Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

scudzilla wrote: »
    Extremely doubtful, if they're paying for a couple of extra bands then they'd release names before, even if those names sold an extra 200 tickets.

We're just gonna have to deal with it, MCD have shafted us again, delighted now i'm just turning up on day and will buy a cheap ticket outside

Ya looking more than likely..

Gates will be moved to 4/5 you’d imagine and all the packs will be moved with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Still no tickets in the post and ordered them the day then became available..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

1/2 nice additions to setlist in Madrid, won't post in case people avoiding.

About the supports, I saw some pics from Lisbon gig and stage looked terrible for support bands. If only giving a small section of stage, it may limit how many bands they can have. Would be ripped off though, might follow Scudzillas way and just get cheap one there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

killanena wrote: »
    Still no tickets in the post and ordered them the day then became available..

Get on to Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is it a given that they'll be adding Whiskey in the Jar to the setlist for Slane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is it a given that they'll be adding Whiskey in the Jar to the setlist for Slane?

Yes

Yes

Anyone who's seen them before might not care but with 10 years since they were here be a lot of first timers like myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,459 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I’m a big Metallica fan but that one does my nut in.

I’m a big Metallica fan but that one does my nut in.

I can see why, but it'll be a bit of a novelty and any of the crowd who aren't big Metallica fans but are there for Slane and the occassion will love it anyway

So long as they don't say hello Dublin they can play whatever they want :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Including Whiskey In The Jar on the set in favour of one of the classics is criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,459 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I can see why, but it'll be a bit of a novelty and any of the crowd who aren't big Metallica fans but are there for Slane and the occassion will love it anyway

It’s a casuals thing. The reason I’m not going. The crowd won’t know anything beyond nothing else matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Its embarrassing tbh, the crowd scream for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

No idea why they do an awful cover of whiskey in the jar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    1/2 nice additions to setlist in Madrid, won't post in case people avoiding.

About the supports, I saw some pics from Lisbon gig and stage looked terrible for support bands. If only giving a small section of stage, it may limit how many bands they can have. Would be ripped off though, might follow Scudzillas way and just get cheap one there

Do it, for Guns i bought a ticket 3 days earlier for 30euro from Viagogo, outside before the gig this guy gave me a ticket, i took it in case the viagogo print out didn't work (it did), dozens of others flying around for 20euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

scudzilla wrote: »
    Do it, for Guns i bought a ticket 3 days earlier for 30euro from Viagogo, outside before the gig this guy gave me a ticket, i took it in case the viagogo print out didn't work (it did), dozens of others flying around for 20euro.

Yeah tis the plan. And with that encore...out early, beat the traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

I was at GNR 2 years ago and decided to avoid the madness of leaving the venue and said I'd take a trip to Europe instead.

Thanks to some great advice on here I ended up in Lisbon.

This was my first Metallica gig and I thought it was amazing. The set production/staging was unreal.

Was posted earlier but screens failed for a couple of songs in the middle but was back on track before long.

Got to see final 30 minutes of Ghost. Thought they were good and warmed up the crowd nicely.

Really happy with it overall.

Highlights for me were the 'Metallica... And Beer for All' plastic beer glasses to take home. One and Puppets being player back to back.Massive pyro display for Moth into Flame and Ride the lightening early on.

As a side note, Lisbon is a brilliant city with really friendly and helpful people everywhere. (Might give Ireland's Cead Mile Failte a run for its money). Would recommend for anyone wanting to get away for a concern experience and take in a really great city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yes. There will be idiots showing 'Whiskey' from about the second song in. They should open with it to get it over with*

* not going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Surprised theyll have the time with the amount of ole oles theyll be chanting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Oh dear, St. Anger made an appearance last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Only going for Ghost, I'll beat the traffic once they're offstage

\m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Oh dear, St. Anger made an appearance last night.

Would take St Anger over Frantic anytime. Hopefully they are interchangeable in the setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

\m/

metallica suck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

1986/7 were the most terrible times of western popular culture but underneath it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Would Metallica themselves be stopping the addition of more bands in a "this is our show, these are our support bands" kind of way?

Wouldn't have thought they'd care once they get paid but maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

\m/

Jaysus

dasdog wrote: »
    1986/7 were the most terrible times of western popular culture but underneath it

What's the relevance of 86/87?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

What's the relevance of 86/87?

I should elaborate - that's when I first heard that song and ride the lightning. It was much needed at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Degag wrote: »
    Would Metallica themselves be stopping the addition of more bands in a "this is our show, these are our support bands" kind of way?

Wouldn't have thought they'd care once they get paid but maybe?

Nah they love getting in local bands

Of course it's mcd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Wow this thread has click bait bots now. Any hope that account could get banned?

Advertisement