Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Dublin bus not running a bus is slightly damning demand wise.. must really not have sold.

How would they know either way? It’s their risk whether to put buses on or not. MCD have no obligation to provide them with sales info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    How would they know either way? It’s their risk whether to put buses on or not. MCD have no obligation to provide them with sales info.

It’s always been ran before now, I imagine they ask for numbers to have an idea of how many buses they need to throw on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Guessing that my info i posted here (or may have been Metallica thread) 3 months ago was right on the money, MCD asked the band if they'd move to RDS (or a Dublin venue) but band refused, Lars like ticking off famous venues and this is one. The only way MCD could get out was to pay the band in full and rebook them for RDS.
    Probably also why no other support acts, they were limited on getting a big support act as any band added would be under Ghost (contractual crap) and smaller bands may not have shifted enough tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Meh, i don't know. I can't see it doing less than 40k, which while not what MCD were expecting can't be hugely off it. 50k was always the figure i had in mind.

I doubt anyone (MCD included) thought it would get to the 80k mark.

If that's the case i don't see why Dublin Bus wouldn't be running buses for that reason. It's still alot of people/money!

You hear other people saying it's selling quite well, so who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Slane rarely sells out anyway right?
    I mean even GnR which apparently sold out had tickets on sale on the day of the gig. I'd be interested to see what kind of numbers this sells in the end.
    It's always baffled me that at their height Metallica played the Point in 92 and again in 96....also 99. Then on the release of their worst album in 03 and from then on (bar 2010 in Belfast) it was big out door shows. Good management I suppose and a broader appeal to the passive massive.
    Anyway, I thought that live vid of Frantic was pretty good and the one of the Unforgiven was woeful. Still it would be cool to see THAT stage in the natural amphitheatre of Slane. Of course the best view would be looking out at the crowd for anyone lucky enough to get into the snakepit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

MCD don't expect it to sell out. With the one-gig-a-year crowd who go to Slane, MCD know they can charge double through "platinum", "gold" or whatever - 190 quid and so on - and thats like selling two tickets. They'll get the same money selling 40k with a load of them at 190 quid so why would they care?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Anyone any feedback or itinerary of a previous experience at Slane farm camping?
    First time slane goer

Did Slane Farm for GNR and would highly recommend it. Arrived at around 5pm on the Friday to cracking weather (note - other arrival weather conditions may apply), no traffic and straight to our spot. Had the first beer open by 5.05pm. Got friendly with the neighbours and had a great session.

Day of the gig had biblical rain for the most part, which was a bit of a pain, but a few tie straighteners got us going in time for us to head in. Strolled over to the gates in about 15/20 minutes (the first booze checkpoint is at the entrance to the campsite, so keep it hidden until after that).

Post gig we were back at our van in about 20 odd minutes, and that was staying at our spot until after the fireworks.

Left early the next morning, so didn't experience any traffic issues heading out of the campsite either.

Can't make it this year, as have a previous engagement in Malahide Castle, but if I was I'd be Slane Farming it all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Did Slane Farm for GNR and would highly recommend it. Arrived at around 5pm on the Friday to cracking weather (note - other arrival weather conditions may apply), no traffic and straight to our spot. Had the first beer open by 5.05pm. Got friendly with the neighbours and had a great session.

Day of the gig had biblical rain for the most part, which was a bit of a pain, but a few tie straighteners got us going in time for us to head in. Strolled over to the gates in about 15/20 minutes (the first booze checkpoint is at the entrance to the campsite, so keep it hidden until after that).

Post gig we were back at our van in about 20 odd minutes, and that was staying at our spot until after the fireworks.

Left early the next morning, so didn't experience any traffic issues heading out of the campsite either.

Can't make it this year, as have a previous engagement in Malahide Castle, but if I was I'd be Slane Farming it all the way!

Had a similiar experience at GNR last year except for the traffic going in on the Friday - we got to Slane around 7 pm and traffic was terrible -took about an hour to get into the site.
    After that, it was plain sailing and highly recommended

Just looking at the list of prohibited items for slane 2019.

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Just looking at the list of prohibited items for slane 2019.

WTF

fcuk it anyway, no tridents!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    fcuk it anyway, no tridents!:mad:

Maybe that means Tenacious D are playing !!! ;)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Le Bruise wrote: »

+1 on all that about the camping option.

I've camped 4 nights for the Foos and GnR, 3 of the 4 days have been horrible weather wise but the location and facilities are spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

There's actually some resale tickets for sale on TM now, for below face value in fact. Im still between two minds in going to this as have a lit of gigs this summer but the week of the gig there could be some fairly cheap ones available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

endainoz wrote: »
    There's actually some resale tickets for sale on TM now, for below face value in fact. Im still between two minds in going to this as have a lit of gigs this summer but the week of the gig there could be some fairly cheap ones available.

Forgetthe week of the gig, just rock up on the day, you'll pick one up for 20euro

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Don't get LOS at all. Milan with frantic and blackened instead of St anger and LOS would do nicely. Hopefully it's a hardwired song that gets cut for whiskey (unlikely)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

Don't get LOS at all. Milan with frantic and blackened instead of St anger and LOS would do nicely. Hopefully it's a hardwired song that gets cut for whiskey (unlikely)

I'm really enjoying their European shake up but LOS taking the first encore slot is a bummer, they pretty much always rotated between blackened (most awesome metal intro of all time imo) and battery and occasional fight fire with fire. All kick ass heavy as **** metal songs.

I mean I guess I can't complain seeing as ride the lightning seems to a constant now aswell as disposable heroes/frantic and the got that failed all making their returns.

Stiff little fingers and Fangclub added

Mcd have gone cheap anyway for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mcd have gone cheap and way for this

Where have you seen this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

threein99 wrote: »
    Where have you seen this ?

Metallica instagram announced it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Never heard of Fangclub before but having a listen this morning and they’re not bad. Can’t see myself heading in for them though.

• Advertisement

Never heard of Fangclub before but having a listen this morning and they’re not bad. Can’t see myself heading in for them though.

Seen Fangclub support Volbeat,they're not bad....do a great version of Heart Shaped Box!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Therapy would be a better choice than slf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

SLF is a great addition just hope they get a decent time

SLF is a great addition just hope they get a decent time

30-40 minutes at 4pm or so I’d say.

30-40 minutes at 4pm or so I’d say.

Ya bokassa have been 6ish at the European dates, so from 6 you'd imagine it'll be sAme set times as the rest of Metallica's tour

Stiff Little Fingers are above Bokassa on the new poster

Dozyart wrote: »
    Stiff Little Fingers are above Bokassa on the new poster

That’s interesting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That’s interesting.

Id say a lot more people have heard of Stiff Little Fingers or could be because of the Irish connection?? tbh ive never heard of Bokassa

Id say a lot more people have heard of Stiff Little Fingers or could be because of the Irish connection?? tbh ive never heard of Bokassa

Yeah I think you’re right about the Irish connection. Until they were announced as support, I had never heard of Bokassa either. Had a listen and not really my thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mcd have gone cheap anyway for this

MCD always go cheap

Advertisement