Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Slane camping website says food available, what did they have when you were there?

T'wouldn't be fantastic for food now. As someone else said, just a mobile chipper (big queues at times) and a coffee stand (which we frequented more).

We brought 2 disposable BBQ's and a cool box with burgers/sausages etc and that sorted us out for the 2 days. When you can park right beside your tent, you can bring a shed load of food and not have to worry about carrying it (only keeping it cold). Crisp sandwiches after the gig were a God send!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

We have the 11:30 Marathon bus booked at Customs House.

Would I be right in saying that it would take about an hour to an hour and a half to get to Slane from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

What are the ticket sales like for this, anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Are Dublin bus definitely not running? Or is it just they haven't announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Yuo Dublin bus have said as much
    Not running for this one

Demand mustn’t be there

Any fence sitting and procrastination is certainly gone from me now. It's hassle enough with Dublin Bus being available as it is.
    glucifer wrote: »
    That's how it's always been for everyone outside of Dublin

In fairness a lot of people from outside of Dublin could get to the different gigs using Dublin Bus as plenty of private coaches dropped and collected people from the city itself, linking up with DB.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »

Definitely not. There was a previous post confirming this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They confirmed on Twitter that they werent doing the buses

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Definitely not. There was a previous post confirming this.

Cheers. I understood the posts just to be people saying it but nothing official, must have missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bennyl10 wrote: »
    You mean like for every other part of Ireland after every single concert?
    Can't think of many places/gigs where there would be as many buses mainly on one stretch of road.

I am in Dublin but have got other buses other than dublin bus to slane before. It was handy being able to just ignore dublin bus ones on the way out, even then a few people had trouble finding our bus. Not sure what % are usually dublin bus but it will certainly not help matters. Also I imagine a standard dublin bus holds more than the average coach.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cheers. I understood the posts just to be people saying it but nothing official, must have missed it

I think it was https://twitter.com/overdrive_pr that asked Dublin Bus about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Can imagine Marty and the Joe. Ie conversing expertly in all things Metallica and neither having a balls notion what they're on about :)

Hurrache wrote: »
    Any fence sitting and procrastination is certainly gone from me now. It's hassle enough with Dublin Bus being available as it is.

In fairness a lot of people from outside of Dublin could get to the different gigs using Dublin Bus as plenty of private coaches dropped and collected people from the city itself, linking up with DB.

Our ancestors went through hell to get us here... It's only a gig..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I think it was https://twitter.com/overdrive_pr that asked Dublin Bus about it.

https://twitter.com/dublinbusnews/status/1126459461961490432

confirmed there

Marty thinks he saw them on the RTL, in the sfx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anyone travelling from Ashbourne/know a bus going from there? I live about 15 mins away, I'd imagine it would be fairly handy to get some sort of bus to Slane from there. I've never been(to Slane)!!

rizzee wrote: »
    Anyone travelling from Ashbourne/know a bus going from there? I live about 15 mins away, I'd imagine it would be fairly handy to get some sort of bus to Slane from there. I've never been(to Slane)!!

Check out travelmaster.ie. They have buses going from loads of different locations around the country.

If you can get to Dublin, Marathon are running return buses from Customs House every half an hour from 11:00am to 4:00pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Check out travelmaster.ie. They have buses going from loads of different locations around the country.

If you can get to Dublin, Marathon are running return buses from Customs House every half an hour from 11:00am to 4:00pm

A couple of those Marathon ones are full now, you might to get booking if your planning on going with them .

We have the 11:30 Marathon bus booked at Customs House.

Would I be right in saying that it would take about an hour to an hour and a half to get to Slane from Dublin?

Closer to an hour I'd say

Le Bruise wrote: »
    T'wouldn't be fantastic for food now. As someone else said, just a mobile chipper (big queues at times) and a coffee stand (which we frequented more).

We brought 2 disposable BBQ's and a cool box with burgers/sausages etc and that sorted us out for the 2 days. When you can park right beside your tent, you can bring a shed load of food and not have to worry about carrying it (only keeping it cold). Crisp sandwiches after the gig were a God send!

There's a Romayos chippers in the village that we went to on the Friday at GnR, twas very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Kornelia

I'm going to see them. Just wondering about busses etc and what is allowed to bring on the bus. Can anyone help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Just an FYI that some may not be aware of - there is no access to the village on the day, i.e. you can't just land down in Slane, have a few pints and / or bite to eat in the town and wander up to the gig. You're basically in to the venue and your only choice is whatever they have on offer inside. I presume there's no seating either inside the venue bar on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Just an FYI that some may not be aware of - there is no access to the village on the day, i.e. you can't just land down in Slane, have a few pints and / or bite to eat in the town and wander up to the gig. You're basically in to the venue and your only choice is whatever they have on offer inside. I presume there's no seating either inside the venue bar on the ground.

I saw a notice to that effect somewhere.I believe they mean vehicular access?

magentis wrote: »

Vehicular & pedestrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

magentis wrote: »

Yeah, that's vehicular access they're on about. Sure if you're coming from the north or from Drogheda direction, you have to pass through the village to get to the entrance.

Yeah, that's vehicular access they're on about. Sure if you're coming from the north or from Drogheda direction, you have to pass through the village to get to the entrance.

According to a local, access to the village including it's bars and restaurants is blocked off unless you have a resident's pass.

Location & Date Questions

Q: Where and when is Slane Castle Concert site?
    A: Slane is 40 miles north of Dublin. On show day, the village is closed and a comprehensive traffic plan will be in operation. Access for car traffic will be via M1 and M3. N2 will be operational for Dublin Bus and Private Coaches ONLY. Allow travel time from Dublin of at least 90 minutes using Public Transport & please expect delays. Fans should allow themselves plenty of travel time when getting to the concert. See our Getting There section below here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

According to a local, access to the village including it's bars and restaurants is blocked off unless you have a resident's pass.

Seems a bit mad Ted!

Degag wrote: »
    Seems a bit mad Ted!

It's a small rural village to be fair. Allowing 40k people descend upon it would be more mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Coming from Drogheda or North the car parks/taxi drop offs are outside the village as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Have already booked with Marathon myself, but wondering if Dublin Bus had just bothered to throw on a bunch of buses for Malahide instead, and couple that with the DART, instead of hoping people would request Slane again. Ah well, should be a good day out! Hope Ghost get a great crowd too, would love to see them do an intimate show over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It's a small rural village to be fair. Allowing 40k people descend upon it would be more mad.

Ah maybe, perhaps. Although it'd only be a fraction who'd probably go to the village. Doubt the business owners would mind!

Advertisement