Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Surely the Golden Circle has limit capacity and that's why it's sold out ??

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

PTH2009 wrote: »

No it was because MCD were waiting for Henry Mountcharles to buy his ticket for the gold circle, once he got it they decided to stop selling tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah but a chunk are allocated to their pricy packages also.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

That was 08? 09 had A7X , AIC , Mastodon , Thin Lizzy(i think)

You are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

colmufc wrote: »
    You are correct

Thin Lizzy didn't play in the end, someone in the and got injured a few weeks prior. It was the Sykes version of Lizzy back then.

The opening band that day were called Glyder

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Thin Lizzy didn't play in the end, someone in the and got injured a few weeks prior. It was the Sykes version of Lizzy back then.

The opening band that day were called Glyder

Glyder were ****ing brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Concert

I think this wiki is fairly comprehensive about previous gigs.

Was at the Rolling Stones in 2007 and Foo Fighters in 2015.

If I'm honest, I think its overrated as a venue, but they do get great acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Camping at the nearby campsite sounds like the way to do it. You can pitch up the night before the gig and stay the night of the gig too. Short walk to the venue before and after so you avoid all the traffic and bus nightmares. The campsite would probably be a bit of craic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

MadYaker;108226040Camping at the nearby campsite sounds like the way to do it. You can pitch up the night before the gig and stay the night of the gig too. Short walk to the venue before and after so you avoid all the traffic and bus nightmares. The campsite would probably be a bit of craic as well.

It's the only way to comfortably do Slane.  I've been to Slane in '95, '98, '03 and '15 and camped every time.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

1huge1 wrote: »
    Heading with a few friends, all of us got Zone A (don't think anyone is a "massive" Metallica fan and thought it was already expensive enough without paying more for general standing), I'd of payed the extra tenner by not too bothered either.

Hopefully they won't enforce they separate standing areas, have seen this happen in the past.

If you're there for the craic and the beer then zone A is the place to be I'd say, tough getting to the bar every where else

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

bennyl10 wrote: »
    email said tickets available to print.. but not there yet..
    great ticketmaster

having the same problem, any luck since?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know when exactly TM take the money from your account after buying the tickets? Got mine Thursday and thought bank account was looking a bit too good this morning but no TM charge so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone know when exactly TM take the money from your account after buying the tickets? Got mine Thursday and thought bank account was looking a bit too good this morning but no TM charge so far

Usually take it straight away,
    but there's been a few time when ti takes upto 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

All I'm getting on my Ticketdisaster account is "Print Receipt" and no option to print tickets :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

All I'm getting on my Ticketdisaster account is "Print Receipt" and no option to print tickets :confused:

i wouldnt overly worry about it, you have a guarantee there from tickermaster regarding your purchase, but theres no harm in opening dialogue with them to see whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Seen on another forum someone emailed and ticketmaster said tickets would be uploaded closer to the event

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I managed to swap my zone A to general standing this morning, I wasn’t aware of the different standing areas when buying them

I managed to swap my zone A to general standing this morning, I wasn’t aware of the different standing areas when buying them

i suspect a lot werent, it ll be interesting to say the least, how this will work out on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Don't think my account has been debited yet either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Don't think my account has been debited yet either?

Got presale tickets last Tuesday money wasn't debited from account until fri

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Hi Tinkerbell,

What process did you follow to do this. I have a few friends in the same situation.

Thanks,

Drake

drake70 wrote: »
    Hi Tinkerbell,

What process did you follow to do this. I have a few friends in the same situation.

Thanks,

Drake

i know a couple of people that just contacted ticketmaster directly, exchanged a few quid, and job done

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i know a couple of people that just contacted ticketmaster directly, exchanged a few quid, and job done

Thanks Wanderer

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Just phoned ticketmaster, pressed 5, asked to change and it was €10 extra per ticket plus a €6 admin fee so €26 for 2 tickets to change

this story is doing the rounds on the internets though, dont know if its true

https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/metallica-slane-castle-tickets-mcd-13329458

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

drake70 wrote: »
    Hi Tinkerbell,

Thanks,

Drake

Ticketmaster: 0818 903001

I waited about 20min before someone answered the call so be patient.

Have your order number ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

20 minutes at how much per minute? Those 0818 numbers aren’t cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Ticketmaster often don't debit my account for days which is such a pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Just phoned ticketmaster, pressed 5, asked to change and it was €10 extra per ticket plus a €6 admin fee so €26 for 2 tickets to change

I bough ticket in pre-sale and they exchanged without admin fee. Can't complain.

Advertisement