Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Tenacious D are playing Wembley on the 2nd...

Any chance they could get a support slot?? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Tenacious D are playing Wembley on the 2nd...

Any chance they could get a support slot?? :D:D

AGAIN !!

. probably !!! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

greenspurs wrote: »
    AGAIN !!

. probably !!! :D

Oh god no

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

Think they are playing Rock Im Park on the 8th!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

gold circles back on sale, should come as no surprise.

2 Full Price Ticket
    €166.08 x 2
    Gold Circle - Standing, U16s Must Be Accomp., By An Adult
    €332.16
    Fees
    €7.15 (Service Charge) x 2
    €14.30
    Subtotal
    €346.46

zone A cheaper standing too, not sure if they were pulled from sale too. (EDIT: I see a previous post says they were)

2 Full Price Ticket
    €93.19 x 2
    Zone A - Standing, U16s Must Be Accomp., By An Adult
    €186.38
    Fees
    €7.15 (Service Charge) x 2
    €14.30
    Subtotal
    €200.68

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

No surprise there then is right..id say they are using the policy they use in the states..massively overpriced tickets making up for a half empty field!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

The last time Metallica were here they played to 40,000 people with the following support bands:

Avenged Sevenfold
    Alice in Chains
    Thin Lizzy
    Mastodon
    Lamb of God

I'd be surprised if 30,000 tickets are even sold for this. As the previous poster mentioned the price of the ticket is to make up for the lack of attendees come June. Alternatively it could also be in case MCD really need to fork out for a huge support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PCros wrote: »
    The last time Metallica were here they played to 40,000 people with the following support bands:

Avenged Sevenfold
    Alice in Chains
    Thin Lizzy
    Mastodon
    Lamb of God

I'd be surprised if 30,000 tickets are even sold for this. As the previous poster mentioned the price of the ticket is to make up for the lack of attendees come June. Alternatively it could also be in case MCD really need to fork out for a huge support act.

It makes the earlier report re RDS being suggested seem realistic..

Could be a really chilled Slane though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

The promoters after seeing the turnout of the last couple of Metallica gigs here, with the better location and a varied and pretty popular undercard knew what to expect here. Either the tickets are high enough that they can make enough with 30-40k ish or there holding back on a big support announcement. I wouldn’t imagine they’d have walked themselves into a massive loss just to satisfy Metallica’s venue box ticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gnr in 92 was 50k ish.. And to fair.. It's a better slane experience than 85k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

I mean literally nobody has a notion how ticket sales are going and untill we see the next support acts we won't have somewhat of an idea of how they're going (assuming a big name support band is added due to poor sales)

If its a lowish number then so be it, pretty much negates everyone's main complaints of long ques for food/beer/toilets. Hoping for some decent weather now that it's a bit later in the year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

klose wrote: »
    I mean literally nobody has a notion how ticket sales are going and untill we see the next support acts we won't have somewhat of an idea of how they're going (assuming a big name support band is added due to poor sales)

If its a lowish number then so be it, pretty much negates everyone's main complaints of long ques for food/beer/toilets. Hoping for some decent weather now that it's a bit later in the year too.

Not really, they will know in advance the numbers expected so will just reduce the bar staff, reckon 4 manning the pumps at each bar should suffice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

klose wrote: »

That was the case with Foo Fighters back in 2015, was way more chilled out compared to Guns n Roses in 2017 due to the lower sales. No problem with bars, food or toilets all day. GnR was definitely more crowded and much bigger queues for everything. Both brilliant gigs but Foos was deffo a more enjoyable day in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PCros wrote: »

Avenged Sevenfold
    Alice in Chains
    Thin Lizzy
    Mastodon
    Lamb of God

You sure it was that line up last time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

grimm2005 wrote: »
    That was the case with Foo Fighters back in 2015, was way more chilled out compared to Guns n Roses in 2017 due to the lower sales. No problem with bars, food or toilets all day. GnR was definitely more crowded and much bigger queues for everything. Both brilliant gigs but Foos was deffo a more enjoyable day in the grand scheme of things.

The mud from that day still haunts me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Yup, and it only cost €76.50 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It wasn't - LoG, Thin Lizzy, The Sword also were all meant to be on there but disappeared off the bill, The rest were there as well as Glyder who were added late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

threein99 wrote: »
    The mud from that day still haunts me :D

We were in the pit (which was pretty quiet) by the time foos came on so didn't experience much of that thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Wasn't going to bother with this gig as I've tickets for two other gigs this summer but gave in yesterday and bought a ticket for gold circle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i can't wait, should i have my tickets by now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Got my flimsy ones the other day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

tickets will probably be released in phases, i wouldnt overly worry about it, you ll eventually get them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

If anyone on here is travelling from Clare, there is a group of us organizing a bus there and back again. 10/16 of minimum people required so far. Drop me a PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

grimm2005 wrote: »

I had exactly the opposite experience. Couldn’t get near a toilet / bar or food at foos all day. Queued for30 mins to try get food but had to leave to go queue for the toilets so was soaked starving and missed about 2 hours of the gigs queuing for the ladies. Swore blind I’d never go again. Went to gnr and because of the early bad rain was walking right up to the toilets and bar up until gnr came on and then it got busy. 5 hours to get to Dublin swore I’d never go again. Yet here I am, glutton for punishment (trying camping this time)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

kg703 wrote: »
    I had exactly the opposite experience. Couldn’t get near a toilet / bar or food at foos all day. Queued for30 mins to try get food but had to leave to go queue for the toilets so was soaked starving and missed about 2 hours of the gigs queuing for the ladies. Swore blind I’d never go again. Went to gnr and because of the early bad rain was walking right up to the toilets and bar up until gnr came on and then it got busy. 5 hours to get to Dublin swore I’d never go again. Yet here I am, glutton for punishment (trying camping this time)

you re probably better off camping, probably the best way ive experienced slane

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    you re probably better off camping, probably the best way ive experienced slane

+1 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sssh. Stop moaning. Its fine. MCD provide ample facilities for the €110 euro they're charging you. Just as they do for all Slane gigs, as they did for Swedish House Mafia, Barbra Streisand, Oxegen, AC/DC and so on.

Just buy the ticket and shut up. Leave and go back to the campsite for food when you're hungry and piss in your pants if you have to.

The Nal wrote: »
    Sssh. Stop moaning. Its fine. MCD provide ample facilities for the €110 euro they're charging you. Just as they do for all Slane gigs, as they did for Swedish House Mafia, Barbra Streisand, Oxegen, AC/DC and so on.

Just buy the ticket and shut up. Leave and go back to the campsite for food when you're hungry and piss in your pants if you have to.

untitled.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

The Nal wrote: »

Huh please I have class. It’s all about adult diapers stuffed with sandwiches this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Huh please I have class. It’s all about adult diapers stuffed with sandwiches this year

You could use this

She-Pee-SOS-Plus-Pink-Au-.jpg

Advertisement