Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I have my doubts on the accuracy of that. Ghost are playing for an hour and there’s no way there’d only be a 15 minute gap between them and Metallica. I’d say it’ll be closer to 8:15/8:30 before Metallica come on if the other times are correct.

ghost will do 45mins i'd say
    foos were on 7.45 8 so i'd imagine same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Are they Zone A?

Hi ya

Nope, there is the big area in front of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

EDIT: Whoops, should of refreshed a page from earlier today before posting that. My bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

marko93 wrote: »
    EDIT: Whoops, should of refreshed a page from earlier today before posting that. My bad!

From MCD just now,

STAGE TIMES
    3:00pm FANGCLUB
    4:00pm BOKASSA
    5:15pm STIFF LITTLE FINGERS
    6:45pm GHOST
    8:00pm METALLICA
    11:00pm CURFEW

ED

Arrive 17:00 in time for SLF
    Dinner from 18:45 to 19:55 thus missing Ghost
    Metallica from 20:00
    sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Arrive 17:00 in time for SLF
    Dinner from 18:45 to 19:55 thus missing Ghost
    Metallica from 20:00
    sorted

Enjoy your ****e dinner

• Advertisement

will do thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Are the 99.50 tickets general standing and not the area at the back?
    If it has 99.50 on the ticket it’s the main standing area yea?
    Just wondering as I will be picking up a second hand one soon and just want to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

wally1990 wrote: »
    Hi ya

Nope, there is the big area in front of that.

Just curious as to why you're selling 2 x €99.50 + Fee tickets for €120/€150?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I'd say because its not sold out and there ae loads for sale on adverts, etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Hi ya , to be honest my fear is I won't sell them.

Nothing dodgy if your thinking that ,

just there is so many tickets online and I don't wanna be stuck with them and lose everything.

My dad was supposed to take them off me and pay full price but he is now deciding not to go with his GF so he let me down.

Pretty much it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

bennyl10 wrote: »
    ghost will do 45mins i'd say
    foos were on 7.45 8 so i'd imagine same here

Ghost have had an hour every night on the tour so far so I doubt it’ll her different here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gonna be there for two, simply can't beat a good day of live music. Hopefully we get good weather

On MCD's site it says that queuing before gates open is not allowed. Given that the entrance is on a road this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I had my ticket for sale at €80 for a good few days. Thought I'd have to drop the price but it sold. If you want to guarantee getting at least something back for them you're better off taking a small hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Have to laugh at this bit -

"All concert goes must return to the relevant pick up location by 21,45 for collection after the show."

How in gods name? Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I like that they have specifically mentioned tridents in the list of not allowed items. There goes my plans.

Tridents and Light Sabers

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

anyone know if you can save a space in the camping area? like save a car space for a friend?

• Advertisement

No nitrous oxide allowed...guess the cast of Fast and Furious won't be allowed in so :(

No large backpacks - what constitutes as a small/large backpack?

No moshing allowed either....we may as well be going to mass with all the rules and regulations they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

If I wanted to drive up sat morn from cork how close to the event will I be able to park?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

shamrock55 wrote: »
    If I wanted to drive up sat morn from cork how close to the event will I be able to park?

At the nearest available car space ?
    :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

shamrock55 wrote: »

You can park in a field about a two minute walk away thats what I did for Guns n Roses the last time very handy you have to take the odd backroad but its worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Have to laugh at this bit -

"All concert goes must return to the relevant pick up location by 21,45 for collection after the show."

Do their parents have to collect them and sign them out too ?? :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Has anyone else bought an enhanced package like myself cause it says on it that your allowed in early but on mcd it says no queueing/waiting outside before hand

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Has anyone else bought an enhanced package like myself cause it says on it that your allowed in early but on mcd it says no queueing/waiting outside before hand

You will probably be let in early and won't have to queue.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

mimimcmc wrote: »
    anyone know if you can save a space in the camping area? like save a car space for a friend?

No, don't think so - the way they guide you in to the camping field is that the cars are in a line and the tents directly behind them, and they alternate that way, with just walkways for pedestrians. So if your friends arrive at a later time to you there wont be lane to lead them into a space beside you.

Similarly you are stuck in your spot until the cars around you clear away the next day so you can move.

If you want to camp side by side then your best bet is to meet up on the roadside outside of the village and stick together in a convoy to the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Neyite wrote: »
    No, don't think so - the way they guide you in to the camping field is that the cars are in a line and the tents directly behind them, and they alternate that way, with just walkways for pedestrians. So if your friends arrive at a later time to you there wont be lane to lead them into a space beside you.

Similarly you are stuck in your spot until the cars around you clear away the next day so you can move.

If you want to camp side by side then your best bet is to meet up on the roadside outside of the village and stick together in a convoy to the campsite.

Will try do that so, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Duffy98 wrote: »

Got Shortest Straw tickets but don't know what the story is regarding the early entry.

Ill be in a pub in Slane anyway, wont be heading in until SLF.

Advertisement