Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

endainoz wrote: »
    Wow this thread has click bait bots now. Any hope that account could get banned?

It's not a bot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Imagine scalping tickets for a concert thats not even sold out, madness

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Imagine scalping tickets for a concert thats not even sold out, madness

madness is people buying them at inflated prices when still on sale. I wondered why tickets appear on resale sites when still on sale. The sellers hope people will go onto google and search and click the first thing they see.

Not sure what you are referring to here though, I am guessing a post was deleted linking to viagogo or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Tickets for this will be going for **** all in the coming weeks. I've spotted a few at €60 already but desperation is certainly going to kick in as the gig gets closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

glucifer wrote: »
    Tickets for this will be going for **** all in the coming weeks. I've spotted a few at €60 already but desperation is certainly going to kick in as the gig gets closer.

Does the good in me tell friends who are on about getting tickets to get them cheap 2nd hand or does the devil in me say screw them if they're going let them pay ~€100 like me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

sugarman wrote: »
    Nice bit of a shake up on the setlists so far on the first 3 nights of this leg..

Good to see the return of the likes of 'The god that failed', and 'No leaf clover' ...even the St.Anger is stuff is a welcome change.

Not a fan of Lords of Summer being a steady fixture, fairly boring song that wasn't deemed good enough for Death Magnetic.

Same as that about Lords of Summer.

Like how there is less Hardwired songs too. Some of the shows in the arena tour had 6 (even 7?) songs from the album which is too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Does the good in me tell friends who are on about getting tickets to get them cheap 2nd hand or does the devil in me say screw them if they're going let them pay ~€100 like me :pac:

OR - tell your friends that you can get tickets for about €70 in a few weeks time.
    You'll easily get tickets for €40. The margin will pay for your own ticket.

BTW, I'm not condoning touting. All of this is below the cost price of €90.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Do we reckon radio Nova will be papering this in the weeks leading up to the gig? I'll probably be going either way but a free ticket would be better than a half price one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Can't believe Halo isn't included

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looking at their stage set up/production it prob makes sense that its in Slane since i cant see that fitting in the RDS without them having to downsize which im guessing they wouldn't do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »
    madness is people buying them at inflated prices when still on sale. I wondered why tickets appear on resale sites when still on sale. The sellers hope people will go onto google and search and click the first thing they see.

Not sure what you are referring to here though, I am guessing a post was deleted linking to viagogo or something.

Places like Viagogo pay Google handsomely to place them at the top of any searches so when people google thats the first link they see.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/google-viagogo-search-results-event-tickets-reseller-stop-a8530681.html
    Its pretty sickening but people really should have more sense than to click on the first link they see ,you wouldnt really do it for anything else you buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Going to Slane from Dublin.

Anybody heard anything about Dublin Bus doing the trip this year? Would poor ticket sales mean they wouldn't be bothered putting on any buses?

Zwillinge wrote: »

Anybody heard anything about Dublin Bus doing the trip this year? Would poor ticket sales mean they wouldn't be bothered putting on any buses?

When i went to Bon Jovi we used Marathon coaches , handy enough with them getting out and back. We left just as Living on a Prayer was starting to try beat the traffic(after hearing the reports from the Oasis gig) and we were back in town within an hour. Think it cost about €15 return?????

I did notice that when you got to the pick up spot you could hop on any bus that pulled up(which was smart imo) because we ended up on a Dublin Bus on the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

They’ll always do a bus. Try marathon coaches that’s who I’ve gone with in the past.

Giving camping a go this year

kg703 wrote: »
    They’ll always do a bus. Try marathon coaches that’s who I’ve gone with in the past.

Giving camping a go this year

We did that for Foo Fighters and it was so handy , drove up the evening before and pitched the tent , few beers with the neighbours and was great craic. The best feeling was walking out of Slane and being back in my tent in about 10-15mins

We did that for Foo Fighters and it was so handy , drove up the evening before and pitched the tent , few beers with the neighbours and was great craic. The best feeling was walking out of Slane and being back in my tent in about 10-15mins

This is exactly what I’m hoping for and not leave slane at 11 arrive home in Dublin at half 3

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Zwillinge wrote: »

I asked them on their twitter account about a month ago and they responded "Any information regarding transportation to Metallica will be operated on our website closer to the event. Please keep an eye on our website for details."

Cutting it very fine to the date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I asked them on their twitter account about a month ago and they responded "Any information regarding transportation to Metallica will be operated on our website closer to the event. Please keep an eye on our website for details."

Cutting it very fine to the date

Have on twitter today that they arent running any

I checked and Marathon are running from Dublin to Slane as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Any consensus on the best time to get the bus from Dublin at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yes. There will be idiots showing 'Whiskey' from about the second song in. They should open with it to get it over with*

* not going to happen

It could.

They did this one of the last times they were in Ireland. Year before, "Whiskey" shouts from the audience all night. They didn't play it.

The next year, it was the first song

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

It wasn't, in 2004 it was in the second encore. They didn't play it in 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I know those chants are irritating, still think it's cool that Dublin was the only city to get it's own song.

https://youtu.be/2ZDhnRo8YvQ?t=14

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

Anyone any feedback or itinerary of a previous experience at Slane farm camping?
    First time slane goer

Anyone any feedback or itinerary of a previous experience at Slane farm camping?
    First time slane goer

Went for foos and Eminem,
    Really nice organization, camp where you want on the farm, coffee and a food truck available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah did it for the foo fighters, weather was awful that year but not their fault. Organization was quite good.

endainoz wrote: »
    Yeah did it for the foo fighters, weather was awful that year but not their fault. Organization was quite good.

Yea i remember it being fairly windy the night before trying to put up the tents, my friend and his missus brought a tipi tent which was impossible to set up because of the wind but luckily i brought my 4 man tent as back up.

Im pretty sure the day after the gig as we were heading home was quite nice tho (which is typical)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

I know those chants are irritating, still think it's cool that Dublin was the only city to get it's own song.

https://youtu.be/2ZDhnRo8YvQ?t=14

Is it a Dublin song? I'll bet Cork/Kerry would disagree!

Dublin bus not running a bus is slightly damning demand wise.. must really not have sold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It could.

They did this one of the last times they were in Ireland. Year before, "Whiskey" shouts from the audience all night. They didn't play it.

The next year, it was the first song

3rd in 2009 was the earliest they played it.

Advertisement