Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kevbrady38

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    First year camping for us, Thats very good to know!

It was hilarious. The best part about the whole thing was there was huge ques for the chipper van. People didn't realise the coffee can did toasted sandwiches so I qued for 5 mins for food haha

Hopefully they get it together this year, there is a fortune to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Kevbrady38 wrote: »
    It was hilarious. The best part about the whole thing was there was huge ques for the chipper van. People didn't realise the coffee can did toasted sandwiches so I qued for 5 mins for food haha

Hopefully they get it together this year, there is a fortune to be made

Good headsup! I shall be bringing a cool box and enough beans to kill the site..
    A tin of beans in one hand and a flagon of cider in the other.. classy living!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Also good to know!
    My sister has a food truck and i know all too well how hard it is to gauge how much food to bring to an event. Also the logistics of bringing "just in case" stock.
    I'll bring some back up munchies just to be sure though

Good headsup! I shall be bringing a cool box and enough beans to kill the site..
    A tin of beans in one hand and a flagon of cider in the other.. classy living!

At GnR they had designated areas for BBQS and gas stoves. I brought the stove but wasn't ****ing bothered going to the area and just lived on cans and cereal bars. Go to the food can early then ate as soon as I got into the venue.

If you hear somebody doing randy savage impressions, that's me haha

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Also good to know!
    My sister has a food truck and i know all too well how hard it is to gauge how much food to bring to an event. Also the logistics of bringing "just in case" stock.
    I'll bring some back up munchies just to be sure though

Cereal bars and **** like that are a life saver. No need to go to the BBQ area and can be easily washed down with a morning beer

• Advertisement

At GnR they had designated areas for BBQS and gas stoves. I brought the stove but wasn't ****ing bothered going to the area and just lived on cans and cereal bars. Go to the food can early then ate as soon as I got into the venue.

If you hear somebody doing randy savage impressions, that's me haha

I shall respond with a Ric Flair.. wooooh!

What was it like at GNR? The site looks large enough so hopefully not too cramped? After the nightmare getting back to Dublin after GNR I swore camping or never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Another cheat... the Vegan food truck had absolutely 0 people in the queue. I went to it and got a huge portion of fresh homemade chips while the others who wouldn’t be seen going near it, waited for 20 mins at the chipper type vans for a small tray of frozen chips!

I shall respond with a Ric Flair.. wooooh!

What was it like at GNR? The site looks large enough so hopefully not too cramped? After the nightmare getting back to Dublin after GNR I swore camping or never again.

It was good craic. It is just row after row of tents. Tesco have camping chairs for like 10 bills. Defo worth it. Think we got searched twice going from the site to the gig so neck the cans and stash the naggins

Musefan wrote: »
    Another cheat... the Vegan food truck had absolutely 0 people in the queue. I went to it and got a huge portion of fresh homemade chips while the others who wouldn’t be seen going near it, waited for 20 mins at the chipper type vans for a small tray of frozen chips!

I didnt even know there was one and we had 2 veggies with us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Does anyone know if you need gold circle to win the snake pit passes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

D.Q wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you need gold circle to win the snake pit passes

Doubt it, it says on metclub that you need a gig ticket, nothing mentioned about golden circle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I didnt even know there was one and we had 2 veggies with us

It's been at a good few gigs the past few years. Sharon Shannon, the traditional musician owns it.

gov1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Was this in the camping or inside? Going with someone who is gluten free; they emailed but the only response back was that vendors are being finalised (this was last week).

🤪

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's been at a good few gigs the past few years. Sharon Shannon, the traditional musician owns it.

gov1.jpg

Hope it's still there as she has a restaurant in Dublin now. No reply from MCD about vegan options and I know tons of people have messaged them.

gov1.jpg

Aw we wer talking about the camp site. I knew I did not see another food truck there.

If I remember right even Eddie rockets had a truck inside the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Vegan Rockers?

Christ almighty what's next!?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That image sends shivers down my spine.....Gluten Free and Dairy Free are buzzwords to sell to millennials IMO.

kg703 wrote: »
    Hey, people can be fans of spice girls and Metallica ya know ;)

If ya wanna be my sandman
    You gotta get with my dreams
    Hardwired forever
    Battery never ends

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

That image sends shivers down my spine.....Gluten Free and Dairy Free are buzzwords to sell to millennials IMO.

Feel free to come and sit within an inch of me after a glass of milk
    Can guarantee ya you wont be thinking Dairy Free is a buzzword :pac::pac::pac:

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Feel free to come and sit within an inch of me after a glass of milk
    Can guarantee ya you wont be thinking Dairy Free is a buzzword :pac::pac::pac:

I'm not saying that it applies to everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Vegan Rockers?

Christ almighty what's next!?! :eek:

It's quite common, you'll notice it in metal bands too, the likes of Carcass and many more are veggie/vegan. Rob Zombie, Lamb of God etc etc.
    Very common in punk too.

Nearly all of my friends that I grew up with going to metal gigs are vegetarian or vegan now, including me!

It's quite common, you'll notice it in metal bands too, the likes of Carcass and many more are vegan.

If your band had album covers like Reek of Putrefaction and Symphonies of Sickness you'd turn Vegan too!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

Anyone know what time (roughly) Metallica will be on stage? And the support acts

Anyone know what time (roughly) Metallica will be on stage? And the support acts

Metallica will on about 7:45/8- 10:15/10:30 (2.30 set)
    Ghost you’d guess 6-7
    SLF 4:30-5.30
    Bossioka(no idea how to spell them) 3;15 3:45
    Fangclub
    2.30-3
    gates 2

I’d guess that won’t be too far off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Metallica will on about 7:45/8- 10:15/10:30 (2.30 set)
    Ghost you’d guess 6-7
    SLF 4:30-5.30
    Bossioka(no idea how to spell them) 3;15 3:45
    Fangclub
    2.30-3
    gates 2

I’d guess that won’t be too far off

Think I read somewhere first band is 3pm

Think I read somewhere first band is 3pm

Not a huge difference in those.
    Metallica will be no later than 8 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Darksoul

Hi all will be travelling up to Dublin on the Friday 7th to camp early at Slane. What's the most direct way getting there by public bus/train with route number included.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Darksoul wrote: »
    Hi all will be travelling up to Dublin on the Friday 7th to camp early at Slane. What's the most direct way getting there by public bus/train with route number included.

Set up an account to ask that ? :eek: :rolleyes:

Its takes less energy to look up the Dublin Bus/Marathon websites :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Darksoul wrote: »

Collins coaches used to always do a route to Slane on a regular weekday. Dublin Bus or Marathon wont be of much use to you on the Friday.

http://collinscoaches.ie/images/Timetables/collins%20coaches%20a3%20qp%20FROM%20DUBLIN.pdf

Alternatively Bus Eireann do a direct route from what I used to remember. You can brave their horrible website solo however!

Alternatively you could get the train to Drogheda and then try get transport to Slane from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Guys,

Which road do I take if wanting to park in the nearest carpark to the Castle? I'm a wheelchair user.

Advertisement