Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Will this be a 50-60k slane, that should improve the place except for zone a... They might as well be outside

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Nal wrote: »
    I have long toilet queues, 45 minute bars queues and 3 hour queues to leave my head. Same as Slane.

Slane is a place for Paddys to go to gigs.

Have you been to slane ?

If you have , then you are a 'paddy' ? :confused: I don't know if you are using that in an insulting , anti Irish manner, or what? :cool:

If you haven't, then you are talking out of your h0le ,
    and if you don't like slane that much, whats with the constant trolling ?
    Build a bridge kid, preferably like the one in Slane village, drive over it and go to gigs in heated,seated arenas where your can pontificate to anyone 'lucky' enough to be seated beside you.

Slane 19

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

quazzy wrote: »
    Would you recommend staying close to stadium in Lisbon or more in the city centre? Any tips would be appreciated. Haven't been to Lisbon and there are tickets available so I'll add it to the list.

I feel an excel spreadsheet forming...

The arena the played in was the other side of the city compared to the stadium they are playing this time, so we stayed near town and used metro and bus's. Lots of options on airbnb. Very easy city to get around.

The metro doesnt run out to Belem though iirc, but there is a "dart" type train. Also options with trams and buses. I would recommend staying closer to the city personally.

We only went to Belem to try out the custard tarts :D

Its a fabulous city though. Enjoyed every bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Will this be a 50-60k slane, that should improve the place except for zone a... They might as well be outside

It's all outside...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I knw it won't happen but MCD should really bring Smashing Pumpkins over to have a spot on the bill

Would be awesome

Edit- there an Rock am ring June 7th/9th so that's that I suppose

A load of other band's that would fit the Slane bill are at other festivals around Europe the same weekend too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'd say Blackstar Riders could be added

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

Anyone received tickets in the post yet? Got two for someone as an xmas present, would be nice to give them physical tickets and not an email print out..

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I knw it won't happen but MCD should really bring Smashing Pumpkins over to have a spot on the bill

Would be awesome

Edit- there an Rock am ring June 7th/9th so that's that I suppose

A load of other band's that would fit the Slane bill are at other festivals around Europe the same weekend too
    That would be unreal

Penfailed wrote: »
    It's all outside...

As in nobber

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Id love to see Faith No More on the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Id love to see Faith No More on the bill.

That would be Epic! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

FNM are on hiatus unless anyone has any Evidence to suggest somethings in the works :P

Wonder how sales are going ??

Will try add a big name support ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

probably so so, surely covering costs at this stage, even with a healthy profit, i.e. im sure sales are doing fine, they ll push it now and again, up until the gig itself

i suspect probably not, but i could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

There will be at least two if not 3 additional bands one of which at least is gonna be an irish one.

I'd imagine the stature of the other band(s) may be directly related to how sales are going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

does anyone have any idea what a realistic time for getting back into town after the gig would be? I'd be taking bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Goose76 wrote: »
    does anyone have any idea what a realistic time for getting back into town after the gig would be? I'd be taking bus.

Which town? You could make it to the town of Slane on foot... :p

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Goose76 wrote:

It ll be the early hours of the following morning for me, dreadful journey

Penfailed wrote: »
    Which town? You could make it to the town of Slane on foot... :p

Ha! Apologies - I mean Dublin City Centre

Goose76 wrote:
    Ha! Apologies - I mean Dublin City Centre

1/2am maybe, only guessing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    1/2am maybe, only guessing

I left guns and roses straight after it finished and got back to town just after 3. Prepare yourself.

Camping this time to bypass it hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mick121

Goose76 wrote:

Left gnr last year and was back in town for pints.A small bit of planning was involved.when they came back for the encore we moved right to the very back and as paradise finished we were on the move.had about a 5 min wait for bus and gone.That being said we left right at the end but walked fast and made good time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Goose76 wrote: »

Can be 3 or 4am. Usual Slane exit. A big crush, a long walk and then a couple of hours sitting on the bus before it even moves.

Thanks all!

Degag wrote: »
    There will be at least two if not 3 additional bands one of which at least is gonna be an irish one.

I'd imagine the stature of the other band(s) may be directly related to how sales are going!!

Duunno, I think it's selling well and extra bands might not be added

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah they'll still add bands to get it to 5 if it's selling well. Like first band will start around 2, so will need to boost the quantity on that side. Ticket sales would just determine who they'd get/spend money on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

MCD said on launch there'll be at least 2 more added, with one being irish :)

Ticket arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Ticket arrived today

Yup mine arrived too.. Not a fan of the paper ticket, they're actually using more paper??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Yup mine arrived too.. Not a fan of the paper ticket, they're actually using more paper??

They're ridiculous. More paper, less practical
    Instantly pi55ed off anyone who collects their tickets.

Advertisement