Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

krusty411 wrote: »
    What direction you coming from?

Coming from Enfield

• Registered Users Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What's your problem?

This is my rifle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

D.Q wrote: »
    Edit: yep. Jaysus what a set in fairness.

Blackened
    Fuel
    Sad but True
    Fade to Black
    Frantic
    Holier Than Thou
    King Nothing
    (w/ The Outlaw Torn jam)
    Wherever I May Roam
    St. Anger
    Creeping Death
    Battery

Encore:
    No Leaf Clover
    Nothing Else Matters
    Master of Puppets
    'Full Metal Jacket' Clip
    One
    Enter Sandman

Could not be any better

Cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Coming from Enfield

Then just go via trim and navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mick121

That was class! Probably because we called for it so much in 2003.

As I recall after all the whiskey chants James eventually said no as they had not practiced it and couldn't do it justice but will be played next time they are back.True to his word at the next gig he addressed the crowd and said,I promised you I'd play a certain song last time so here it is,and whiskey started.i for one think it's class that they play it for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

mick121 wrote: »
    As I recall after all the whiskey chants James eventually said no as they had not practiced it and couldn't do it justice but will be played next time they are back.True to his word at the next gig he addressed the crowd and said,I promised you I'd play a certain song last time so here it is,and whiskey started.i for one think it's class that they play it for us.

I think it's a bit cringe.

They are in Ireland so whiskey will be served id say!

Wouldn’t be surprised if they give a shout out to lord mountcharles whiskey brand as well ?

But for something different I’d love to hear them do a cover of “ brewing up a storm” by the stunning.

Just imagine what a Metallica version of it would be like and it’s frickin awesome rockin

Not a fan then?

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I think it's a bit cringe.

The last Dublin gig they played it 3rd to shut everyone up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Wouldn’t be surprised if they give a shout out to lord mountcharles whiskey brand as well

A competitor to Blackened...????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

But for something different I’d love to hear them do a cover of “ brewing up a storm” by the stunning.

Just imagine what a Metallica version of it would be like and it’s frickin awesome rockin

That would be brilliant! I saw The Stunning play that live at the Féile last September and the place was vibing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

What time are Metallica due to take the stage roughly ?

I know its probably asked lots in this thread but honestly I'm too lazy to trawl through it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

cavan4sam wrote: »

I know its probably asked lots in this thread but honestly I'm too lazy to trawl through it ,

7.30/8

cavan4sam wrote: »

Sometime between 8 and 8:30 I’d say. Stage times will be published closer to the day on a twitter.

That would be brilliant! I saw The Stunning play that live at the Féile last September and the place was vibing!

Can u imagine the riffage and of course some death growls from Het !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Sometime between 8 and 8:30 I’d say. Stage times will be published closer to the day on a twitter.

Cheers & a 2 hour set i assume ?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

I remember Whiskey being played for what I think was the very first time in the Point in 99 with Eric Bell as a guest. Philomena Lynott was also in the audience I recall James mentioned. That was pretty cool.. I remember the chants in 03 and 04 - they were even for chanting for Jason at these gigs. Anyway , they'll play it I bet

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

glucifer wrote: »
    I remember Whiskey being played for what I think was the very first time in the Point in 99 with Eric Bell as a guest. Philomena Lynott was also in the audience I recall James mentioned. That was pretty cool.. I remember the chants in 03 and 04 - they were even for chanting for Jason at these gigs. Anyway , they'll play it I bet

2008 they played it late in the set and then in 2009 they got it out of the way pretty early

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

glucifer wrote:

Point gigs were great

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Point gigs were great

Yup 96 was even better, the entire floor was taken up by that stage. First gig for a 14 year old me and I went alone. Some caric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yup 96 was even better, the entire floor was taken up by that stage. First gig for a 14 year old me and I went alone. Some caric

That entire gig is on YouTube.........insane gig

That entire gig is on YouTube.........insane gig

I know ya, myself and another lad convinced yer man to upload it there, didn't even know it existed til a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I was 14 at my first Metallica gig too. Wish I could say that was 96, but was 88.

Apartment block now where the Top Hat was.

Anyone here at the SFX gig in 86? Here's a few pics from their time here:

m1.jpg
    m2.jpg
    m3.jpg

That top picture was taken in Wales. The other two are in Kilsaran alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

King nothing has to be played just cause of the setting ha

We I saw this tour in Glasgow in 2017 the setlist was great but would love too see a slightly different one here. I suppose indoor and outdoor are different shows on the tech side etc

No leaf clover would be cool. Never heard the band do any st anger era stuff

Anyone hear anything about the zone a?
    One of my mates just showed me his ticket and he has one, he didn't know anything about it.

Anyone hear anything about the zone a?
    One of my mates just showed me his ticket and he has one, he didn't know anything about it.

Isn't it a zone at the top of the hill miles away from the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kevbrady38

Isn't it a zone at the top of the hill miles away from the stage?

Ye that's it. Where you can't even see the stage properly

Kevbrady38 wrote: »
    Ye that's it. Where you can't even see the stage properly

Have you seen the stage for this tour? It can be seen from the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Kevbrady38

Have you seen the stage for this tour? It can be seen from the moon.

I am judging by the layout of the GnR set up. The area that is the standing A area is top of the hill behind other rigs for lighting ect. You might be able to see the far half of the stage

Advertisement