Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Im guessing about 30-40k(max imo)

Yup 40 would be a good sell,
    all signs are pointing towards not being sold at all

also have tickets gone up? seem dearer on the new poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Yup 40 would be a good sell,
    all signs are pointing towards not being sold at all

"Resale" tickets on ticketmaster cheaper than original selling price !?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

they went up in january due to the VAT increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

I struggled to get a bus. They were all sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Does the camping sell out ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Zardoz wrote: »
    MCD always go cheap

Remember when Maiden played the point and they had Heaven and Hell supporting, RJD passed away and people were thinking we'd get a replacement band of that calibre.....enter Sweet Savage :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Boards meet at the venue? Instead of Dream No More package, Ye're Talkin' No More!

I'd actually be up for that, Wifey can't go as can't get someone to look after our 3yr old all day and night, 2 mates in UK can't make it as going to uk shows and rest of my mates just aint up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Zardoz wrote: »
    MCD always go cheap

I always remember when Bowie cancelled his headline appearance at Oxegen, MCD just shifted the Darkness up the bill to headline. In every other European festival that Bowie had to cancel that summer the organizers put in a new headliner. Not the cheapskates over here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

D.Q wrote: »
    Saw on Instagram Fangclub and Stiff little fingers added to the bill

Think that just tips the balance in favour of Slane for me. Was 50/50 with it and The Cure, but can't miss SLF playing Slane.

Just hope The Cure play here again soon. Have never got to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

This seems to be the setlist that Ghost has been doing on most recent tour (though it differed in Feb/March). Expecting anything else? Need to make up and study my Spotify playlist :D
    Ashes
    Rats
    Absolution
    Ritual
    From the Pinnacle to the Pit
    Faith
    Cirice
    Miasma
    Year Zero
    Mummy Dust
    Dance Macabre
    Square Hammer

Disappointed not to see Life Eternal - was one of the first I checked out and enjoyed it. Typically the first track I go to when sticking on the "This is Ghost" playlist from Spotify. Hoping for a walkout to Genesis (the song currently playing in the background for me :D)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

but can't miss SLF playing Slane.
    I would like to be there just for "go for it" being played! This comes on before all their gigs, really gets the crowd going, and handy to know they are just about to come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭boccers

No Dublin Bus shuttle service this year. Wonder is that due to low numbers or no agreement reached or what. I can't remember there ever being a slane, EP, Oxegen without DB providing a shuttle. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    This seems to be the setlist that Ghost has been doing on most recent tour (though it differed in Feb/March). Expecting anything else? Need to make up and study my Spotify playlist :D
    Ashes
    Rats
    Absolution
    Ritual
    From the Pinnacle to the Pit
    Faith
    Cirice
    Miasma
    Year Zero
    Mummy Dust
    Dance Macabre
    Square Hammer

Disappointed not to see Life Eternal - was one of the first I checked out and enjoyed it. Typically the first track I go to when sticking on the "This is Ghost" playlist from Spotify. Hoping for a walkout to Genesis (the song currently playing in the background for me :D)

Winder will they get a longer slot giving it all kicks off around 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Is it 100% certain Dublin Bus are not running?

Have a few mates who were planning on using it.

After the misery of getting back to Dublin after GnR I shall be camping this time.

Roll on monsoon season!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Maybe I'm old but there's some amount of whingers these days... "it's too far....all that hassle to stand in a field
    .. It's going to rain...."

Only one thing is certain... Háil rain or snow slane is going to be amazing this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Seems there's a thank you video at the end of each gig

https://twitter.com/Metallica/status/1126951349265076225

Is it 100% certain Dublin Bus are not running?

Have a few mates who were planning on using it.

After the misery of getting back to Dublin after GnR I shall be camping this time.

Roll on monsoon season!

Yuo Dublin bus have said as much
    Not running for this one

Demand mustn’t be there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yuo Dublin bus have said as much
    Not running for this one

Demand mustn’t be there

Ah ok, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Having gone to Belfast last year and the year before to see SLF play Custom House Square, this saves me from doing it again this year. Result!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

We got a facebook together from Clare and organized a return bus for 50, €30 return a head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

boccers wrote: »
    No Dublin Bus shuttle service this year. Wonder is that due to low numbers or no agreement reached or what. I can't remember there ever being a slane, EP, Oxegen without DB providing a shuttle. Could be wrong.

That seems unbelievable, otherwise it would be left to private coach companies and tens of thousands of people would be trying to find specific buses after the concert!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Bassfish wrote: »
    That seems unbelievable, otherwise it would be left to private coach companies and tens of thousands of people would be trying to find specific buses after the concert!

That's how it's always been for everyone outside of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Setlists look brilliant not the usual predictable one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Crazy that Dublin Bus aren't offering a service. Is that the first time ever, well in recent times anyway?

You mean like for every other part of Ireland after every single concert?

There isn’t demand for Dublin bus for this seemingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Did Slane Farm for GNR and would highly recommend it. Arrived at around 5pm on the Friday to cracking weather (note - other arrival weather conditions may apply), no traffic and straight to our spot. Had the first beer open by 5.05pm. Got friendly with the neighbours and had a great session.

Day of the gig had biblical rain for the most part, which was a bit of a pain, but a few tie straighteners got us going in time for us to head in. Strolled over to the gates in about 15/20 minutes (the first booze checkpoint is at the entrance to the campsite, so keep it hidden until after that).

Post gig we were back at our van in about 20 odd minutes, and that was staying at our spot until after the fireworks.

Left early the next morning, so didn't experience any traffic issues heading out of the campsite either.

Can't make it this year, as have a previous engagement in Malahide Castle, but if I was I'd be Slane Farming it all the way!

Slane camping website says food available, what did they have when you were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Slane camping website says food available, what did they have when you were there?

mobile chipper. i had a bacon sandwich in the morning and burger and chips in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

For Guns I drove to Drogheda at 3pm and then got a Bus Eireann coach to Slane.

Was astonished at how fast it was and almost zero traffic too.

Might do the same again.......

Last time I seen Metallica was the Top Hat gigs in '88 and it'd be alright with me if the setlist was the exact same....
    Blackened
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    The Four Horsemen
    Harvester of Sorrow
    Eye of the Beholder
    Master of Puppets
    One
    Seek & Destroy
    ...And Justice for All
    Creeping Death
    Fade to Black
    Battery
    Last Caress
    Am I Evil?
    Whiplash

Didn't remember the above now, it's from Setlist, and I say that as to my shame as despite being there both nights, I don't really remember much about the gig at all bar getting into some row about a towel Jason threw into the crowd and which I wanted to keep. Problem was so did this other chap and he was bigger.

Funny thing is too, even though it was Oct, in my memory it was a summer's day. Rose tinted glasses maybe.

The t-shirts they used to sell at gigs back then where bullet proof as that white AJFA fcuker must have lasted me 20 years.

If I could pick one song I'd hope they'll play on the day it would be Dyers Eve.

Beyond that, despite for sure having a preference for their early material, I'm not overly bothered about what the set list will be (although I do hate St Anger but that'll be a good time to get the beers in).

Defo going for the circle also. Slane's hard to tolerate at the best of times. A nice posi is the least to look forward to after that trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

For Guns I drove to Drogheda at 3pm and then got a Bus Eireann coach to Slane.

Was astonished at how fast it was and almost zero traffic too.

Might do the same again.......

Last time I seen Metallica was the Top Hat gigs in '88 and it'd be alright with me if the setlist was the exact same....

Didn't remember the above now, it's from Setlist, and I say that as to my shame as despite being there both nights, I don't really remember much about the gig at all bar getting into some row about a towel Jason threw into the crowd and which I wanted to keep. Problem was so did this other chap and he was bigger.

Funny thing is too, even though it was Oct, in my memory it was a summer's day. Rose tinted glasses maybe.

The t-shirts they used to sell at gigs back then where bullet proof as that white AJFA fcuker must have lasted me 20 years.

If I could pick one song I'd hope they'll play on the day it would be Dyers Eve.

Beyond that, despite for sure having a preference for their early material, I'm not overly bothered about what the set list will be (although I do hate St Anger but that'll be a good time to get the beers in).

Defo going for the circle also. Slane's hard to tolerate at the best of times. A nice posi is the least to look forward to after that trek.

**** the casuals right out of it if they did a set like that, I wouldn't mind to be honest.

Frantic & St. Anger have made a return to the set for this leg, they seem to be rotating them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I've gotten Dublin Bus every other year to Slane

This year we booked with Marathon coaches as they leave from Dublin quays (Can buy a raincoat in Pennys if needs be)

Have gotten them before to various concerts and they're decent. Last time with them, they give us a wristband so no fear of fallen tickets. I assume a similar setup will be had where they'll go from where Dublin bus usually depart.

With the sun shining today, I felt proper first excitement at the idea of going to this.

I say the fifth or so album I ever got was Master of Puppets and that got me hooked and basically fell in love with Metal Music.
    Whatever about dodgy transport; going to a gigantic field (and thankfully won't be a mass of drugged up humans by the sounds of sales) in the sunshine with my best friends in Golden Circle with few beers and listening to one of my all time favorite bands.

Feck it, puts a smile on this girls face for a Monday :)

Advertisement