Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

I remember going through slane itself one of the years so is it being closed off only a recent thing? Also remember stopping off at some hotel by the bridge crossing the river some other time too there were selling cans on their lawn, great day!

Anyone here anything more about the "cheap" standing tickets?
    I cant see how that will be enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Anyone here anything more about the "cheap" standing tickets?
    I cant see how that will be enforced.

Oh wow, I completely forgot about that.
    I say there'll be a designated section alright that won't be enforced.
    I can't imagine a full enough green area and then a cage of people at the back :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Big Nasty wrote: »
    It's a small rural village to be fair. Allowing 40k people descend upon it would be more mad.

I fully agree with this BN.
    Degag wrote: »
    Ah maybe, perhaps. Although it'd only be a fraction who'd probably go to the village. Doubt the business owners would mind!

A fraction would turn into a lot in no time. Imagine you had a small shop in a small village with that number of people arriving in? You'd certainly be understaffed and you'd be thinking of theft aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about that.
    I say there'll be a designated section alright that won't be enforced.
    I can't imagine a full enough green area and then a cage of people at the back :o

Slane usually has one entrance, just.
    I cant see how they can enforce this at all.

you're hardly gonna have people doing extra ticket checks cone inside for the vast majority of people

• Advertisement

And they'd need a seperate bar/foo/toilets for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Did the site plan on Ticketmaster show Zone A before? I could've sworn it did.

Either way, it's not there now.

https://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk2/18756s.jpg

I'd be stunned if they try to enforce it. It'd be a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So I could probably go down on the day buy a cheap ticket and if I was early I could get close to the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MadYaker wrote: »
    So I could probably go down on the day buy a cheap ticket and if I was early I could get close to the front?

Close to the barrier at the back of the golden circle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Reckon so. That golden circle stuff nowadays is a load of balls anyway also. Last time seeing them here in Marlay Park I queued from 8am to get a pit pass. I'd rather do that all over again than pay the extra for golden circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Just seen that. Important to note from their article: "There will be no tickets sold on the day of the concert.". Buy in advance if you wanna use it! 30 euro return before 3rd June, then its 40 after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

entropi wrote: »
    Reckon so. That golden circle stuff nowadays is a load of balls anyway also. Last time seeing them here in Marlay Park I queued from 8am to get a pit pass. I'd rather do that all over again than pay the extra for golden circle.

Did all that when I was younger. Would rather just pay now.

Any idea of how many will be in the Golden circle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ya you'll get to front of the main standing, at back of G.C

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Got the email there myself about it. Booked marathon based on the twitter reply from Dublin Bus. I'd assume its the same deal with the private bus operators? Only experience was GNR two years ago and got Dublin Bus there and back with it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

PSA: If you are veggie message Slane organisers to ask for vegetarian/vegan food at Metallica. You can't bring food in. That is all.

Email: access@mcd.ie
    "Q: I am Coeliac, gluten intolerant, will there be food suitable to cater for my needs?

A: Yes-there will be a limited selection of foods available to cater for such dietary requirements. Should you have any additional queries on this please email access@mcd.ie in advance and we will be happy to advise accordingly."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

is it zero tolerance on backpacks?

D.Q wrote: »
    is it zero tolerance on backpacks?

Why would it be? I've been to a few Metallica gigs before and there was never an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Why would it be? I've been to a few Metallica gigs before and there was never an issue.

we all carry bombs and other weapons in backpacks now, so its understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

https://www.slanecastle.ie/concerts/faqs/
    Prohibited Items
    Aerosols
    Air Horns
    Alcohol
    Animals (other than registered guide or hearing dogs)
    Any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon
    Audio Recorders
    Backpacks or Waistpacks
    Bottles
    Cans
    Cameras with a detachable lense or recording equipment
    Camping Equipment
    Chains (of any kind)
    Chinese or Sky Lanterns
    Excessive amounts cigarettes may be refused entry to the site
    Food
    Fireworks and Flares
    Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks.
    Glass / Glass Containers
    Go Pro Cameras, iPads or Tablets
    Illegal substances
    iPads
    Large Umbrellas or Flag Poles
    Large chains, spiked bracelet’s or wallet chains
    Laser Pens or laser pointers
    Light Sabers
    Megaphones
    Nitrous Oxide
    Portable Laser Equipment and Pens
    Professional nor Semi Professional Cameras, STILL OR DIGITAL
    Recording Equipment, SOUND or VIDEO
    Selfie Sticks
    Smoke Canisters
    Sound systems
    Spray Cans
    Tridents
    Un-authorised Professional Film or Video Equipment*
    Unofficial tabards or reflective jackets
    Weapons

ridiculous if true, its a long oul day. Even to carry a jacket etc

• Advertisement

Feck that's a long list. Are we sure we'll be allowed in at all?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Light Sabers

Ah ffs, no light sabers :mad:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I've gotten in with a crossbody bag, and a small backpack before.

I think you'd get away with a small bag on your back big enough to hold some essential items but not a rucksack or massive bag.

I've a Metallica backpack....surely they'll let that in?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Driving there myself, bringing my 12 year old lad, he'll have seen the Big Four now
    Drive will be a killer but at least he can sleep all the way home
    Have to bring some kind of bag just for grub for the day
    On a good day you can't beat Slane
    Saw GnR there in 1992 went home sun burnt, lesson learned
    Can't wait for it now
    Hope Halo makes the cut

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Driving there myself, bringing my 12 year old lad, he'll have seen the Big Four now
    Drive will be a killer but at least he can sleep all the way home
    Have to bring some kind of bag just for grub for the day
    On a good day you can't beat Slane
    Saw GnR there in 1992 went home sun burnt, lesson learned
    Can't wait for it now
    Hope Halo makes the cut

They search all bags going in and will remove and bin any food or drink. Other stuff like sunscreen would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For any of you who've done the camping before

Can you land any time Friday night? Atm it's looking like we won't land til 2am or so unfortunately

Neyite wrote: »
    They search all bags going in and will remove and bin any food or drink. Other stuff like sunscreen would be fine.

It's quite unfair that they remove food in fairness. I know they want the catering within the venue to make the most they can but it's a bit much. Bottles I can understand but normally they just ask you to remove the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

For any of you who've done the camping before

Can you land any time Friday night? Atm it's looking like we won't land til 2am or so unfortunately

There were definitely people arriving well into the evening for GNR. Now I can't categorically say that people arrived as late as 2am, as I'd hit the hay by that stage, but there were certainly more tents/vans there in the morning than i had seen before going to bed!

Maybe give them a shout on their facebook page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi, I will be driving to this gig, any idea where I would end up having to park? is there a designated area close to the venue?

My tickets are for zone A, probably wont see a thing but sure that's the way it goes, I will get out before the rush at the end so :)

Advertisement