Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 new Author

erm is the big name support not Ghost wasn't gonna go till i heard they were gonna be there as well can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

new Author wrote: »
    erm is the big name support not Ghost wasn't gonna go till i heard they were gonna be there as well can't wait

Yep. Expecting more to be announced.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

new Author wrote: »

Yeah and there's some scandanavian metal band on the day too, I would assume there'll be atleast two more bands announced, how "big" those bands are will probably give us an idea to how ticket sales are going.

Just saw slipknot are touring with them in Australia and New Zealand and are releasing a new record themselves, big pull that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

klose wrote: »
    Yeah and there's some scandanavian metal band on the day too, I would assume there'll be atleast two more bands announced, how "big" those bands are will probably give us an idea to how ticket sales are going.

Just saw slipknot are touring with them in Australia and New Zealand and are releasing a new record themselves, big pull that.

I would be the happiest person in the world but it’s unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

kg703 wrote: »
    I would be the happiest person in the world but it’s unlikely

Not just unlikely its impossible playing in Finland that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not just unlikely its impossible playing in Finland that night.

Finland the night before?
    They’re at rock am ring that night, which is a problem in general with getting acts
    ROck am has so many taken already

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone else get the email saying you can redeem a free download of the Slane show a few weeks after through LiveMetallica ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anyone else get the email saying you can redeem a free download of the Slane show a few weeks after through LiveMetallica ??

Got that email on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Therapy? pretty much confirmed that they won't be added to the bill on their Instagram today. Their agent contacted MCD who replied to say that they were not under consideration for a support slot... :(

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Penfailed wrote: »
    Therapy? pretty much confirmed that they won't be added to the bill on their Instagram today. Their agent contacted MCD who replied to say that they were not under consideration for a support slot... :(

That's disappointing. They would have been perfect for the obligatory Irish band on the bill. Instead we'll get some band that no one has heard of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

My guess would be primordial, they played Belfast at the weekend but have no date scheduled in the republic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

My guess would be primordial, they played Belfast at the weekend but have no date scheduled in the republic.

I'm not entirely sure that the average Metallica in Slane punter would be up for the Alan Averill vocal extravaganza that is Primordial in full flight.....

The average Metallica fan couldn’t name an Irish rock or metal act beyond u2 so I don’t think that’ll matter too much. it’s more a question or how much they’ll cost the promoters

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The average Metallica fan couldn’t name an Irish rock or metal act beyond u2 so I don’t think that’ll matter too much. it’s more a question or how much they’ll cost the promoters

dont even know who metallica are, but im still going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Can you show your full and thorough research ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

Metalitia :P

threein99 wrote: »
    Can you show your full and thorough research ?

The attendance for many irish bands of those genres it’s not a knock on Metallica fans per se, moreso that no irish rock or metal band outside u2 are a particularly big draw even in Ireland.

I see Thin Lizzy are doing a few shows in Europe and they are an 'Irish band' (well not so much nowadays)

Could they be added too the slane bill ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The attendance for many irish bands of those genres it’s not a knock on Metallica fans per se, moreso that no irish rock or metal band outside u2 are a particularly big draw even in Ireland.

So that's a no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Only going to see Metallica, bringing the weeman so he'll have seen the Big Four.
    Ghost are god awful
    Fingers crossed for decent support to be added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Only going to see Metallica, bringing the weeman so he'll have seen the Big Four.
    Ghost are god awful
    Fingers crossed for decent support to be added

Ghost are awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Is it me or MCD that's out of touch seeing as therapy are my most obvious choice for Slane and mcd aren't even considering them?

It is getting more and more difficult to see anyone of note getting added it seems, I fear the may just throw in a local band and call it a day at this point. Guns and roses only had 3 act initially then and a band from around the corner added as a token irish act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It is getting more and more difficult to see anyone of note getting added it seems, I fear the may just throw in a local band and call it a day at this point. Guns and roses only had 3 act initially then and a band from around the corner added as a token irish act.

They’re really hamstrung for Slane by the fact that Rock Am Ring is the same weekend, and had probably got a lot/all of the bigger acts MCD would have any relationship with!

Also Ghost are quite a big support act and aren’t coming cheap..
    One of the biggest alternative bands touring st the moment(people might not love them, but they’re huge!)

Ruling out ‘therapy?’ is a really weird decision..

We’ll probably have Primordial added in all honestly..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They’re really hamstrung for Slane by the fact that Rock Am Ring is the same weekend, and had probably got a lot/all of the bigger acts MCD would have any relationship with!

Also Ghost are quite a big support act and aren’t coming cheap..
    One of the biggest alternative bands touring st the moment(people might not love them, but they’re huge!)

Ruling out ‘therapy?’ is a really weird decision..

We’ll probably have Primordial added in all honestly..

Ghost and the other band came as part of Metallica's tour support and were not MCDs decision

God knows what we will get before them. For the price we deserve better tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

obvious choice for Slane
    I always think of this madness when I hear of people expecting suited/similar acts.

Paul Oakenfold
    Iggy Pop and the Stooges
    Madonna (headliner)

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/metallica-worldwired-tour-co-meath-08-06-2019/event/18005532DCB938DC
    start time shows as 2pm, was this always the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I haven't received my tickets yet, I ordered the day they went on sale.

killanena wrote:
    I haven't received my tickets yet, I ordered the day they went on sale.

They may not have released all tickets yet

Ah every time I see a new post I'm always hoping it's a confirmation of new bands on the lineup

Really have too start getting a move on

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote:
    Ah every time I see a new post I'm always hoping it's a confirmation of new bands on the lineup

It may not happen, so....

Advertisement