Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ah every time I see a new post I'm always hoping it's a confirmation of new bands on the lineup

Really have too start getting a move on

At this rate we'll end up with Amanda Brunker, bring your tomatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Muahahaha wrote: »

Brook shield or whatever his name is

Are sweet savage around?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Picture This and The Coronas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Careful what ye wish for folks, I remember the blizzards supporting AC/DC before The Answer in Punchestown one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Muahahaha wrote: »

Christ almighty. She'd be extremely lucky to get away with tomatoes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

endainoz wrote: »
    Careful what ye wish for folks, I remember the blizzards supporting AC/DC before The Answer in Punchestown one time.

Well...they have returned, could easily get added. Has further support been announced for elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

endainoz wrote: »

The Answer supported AC/DC on their world tour too. Saw them in Paris and they were brilliant. Can see why you might expect a bigger band for Slane though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Fontaines DC + Therapy would be nice !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

greenspurs wrote: »
    Fontaines DC + Therapy would be nice !!

Therapy apprently asked and were told they’re not being considered

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bennyl10 wrote:
    Therapy apprently asked and were told they’re not being considered

That's fcuking disgraceful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    That's fcuking disgraceful

Don't want the headliners getting upstaged, now. Do we?
    Pity they didn't do a Dublin gig in their latest tour. I've never seen them live.
    Would love a blast from the past with tunes from Troublegum and Infernal Love.

Don't want the headliners getting upstaged, now. Do we? Pity they didn't do a Dublin gig in their latest tour. I've never seen them live. Would love a blast from the past with tunes from Troublegum and Infernal Love.

To be fair, you d be hard pushed to upstage a band like Metallica at their own gig

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Pity they didn't do a Dublin gig in their latest tour. I've never seen them live.
    Would love a blast from the past with tunes from Troublegum and Infernal Love.

Imagine having to travel to see a gig...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Maybe we will get an announcement on Monday 8th April and they give one final push for the last 2 months before the gig

Getting the travelmaster bus up from Waterford city which cost €35 but had a 50% off voucher and got it for €17. Leaving at 8.50am

PTH2009 wrote:
    Getting the travelmaster bus up from Waterford city which cost €35 but had a 50% off voucher and got it for €17. Leaving at 8.50am

Who's running that? We re just in middle of organising a private bus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Penfailed wrote: »
    Imagine having to travel to see a gig...

Living in Dublin; don't normally have to think of such inconveniences. Biggest concern is will my bike be nicked when I come out of the gig.

Who's running that? We re just in middle of organising a private bus

These guys
    https://travelmaster.ie/product/bus-to-metallica-at-slane-castle/

They run buses from quite a few destinations. Went too a few things using them and found them quite good. They leave approx 40 mins after it ends and contact you if you dont return near that time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

These guys
    https://travelmaster.ie/product/bus-to-metallica-at-slane-castle/

They run buses from quite a few destinations. Went too a few things using them and found them quite good. They leave approx 40 mins after it ends and contact you if you dont return near that time

Thank you for this! Just sorted out a conundrum for me! Leaving Kilkenny at 9.35!

Sirsok wrote: »
    Thank you for this! Just sorted out a conundrum for me! Leaving Kilkenny at 9.35!

We may be on the same bus I'll be the guy with the Metallica shirt on lol

Normally the route is Waterford- Kilkenny City- Carlow- venue

We may be on the same bus I'll be the guy with the Metallica shirt on lol

Normally the route is Waterford- Kilkenny City- Carlow- venue

at a metallica gig! are you mad?

• Advertisement

at a metallica gig! are you mad?

Yeah I'll stand out anyway

PTH2009 wrote:

Don't tell me it's a black one?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Unless its a St Anger one

Unless its a St Anger one

Wore a St Anger hoodie when I was at the gig in Glasgow in 2017. Didn't get many looks until I spoke in some places and they heard the Irish accent ha

Hopefully weather will be good come June and no hoodies required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Mad how quiet it’s gone about this since the initial announcement and advertisement push.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mad how quiet it’s gone about this since the initial announcement and advertisement push.

I heard its selling well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

PTH2009 wrote:
    Wore a St Anger hoodie when I was at the gig in Glasgow in 2017. Didn't get many looks until I spoke in some places and they heard the Irish accent ha

Had a St anger t-shirt from the RDS show in 03, loved it. Unlikely it'll fit 33 year old me at this stage though. That was the one with the odd 'co headline' slot with Linkin Park, even though my young naiive self was a fan at the time, who actually thought it was a good idea to put them together in the first place?

It was my first out door gig ever though, loved every second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Anyone know when the Dublin Bus tickets go on sale for Slane? Went with them for Guns N Roses 2 years ago and found it easy enough to get in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I thought Linkin Park were excellent, I too had a st anger t shirt for that gig but as soon as Metallica first song came on I whipped it off and threw it into the crowd, I'd only just bought it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I just remember the set list for the 2003 gig being brilliantly old school. A nice spread of tracks from justice, puppets, lightening and kill em all!

Advertisement