Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Do you feel obliged to give him the 180 euro?!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

D.Q wrote: »
    everyone is in the same boat re tickets.
    I've had tickets since Tuesday and still no access. I'm sure its just an admin thing.

fair enough, its a long way away so I wont worry about it so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

greenspurs wrote: »
    Yes + Yes + Yes...

They wont leave you bring drink FROM the farm down to the Castle tho !!!

They had a checkpoint there last year and were taking all drink off everyone !
    :rolleyes:

Wow, that's good to know thanks, so basically you'll have to get all your drink inside, that's a bummer, is it easy or impossible to get a drink at slane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Wow, that's good to know thanks, so basically you'll have to get all your drink inside, that's a bummer, is it easy or impossible to get a drink at slane

There's a load of bars, usually heineken ran,
    no harder than any other outdoor gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    typical

Google have alot to answer for .
    They place Viagogo at the top of every search so naive people go to Viagogo thinking its the official seller .

People should know better though ,especially in this country ,Ticketmaster is the first port of call ,do not buy off Viagogo .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Never heard of Ghost but loving them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ECookie13

In past experience with Slane gigs, do they sell out fast or not due to the size of the venue? Or does it vary completely on the gig?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Chilli peppers had an amazing support line up in 04 i think?

Queens of the stone age, foo fighters, PJ Harvey, Feeder. With Frusciante playing Guitar as well. Oh!

Edit: actually 2003
    My second ever gig with metallica like 2 days before as my first. Great times.
    ECookie13 wrote: »
    In past experience with Slane gigs, do they sell out fast or not due to the size of the venue? Or does it vary completely on the gig?

Varies by band, think Guns and Roses was like a one day sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Never heard of Ghost but loving them so far.

Rrrrrrrrratsss......woooh ooohhh!!! :D

Love Ghost but not all their songs. So far on the new album my favourites are Rats, Faith and Avalanche.

Never before have I had a song stick in my head as much as Year Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Varies by band, think Guns and Roses was like a one day sell out.
    No, GNR stopped being sold on the first day, common trickery. Then went back on sale again days later, you can see it in the old thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057641420&page=13

I remember considering going and you can see on toutless they were going as low as 40euro, most looking for €50-60.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26742&sid=8103b4048f15d40a8f3ea82819183886&start=495

Loads must have been stuck with them. They were giving them away at the gig that day
    I agree, but there were plenty of tickets available around the campsite for free on Friday night and saturday morning.

My friend had a spare gold circle that he literally couldn't give away!

I have tested the metallica one a few times today and could never get gold circle or zone A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I wonder will it sell better than GnR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

rubadub wrote: »

I have tested the metallica one a few times today and could never get gold circle or zone A

Ya zone A or GC seem to be gone..whether a is intentional or not
    and the main standing will always be long to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rrrrrrrrratsss......woooh ooohhh!!! :D

Love Ghost but not all their songs. So far on the new album my favourites are Rats, Faith and Avalanche.

Never before have I had a song stick in my head as much as Year Zero.

Yeah only came across them about a year or 2 ago on a YouTube recording of there 2013 rock in rio. Very odd but cool look who's music does not reflect the're look ha. The older pope looked so cool

Looking forward to seeing them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I wonder will it sell better than GnR

It won't.
    Having a quick look across their European dates ,sales seem to be struggling .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

ECookie13 wrote: »

Depends on the artist but generally there will be tonnes on re-sale sites below face value before the gig and will probably go back on general sale on TM also.

Guns n' Roses "sold out" in 24 hours but went back on sale closer to the show and ticket re-sale sites were flooded with below face value tickets. Keeping in mind they hadn't played here in 25 years (not counting the "Axl and friends" shows), along with the hype of a reunion 20+ years in the making, I wouldn't think this will sell out for some time if at all, probably be plenty of tickets available for resale as well. I managed to get a couple of tickets for Foo Fighters a few years back for €30 each a couple of days before the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

There were tickets going for GnR for 25 quid the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I got gnr tickets for 50 two weeks before it, was planning on doing the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Slane is pretty massive in fairness. I wonder how badly it would have to sell before it was noticeably empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ethan90

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Super Happy if that's confirmed, Ghost are incredible live!

Hopefully, had a listen last night but couldn't shake that they sounded like a heavier version of the kaiser chiefs.

Just got mine. €106 including fees so I'm hoping I got the main standing area and not (sh!t)zone A :D

Now that that's done, anyone know if there will be transport from Dublin to Slane and back on the day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just got mine. €106 including fees so I'm hoping I got the main standing area and not (sh!t)zone A :D

Now that that's done, anyone know if there will be transport from Dublin to Slane and back on the day?

Yeah you got the main standing area. And yes, Dublin Bus (and probably others) run buses to/from Slane in the day. Around €25 return I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Bollox to that - camping dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

The wife said that's what i paid as well.what's the break down on that?89.50 x 2 and 17 fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

The wife said that's what i paid as well.what's the break down on that?89.50 x 2 and 17 fees?

only zone a was 89.50 GA Was 99.50

fees are 6.25 id say she gOt GA

€99 + fees

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

So everyone seems to be thinking of using slanecamping.ie?

How big is the place? I am booked with 3 others, think we are going to just bring a camper. Contacted them to ask about their policy on changing a camping ticket to a camper ticket and was told "sure its all the same, your paying per person"

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We had a last minute change from driving to camping for GnR and I think it was them we camped with. We were told not to bother even booking as there would be plenty of room. That was a week before the concert.

It's basically massive fields where they direct you in, you park where they tell you and put up your tent behind your car. Campers were grouped together. Cost is per person. People arrived throughout the night. I think we arrived at midnight and the next morning there was a sea of tents behind us that came in afterwards.

It really is the way to go. For GnR it pissed down all morning so we just hung out in the tent drinking until the rain cleared, then went over for the last hour or so of the last support act before GnR came on. Had a few pints in the gig then afterwards a 10 min walk to the tent and cracked open a few more drinks. Woke up the next morning and packed up after coffee and hit the road then. No long walk to a bus or stuck in a bus in a traffic jam bursting for the loo.

We brought an inflatable mattress with a pump you can run off the cigarette lighter in the car. That and a double sleeping bag and we were very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah I did it for GnR and Foos. Head down early Saturday. Set up camp. Head into slane village for a pint. Back for few cans in campsite. 10 mins into the venue, 10 mins back. Few cans after. Up and go e in the morning, no traffic or fuss.

The ability to camp beside your car is a massive plus, no dragging tents, bags and slabs for miles. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Slane is pretty massive in fairness. I wonder how badly it would have to sell before it was noticeably empty.

Gnr 92 was around 50k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ethan90 wrote: »
    Hopefully, had a listen last night but couldn't shake that they sounded like a heavier version of the kaiser chiefs.
    Do the kaiser chiefs give praise to satan?....

Advertisement