Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

bennyl10 wrote: »
    ROCK AM/ROCK IM has ruined a lot of MCD's plans for support acts you'd imagine.
    most bands that could potentially do a job are there.

That being said, Ghost are quality and will put on one hell of a show.

Unless you can get Rock AM / Rock IM closed down.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Having said that, i've already got my ticket! Never heard of the other two bands and not particularly looking forward to them.....
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    I'll just be up the back getting pissed while all the other bands are on, I only want to see Metallica, couldn't gave a damb about the rest tbh

You should give them a listen lads. Ye might be presently surprised. Hadn't listened to Ghost before they were announced as support but they have some really good songs like Cirice and Rats - i'm still discovering new songs....

Like most hadn't heard of Bokassa but again some of their songs are pretty good. Lead singer reminds me a bit of early Hetfield in how he delivers his vocals. Seem to have a great stage presence if that makes sense. Crocsodile Dundee a standout track from them for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Where exactly is the bar/food area located and I suppose its a nightmare to get served, is it 2 drinks each or can you order as much as you can carry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Where exactly is the bar/food area located and I suppose its a nightmare to get served, is it 2 drinks each or can you order as much as you can carry

There will be a few different areas. I remember reading it's 4 drinks per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

Set list for Lisbon is pretty insane so far (following it on reddit :pac: ) a couple of songs not heard in a long while, hopefully similar to when they play here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

klose wrote:
    Set list for Lisbon is pretty insane so far (following it on reddit ) a couple of songs not heard in a long while, hopefully similar to when they play here.

Some interesting choices, about bloody time, their set list has become very stale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Some interesting choices, about bloody time, their set list has become very stale

The positioning of the last two songs is still very stale! Mix up which songs are played in the encore for God's sake.

The positioning of the last two songs is still very stale! Mix up which songs are played in the encore for God's sake.

I still think all in all last night (if that is to be their blue print for their set lists this leg of their tour) is an upgrade from their American setlists. Don't think sandman and nothing else matters will ever change from their final two spots at the end of show, just too popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

No Battery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I decided to skip Slane and went to Lisbon instead, the gig was unreal!

Ghost did an amazing set!

The stage failed for Metallica half way through and they did a song with no screens, they didn’t seem too happy.

All and all tho it was a great gig! And the pyro show was unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

klose wrote: »
    I still think all in all last night (if that is to be their blue print for their set lists this leg of their tour) is an upgrade from their American setlists. Don't think sandman and nothing else matters will ever change from their final two spots at the end of show, just too popular.

I’m not saying drop them from the set. Just mix them up a bit, play ES as the 4th song or the 8th etc. And do they need to be back to back every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The stage failed for Metallica half way through and they did a song with no screens, they didn’t seem too happy.

How did Ghost come across with the bigger set up/stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Battery and Blackened are so much better than Hardwired but I guess they can't open with the same songs forever.

Would never have been expecting Disposable Hereos there.

Frantic :eek:

Gonna have to listen to Hardwired a lot, don't really know the last two albums at all.

Really hope they give us some deeper cuts, would be sickened if they finsihed on Sandman of all songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Was there no pyro on stage? Just looking at a video of one there and it looked like it was just lasers

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

same gag as in the cunning stunts DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

The screens were a technical glitch, James admitted it after they had some issues with sound too...

There was pyro at the start and then they moved to lasers half way through the show

The set times for there were
    Doors 5
    Bokassa 7 (half hour set)
    Ghost 8 (about 45misn-hour set)
    Metallica 10 till quarter-past 12ish

would be sickened if they finsihed on Sandman of all songs.

You’re going to be disappointed then.

The screens were a technical glitch, James admitted it after they had some issues with sound too...

There was pyro at the start and then they moved to lasers half way through the show

Doors 5

Is the curfew 11 for slane? I can't remember. Metallicas outdoor rig is pretty serious I wonder is it the fact they're bringing their own set up causing issues with having any bands playing besides bokassa and ghost? Probably everything set up specifically for those bands or are set ups as simple as plug in and play for anybody on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Doors 5

slane doors are usually 2-3pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

klose wrote: »
    Is the curfew 11 for slane? I can't remember. Metallicas outdoor rig is pretty serious I wonder is it the fact they're bringing their own set up causing issues with having any bands playing besides bokassa and ghost? Probably everything set up specifically for those bands or are set ups as simple as plug in and play for anybody on the day?

hopefully not as i and many others would feel a bit robbed as we payed good money for these slane tickets and were promised more acts on the bill :mad::mad:

10:30 I think for Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Metallica will be great...but aren't Ghost just HIM 2.0? Would have preferred someone like Alice in Chains to support.

Metallica will be great...but aren't Ghost just HIM 2.0? Would have preferred someone like Alice in Chains to support.

Not in the slightest.

greenspurs wrote: »

Although I like the song Now That We're Dead, I thought the drum solo bit was awful so glad to see it wasn't in the set. Hopefully it'll out for the whole tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gnr played 8pm to 10.45ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

We expecting no extra support then? A bit shi* considering they openly said there would be two more acts. Really annoying. I live in hope they’ll announce it with the one month to go mark. Doesn’t even have to be anyone big. Slane might be too big for them at this early stage but I’d love to see Bicurious trashing it out on stage they are brilliant.

Anyway. Interesting set list. Can’t cope with Frantic at all, I put it on yesterday to give a listen again and while it brought back memories of being a teenager, listening to that song on a pair of good headphones is painful. But come June 8th I’ll be belting it out I’m sure

KEEP SEARCHINNN :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wouldnt be surprised when they announce the running order for the gig the other bands will just be included. Would they through in Thin Lizzy/BSR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I wouldnt be surprised when they announce the running order for the gig the other bands will just be included. Would they through in Thin Lizzy/BSR ?

Extremely doubtful, if they're paying for a couple of extra bands then they'd release names before, even if those names sold an extra 200 tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Extremely doubtful, if they're paying for a couple of extra bands then they'd release names before, even if those names sold an extra 200 tickets.

We're just gonna have to deal with it, MCD have shafted us again, delighted now i'm just turning up on day and will buy a cheap ticket outside

Advertisement