Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I just remember the set list for the 2003 gig being brilliantly old school. A nice spread of tracks from justice, puppets, lightening and kill em all!

you're right there. Just had a quick google there. For some reason, I thought that they had played a way more of St Anger that time. Played only 2 songs from it from what I can see. I thought that was a great gig. Was really in to Linkin Park back then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

you're right there. Just had a quick google there. For some reason, I thought that they had played a way more of St Anger that time. Played only 2 songs from it from what I can see. I thought that was a great gig. Was really in to Linkin Park back then too.

And before them you had The Darkness before they got huge for that brief time, they definitely had star power even if they were quite as well known yet. Got to see them supporting Queen last summer, still put on a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It's looking increasingly likely that whatever bands to be added (if any) are not going to be big acts i would think. You would think that would have happened by now to boost ticket sales if they needed boosting.

Then again i don't think no one really knows what's going on. Some have said it's selling poorly, others have said it's selling quite well so who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I know I keep feeling someone good will be added but as time goes on I know I’m just setting myself up for a disappointment.... it’ll be a great gig anyway. Hopefully it won’t piss rain like every single other time I’ve been at slane!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

kg703 wrote: »
    I know I keep feeling someone good will be added but as time goes on I know I’m just setting myself up for a disappointment.... it’ll be a great gig anyway. Hopefully it won’t piss rain like every single other time I’ve been at slane!

It's only 2months away I assume they've sold enough tickets to not bother making a day of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It's only 2months away I assume they've sold enough tickets to not bother making a day of it

Or not sold enough to justify adding more bands

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

Considering it's the most expensive tickets have been and that it's generally a day long event it'll be pretty outrageous to just have 3 acts on the day one of whom are pretty unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Would an appearance from Slipknot be out of the question? They will be in Europe around the same time also doing two shows with Metallica later on in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Would an appearance from Slipknot be out of the question? They will be in Europe around the same time also doing two shows with Metallica later on in the year

Think there playing elsewhere the same day as slane sadly

Volbeat and Trivium are free and in Europe at the time though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

While i'd love another big metal band or two, the likelyhood may be that MCD would add bands of a different genre to try and get a crossover crowd going.

Who knows though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

endainoz wrote: »
    And before them you had The Darkness before they got huge for that brief time, they definitely had star power even if they were quite as well known yet. Got to see them supporting Queen last summer, still put on a great show.

Not that surprising considering roger taylors son is their drummer now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Volbeat for the international act and Mourning Beloveth for the local one that’d be a grand warm up to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jimmy_presley

I'm hoping for Alice in Chains and Therapy? as two of the support acts!

Therapy? are touring but no Dublin date announced / played........likewise AIC are in Europe around the same time, and have sold out the Olympia for May.

Stick those two on the Bill and i'll be well chuffed!

Having said that, i've already got my ticket! Never heard of the other two bands and not particularly looking forward to them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'll just be up the back getting pissed while all the other bands are on, I only want to see Metallica, couldn't gave a damb about the rest tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Therapy? are touring but no Dublin date announced / played........likewise AIC are in Europe around the same time, and have sold out the Olympia for May.

Having said that, i've already got my ticket! Never heard of the other two bands and not particularly looking forward to them.....

Therapy? already confirmed they aint playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Therapy? Have already stated that they asked to be on the bill but MCD told them to feck off.

You should check out Ghost before the gig. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Whoever in mcd said therapy were not in consideration should be fired for incompetency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

And Ghost are the number 1 support so whoever is added is going to have to be at a lower stature than them so that rules out AIC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

And Ghost are the number 1 support so whoever is added is going to have to be at a lower stature than them so that rules out AIC too.

AIC were already ruled out,logistically would be nonsensical to come over on their day off between dates at Rock Am Ring/Im Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

AIC were already ruled out,logistically would be nonsensical to come over on their day off between dates at Rock Am Ring/Im Park.

and about 3 weeks after they played Dublin

• Advertisement

ROCK AM/ROCK IM has ruined a lot of MCD's plans for support acts you'd imagine.
    most bands that could potentially do a job are there.

That being said, Ghost are quality and will put on one hell of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I'll just be up the back getting pissed while all the other bands are on, I only want to see Metallica, couldn't gave a damb about the rest tbh

Sadly a lot of Metallica fans have this attitude when it's come to support acts over the years. Ghost add value for me but the more value for a ticket the better something worth having me in early doors make a day of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

Had not heard of ghost since before the gig announcement but I've listened to em a bit and I must say I've enjoyed them a lot.

Slane lately has always kicked off around 2 and has 4 to 5 bands on the day, I'd still be amazed if more are not announced

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I imagine golden circle would have a different entrance gate

Would we get a wrist band so we can in and out or will we totally separated from the GA ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I imagine golden circle would have a different entrance gate

Would we get a wrist band so we can in and out or will we totally separated from the GA ?

ya was there a different entrance for GnR?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

bennyl10 wrote: »
    ya was there a different entrance for GnR?

Nope. You just walked to the front and traded your golden circle ticket for a wristband. A friend of ours didnt have a golden circle ticket and they didnt take one of the lads tickets, so he was able to use that ticket and get a band. It was a bit of a disaster, as I don't think we where the only folk that happened to :pac:

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Nope. You just walked to the front and traded your golden circle ticket for a wristband. A friend of ours didnt have a golden circle ticket and they didnt take one of the lads tickets, so he was able to use that ticket and get a band. It was a bit of a disaster, as I don't think we where the only folk that happened to :pac:

you can keep tickets on your phone for this one..

so there'd be nothing stopping me giving one of the lads my ticket once we're in.. technically,
    and getting it exchanged? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

bennyl10 wrote: »
    you can keep tickets on your phone for this one..

so there'd be nothing stopping me giving one of the lads my ticket once we're in.. technically,
    and getting it exchanged? :P

To be honest, it was such a mess last time, they would be stupid not to have changed it. But sure, who knows

That's incorrect, u2 could play before ghost.... Ghost support Metallica but any size of a band can essentially headline the day line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

That's incorrect, u2 could play before ghost.... Ghost support Metallica but any size of a band can essentially headline the day line up

Who's u2?

Advertisement