Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I know that, more wishful thinking on my part.

Imagine Jeff Walker coming out and saying something similar to what he said in Belgium ('Ah Belgium, the home of chocolates and pedophiles'...)

I'm glad I could give you a laugh though!

I love carcass and they do have the best sense of humour in metal... Last time they here I detected a dig a messhugah when they stopped dead mid song and said "see that folks.... Live music"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I love carcass and they do have the best sense of humour in metal... Last time they here I detected a dig a messhugah when they stopped dead mid song and said "see that folks.... Live music"

I've met Jeff on a few occasions and drank with him one night in London (after Camden gig), decent fella. Very quick with the sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Why was it a dig at Messhugah? I missed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Why was it a dig at Messhugah? I missed that!

If they stopped unexpectedly they might have restart protools. Metallica can restart as they have a person controlling their effects but mesuggah use software

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Just exchanged my tickets from Zone A to standing no bother. I then bought two more standing tickets for friends. Noticed there are plenty of Zone A tickets available when before they were sold out.
    Realistically how are they gonna separate that zone a from standing? I mean about toilets bars etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Galego wrote:
    Just exchanged my tickets from Zone A to standing no bother. I then bought two more standing tickets for friends. Noticed there are plenty of Zone A tickets available when before they were sold out. Realistically how are they gonna separate that zone a from standing? I mean about toilets bars etc...

This will be interesting to see how it works out, people will be pissed if it turns out to be a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Well further to my previous post, on buying tickets for Section A, I went back and bought tickets for general admission. A few weeks later I realised that I could have exchanged them. I sent a message to Ticketmaster explaining that I bought 2 tickets for Section A in error and had already bought 2 further tickets for general area, could they refund me for Section A. Got a response in less than 5 mins and the money back in my account a few days later.
    So if anyone needs a refund - Ticketmaster will give you one!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Well further to my previous post, on buying tickets for Section A, I went back and bought tickets for general admission. A few weeks later I realised that I could have exchanged them. I sent a message to Ticketmaster explaining that I bought 2 tickets for Section A in error and had already bought 2 further tickets for general area, could they refund me for Section A. Got a response in less than 5 mins and the money back in my account a few days later.
    So if anyone needs a refund - Ticketmaster will give you one!

I bought 2 tickets for bonjovi yesterday as an Xmas present and my husband also bought 2 for the very same person. Do you mind me asking how you exchanged them? I’ve tried phoning Ticketmaster, and I’ve submitted that form online but I never get a response

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

I bought 2 tickets for bonjovi yesterday as an Xmas present and my husband also bought 2 for the very same person. Do you mind me asking how you exchanged them? I’ve tried phoning Ticketmaster, and I’ve submitted that form online but I never get a response

The promoters for the Slane Castle went out to the news saying they will allow exchanges as there had been some confusion with the zone A tickets.

For the Bon Jovi tickets i dont think they will refund you the money. I'd love to be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

you might be able to cancel tickets within a certain time of buying, but I think they charge about 6 euro to do it. I think it might be a one off fee, not per ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

They state here that you get a 72 hour cooling off period.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360006825574-Fan-Guarantee

I was able to cancel tickets last month with no problem.

It can take some time for them to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hi all,
    I won't be able to make Slane this year but really want to see Metallica play in Europe (never seen them live before).

https://www.metallica.com/tour/

Would anyone recommend a venue / city to go see them. Not sure if indoor or outdoor would be a better experience.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

quazzy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I won't be able to make Slane this year but really want to see Metallica play in Europe (never seen them live before).

Would anyone recommend a venue / city to go see them. Not sure if indoor or outdoor would be a better experience.

Amsterdam, Brussels and Munich are great cities (yeah, I like Brussels) and would probably be the cheapest flights outside of the UK. (Amsterdam + Brussels anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hi all,

Berlin July 6th. Saturday night.

Thanks for the replies ozzy_jr and The_Nal.

I've been to Berlin, Munich and Amsterdam (not for gigs) before so perhaps I'll investigate Brussels first and see how it shapes up before looking at the others.

I'll be bringing the wife too so will likely look to spend an extra night for sightseeing etc...

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

The Nal wrote: »
    Berlin July 6th. Saturday night.

Another good choice. I haven't been to Berlin though!

ozzy jr wrote: »

Looks like Brussels and Berlin are sold out for standard tickets, only have Enhanced Experience tickets remaining.

I'll check out Amsterdam and see if it fits.

Any other recommendations please don't be shy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

quazzy wrote:

Indoor if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Looks like Brussels and Berlin are sold out for standard tickets, only have Enhanced Experience tickets remaining.

I'll check out Amsterdam and see if it fits.

Any other recommendations please don't be shy.

Barcelona is where I'm off to, Olympic stadium on the edge of the city,lovely city to visit and easy to get to and navigate around.

ozzy jr wrote: »

All the more reason. One of the best cities in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Prague is a cracking little city, might be a bit stag heavy in August though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd suggest Lisbon or Barcelona. Barcelona is Sunday of a long weekend so be great, Lisbon is just a cool city to visit

All of these places are nicer than Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd suggest Lisbon or Barcelona. Barcelona is Sunday of a long weekend so be great, Lisbon is just a cool city to visit

I saw them indoors in Lisbon in Feb, was an amazing city. lots to see and do, cheap food and beer.

The outdoor event is in a reasonably small stadium, from what I can tell your talking maybe a little larger than RDS. I had considering going there again!

Wanton wrote: »
    I saw them indoors in Lisbon in Feb, was an amazing city. lots to see and do, cheap food and beer.

The outdoor event is in a reasonably small stadium, from what I can tell your talking maybe a little larger than RDS. I had considering going there again!

Would you recommend staying close to stadium in Lisbon or more in the city centre? Any tips would be appreciated. Haven't been to Lisbon and there are tickets available so I'll add it to the list.

I feel an excel spreadsheet forming...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would you recommend staying close to stadium in Lisbon or more in the city centre? Any tips would be appreciated. Haven't been to Lisbon and there are tickets available so I'll add it to the list.

I feel an excel spreadsheet forming...

Before you go, set up Uber. Very very cheap to use, and you aren't too far out from the city. Bonus if you get accommodation out around Belem as that is close to stadium. Anywhere between there and a walking distance from main train station is ideal.

Take a few days to see the city too and it'll be very smooth. City isn't expensive, very relaxed too.

Flights from Cork possible too if that suits, so handy options

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

All of these places are nicer than Meath.

I love how much you hate Slane.

Slane isn't in Meath. It's currently occupying space in your head. I hope you have the correct infrastructure in place for June.

D.Q wrote: »
    I love how much you hate Slane.

Slane isn't in Meath. It's currently occupying space in your head. I hope you have the correct infrastructure in place for June.

I have long toilet queues, 45 minute bars queues and 3 hour queues to leave my head. Same as Slane.

Slane is a place for Paddys to go to gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I have long toilet queues, 45 minute bars queues and 3 hour queues to leave my head. Same as Slane.

My name isnt Paddy and I've been to a gig there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

God forbid Irish people go to a gig in Ireland :pac:

Advertisement