Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

20 minutes at how much per minute? Those 0818 numbers aren’t cheap!

Sorry mate not a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

might be worth contacting mcd first folks, just to see what the story is, but you may need to go down the ticketmaster route to actually deal with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

It's cheaper than you think. I was on to Ticketmaster a few months back and I had €5 credit and was still left with €3.00 credit after 10/15 minutes on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Yes they are, 0818 is not a premium number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Pelvis wrote: »
    Yes they are, 0818 is not a premium number.

It’s not free though and it’s outside your plan minutes with most operators. 25-35c a minute according to “Say no to 1890”.

• Advertisement

It’s not free though and it’s outside your plan minutes with most operators. 25-35c a minute according to “Say no to 1890”.
    Check your providers call rates.

Eir charge a little over 5c per min, the same as a LoCall 1890 number.

Check your providers call rates.

Eir charge a little over 5c per min, the same as a LoCall 1890 number.

Just checked and it’s 15c a minute on their mobile plan though. The point is though it’s a cheeky way for Ticketmaster (and Sky do it too) to make money off customers for doing nothing. Just provide a local number or freephone number for God’s sake. You’re already making enough money out of us..!!!

Just checked and it’s 15c a minute on their mobile plan though. The point is though it’s a cheeky way for Ticketmaster (and Sky do it too) to make money off customers for doing nothing. Just provide a local number or freephone number for God’s sake. You’re already making enough money out of us..!!!
    Ticketmaster don't make money from an 0818 number.

Ticketmaster don't make money from an 0818 number.

Who does then? (Honest question)

Who does then? (Honest question)
    The phone company of the person making the call, and the company hosting the 0818 number, but that's all done on a wholesale level.

It's unusual for 0818 numbers to be used, but I'm certain Ticketmaster don't make a cent from it, at the same time it doesn't cost them anything either.

1850/1890 numbers are shared cost numbers, so both the caller and the company being called are charged.

1800 numbers are free for the caller but the company being called is charge.

The only numbers where the company being called makes a profit are the likes of 15xx premium numbers and directory inquiries etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

deise76 wrote: »
    Got presale tickets last Tuesday money wasn't debited from account until fri

Money's been debited.

B******s. I've used my two download codes, but can't see where the MP3 has downloaded too on my phone!!??

Edit: I've found it but can't open it for some reason?

I'm using a Nokia TA 1020 piece of **** phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

B******s. I've used my two download codes, but can't see where the MP3 has downloaded too on my phone!!??

Edit: I've found it but can't open it for some reason?

I'm using a Nokia TA 1020 piece of **** phone.

It's a zip file, just get zip file app and install it. Unzip the file done. Plenty free in the relevant ap store.

It's a zip file, just get zip file app and install it. Unzip the file done. Plenty free in the relevant ap store.

Didn't work

......after I unzipped/, extracted the file I got directed to download Google Pay....?

Confused much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭klose

Watching some of their worldwired tour videos and it looks a great set up with the stage and all, will they have the same set up at slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

......after I unzipped/, extracted the file I got directed to download Google Pay....?

Confused much.

That's the default music player for Android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Pay or Play?

Best thing would be to extract it on a PC and then just copy the MP3 across.

Google PAY. As in it wanted card details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

That's an odd one alright. Does it play ok on a PC?

Phonograph is a good mp3 file player for Android if you haven't another installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jeez .... some people just love finding an angle to whinge and moan about something ........

Anywho ..... I'm booked in for camping + and tickets bought .... Sorted and no drama/crisis !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Knew it was too early to reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Just get Spotify grandpa

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

klose wrote: »
    Watching some of their worldwired tour videos and it looks a great set up with the stage and all, will they have the same set up at slane?
    Would have thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Degag wrote: »
    Would have thought so.

It'll be the outdoor stage with the M and A at either end, rather tha the in the round one :)

Some things with the lights etc will probably be different outdoors than they were indoors. Will they still use the drones for MIF for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I can't see them bringing the full production to Slane

Wanderer78 wrote: »

If you pay 100e and the full production isn't there, partial refunds should be given. No excuse for it not to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wanderer78 wrote: »

They've the proper stage in more detailed seat maps at european venues, so I;d imagine they'll bring it with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Mushy wrote: »
    If you pay 100e and the full production isn't there, partial refunds should be given. No excuse for it not to be there

9 times out of ten, a bands arena setup differs from the stadium/outdoor setup.

Also, how could Slane handle a gig "In the round"!?!? It never has before.

Don't be silly, you're getting the full summer tour production. You didn't pay for a gig to the o2 in London.

Advertisement