about Thin Lizzy playing it in interviews, so probably have the cop on not to do that. I hope. Then again, murca.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

is the pre sale still on going have my code but cant seem to buy on tm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

is the pre sale still on going have my code but cant seem to buy on tm

yes i can still get in through here: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/metallica-worldwired-tour-co-meath-06-08-2019/event/18005532DCB938DC?artistid=735647&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200&did=elaserp

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Same as The Prodigy at Electric Picnic. They called it Dublin only for the whole crowd to start booing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

greenspurs wrote: »
    Therell just be the "Heiney" drinking , Polo shirt (Ralph Lauren) with the sweater over their shoulders, "sunnies" on their head bandwagoners instead .....

I know which 'bandwagoner' id prefer to be near.......

If you go closer to the front of the G.C you'll have a good, passionate crowd.

When I first got into the G.C last time we were at the back getting ourselves sorted with drinks etc and I got shouted at for singing along. I quickly moved. Always get sad cases coming along just to take a few snaps of themselves and a video of the one song they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

why would they be in zone A? they own the place and our opening it for all of us to enjoy. stop being a d**k

Yeah he is a great guy Mountcharles opening up his field in the middle of nowhere for everyone to enjoy .
    You'd think he was doing it for free.

Harika wrote: »
    I was there for the GunsNRoses concert, sitting in the grass, food and toilets not far away.

Is there restricted access to the General Standing area? Different colour wrist bands? Different entrance to venue?

Is there restricted access to the General Standing area? Different colour wrist bands? Different entrance to venue?

It wasn't split for GnR, it will be (seemingly) for Metallica

It's usually an entrance at the top of the hill for everyone and you just walk down/to gold circle.. this time they must have different entrances

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It wasn't split for GnR, it will be (seemingly) for Metallica

It's usually an entrance at the top of the hill for everyone and you just walk down/to gold circle.. this time they must have different entrances

Just what Slane needs - another layer of logistical nightmare to add to the "never again" sentiment. Bloody kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

RayCon wrote: »
    Just what Slane needs - another layer of logistical nightmare to add to the "never again" sentiment. Bloody kip.

You are not going ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

different entrances and exits should actually help with the logistics?..
    Rather than cattle herding though one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

greenspurs wrote: »
    You are not going ?

That would be correct. Only went once, 1986 for Queen - never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder Will sweet savage get on the bill

They should of put the cure on the Slane bill as that would really shift tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

That would be correct. Only went once, 1986 for Queen - never again.

That was my first and this will be my seventh. I do enjoyvthe occasion, and seeing Metallica perform there has me pumped. I seen them twice last year and they were well on form.

Advertisement