Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    who the fcuk wants a fat baby!

Yeah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He already is being outpaced by them FFS

Ya Lars will struggle even more as he gets older. I've never seen a drummer work so hard live and output so little.

Probably get 2 more albums and hang it up around 65. They're insanely rich as is if they continue past that it won't be for money. Early days yet though you still have maiden, Judas priest, acdc still going like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

rob316 wrote: »
    Ya Lars will struggle even more as he gets older. I've never seen a drummer work so hard live and output so little.

Probably get 2 more albums and hang it up around 65. They're insanely rich as is if they continue past that it won't be for money. Early days yet though you still have maiden, Judas priest, acdc still going like.

This gig will attract a lot of people who've never listened to them before both young and old and I'd include myself in that. Both the indie and chart scene is awash with plug-in identikit synth cr@p and regardless of how well they play this will be a big old school rock show.

Really looking forward to it but what clown scheduled The Cure for the same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

This will my first visit to Slane. I regret not seen GnR last year but definitely was not gonna miss the chance to see Metallica.

I get giddy every time I hear an ad for this on the radio. It has also reminded me why i love Hetfield and co so much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Giving away tickets all day on q102, won a pair earlier.
    I'd say it's a near cert to win if you enter given the limited crossover between metallica and q102 listeners

Text Slane, your name and address to 57102 to enter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ceegee wrote: »
    Giving away tickets all day on q102, won a pair earlier.
    I'd say it's a near cert to win if you enter given the limited crossover between metallica and q102 listeners

Text Slane, your name and address to 57102 to enter

How much is entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

How much is entry?

20c I think.
    They've finished up today, think they said it's on again tomorrow. Stuck listening to it all day in work today so at least the tickets made up for 9 hours of dross music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Today fm and 98fm both giving tickets away today too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Heard Sean Moncrieff and Paul McLoone giving them away all last week as well, seems like half the people going will have won their tickets in competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If you enter those, do you have to listen and then follow up to win? I never listen to radio, but would unlikely be able to follow up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

This gig will attract a lot of people who've never listened to them before both young and old and I'd include myself in that. Both the indie and chart scene is awash with plug-in identikit synth cr@p and regardless of how well they play this will be a big old school rock show.

Really looking forward to it but what clown scheduled The Cure for the same day?

F**k the Cure lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

surprised this is not sold out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cena wrote: »

why? is there historical info on other irish gigs that would suggest it would sell out quickly? esp/ at these prices?

I am surprised the GC tickets went so fast, and that there must be poor sales of regular standing seeing as so many are on radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

cena wrote:

This mightnt sell out at all, some people are getting a little too excited over this gig, metallica aren't that big in this country compared to other acts that have done slane before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

This mightnt sell out at all, some people are getting a little too excited over this gig, metallica aren't that big in this country compared to other acts that have done slane before.

I think you are underestimating just how big Metallica actually are.

No I don't think so, I think some metal heads are getting a little too excited over this gig, I suspect it ll be relatively easy to pick up tickets on gig day, possibly even cheaper than cost.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well last time they were here they couldnt sell out 30k in Marlay Park with a stronger support (so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Well last time they were here they couldnt sell out 30k in Marlay Park with a stronger support (so far)

Was that the one with Tenacious D supporting??

Has Slane ever actually fully sold out in the past few years tho??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

It's not going to sell out, not a chance. It's probably the one venue in the country that puts people off going.

If it was in Croke Park, Lansdowne Road or the point I'd be going, but I have no interest in going through the hassle of going to Slane.

I've been to every Metallica concert here since 99 in the Point (I think), but I'm not going. I hope everyone that goes has a great time and the weather is fine, but it's not for me or any of my fellow concert goers.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    It's not going to sell out, not a chance. It's probably the one venue in the country that puts people off going.

If it was in Croke Park, Lansdowne Road or the point I'd be going, but I have no interest in going through the hassle of going to Slane.

I've been to every Metallica concert here since 99 in the Point (I think), but I'm not going. I hope everyone that goes has a great time and the weather is fine, but it's not for me or any of my fellow concert goers.

99 was indeed in the point, great gig to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Slanes a hassle for sure, might be in the minority but imo better venue than Croker and Aviva which would actually put me off going :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was that the one with Tenacious D supporting??

Has Slane ever actually fully sold out in the past few years tho??

That was 08? 09 had A7X , AIC , Mastodon , Thin Lizzy(i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

No I don't think so, I think some metal heads are getting a little too excited over this gig, I suspect it ll be relatively easy to pick up tickets on gig day, possibly even cheaper than cost.

It was easy (so easy) to get tickets last year too what's your point

Slanes a hassle for sure, might be in the minority but imo better venue than Croker and Aviva which would actually put me off going :)

Far superior to Croker, Croker is for making money with no thought to the consumer.

Who are your fellow concert goers?

This is an entirely different spectacle to marly Park.

I'm really looking forward to see what ghost will do in slane, id say they have more of a production than most supports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Who are your fellow concert goers?

Just the few people that I go to concerts with, that's all. It's not meant to be an indication of how the wider public feel or anything like that. From the group of us that go, none are going to Slane. Two of us went last year. We're all going to Glenn Hughes tonight though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Heading with a few friends, all of us got Zone A (don't think anyone is a "massive" Metallica fan and thought it was already expensive enough without paying more for general standing), I'd of payed the extra tenner by not too bothered either.

Hopefully they won't enforce they separate standing areas, have seen this happen in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

1huge1 wrote: »
    Heading with a few friends, all of us got Zone A (don't think anyone is a "massive" Metallica fan and thought it was already expensive enough without paying more for general standing), I'd of payed the extra tenner by not too bothered either.

Hopefully they won't enforce they separate standing areas, have seen this happen in the past.

They make you wear yellow overalls so we can spot you squeezing through the crowd.

Advertisement