Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Semtax

Neyite wrote: »
    Similarly you are stuck in your spot until the cars around you clear away the next day so you can move.

Jeezz that sounds like a bit of pain. How long have you been left waiting to get out the next morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,662 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Have to laugh at this bit -

"All concert goes must return to the relevant pick up location by 21,45 for collection after the show."

Wtf

21 :45 ???

Typo surely ??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Got Shortest Straw tickets but don't know what the story is regarding the early entry.

Ill be in a pub in Slane anyway, wont be heading in until SLF.

Not unless you have a local residents pass

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Semtax wrote: »
    Jeezz that sounds like a bit of pain. How long have you been left waiting to get out the next morning?

Its not too bad, we packed up and left around 10 on the sunday morn, and it was straight out. And we were on the very far corner from the entrance.
    It was rammed packed on the sat night , and by the time we woke on sunday, the field was half empty.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Semtax wrote: »

I think they organise it a bit better now and leave room for people to move out. We had no issue after Guns N Roses and left early enough on Sunday morning. For the Foos in 2015 it was a lot less organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Just watched that public safety press video on mcd's page they said that they expect 75,000 people on the day. Didnt realise they have sold that much i heard it would be half full if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

40 quid for the bus from town!

Speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭klose

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Just watched that public safety press video on mcd's page they said that they expect 75,000 people on the day. Didnt realise they have sold that much i heard it would be half full if anything

All the talk of poor sales were pretty baseless from what I could see, for all we know it'll be half empty of nearly sold out we will see on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Which camping are people going for...there appears to be two? Castleparkslane and slanecamping , I only noticed the Castle Park one today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

Plenty of tickets up on adverts and done deal, really hope touts get a stinging on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They didn't mention do Golden circle ticket holders have a different entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »

Probably come in the same entrances on the grounds as everyone else, then proceed to Golden Circle designated area.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

PTH2009 wrote: »

You come in the same entrance and then theres a separate entrance in the field/general area fir golden circle ticket holders then thats how it works where you just show the ticket and all that they didnt mention anything about other ticket holders your right there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Duffy98 wrote: »

I've read reports of figures of between 50 - 75k tickets sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I've read figures of between 50 - 75k tickets sold

Mountcharles was saying in the IT that around 10% of tickets were sold to non-Irish addresses so it seems there are a lot of people travelling over to seems them at Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Anyone know what the Sunday morning is like around Slane for bagging? Will probably indulge in some liquor on the night but afraid of getting bagged on the way out of there next morning with this zero limit law. May just keep it handy to save my skin. Any experience from anyone here in years gone by?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

sabrewulf wrote: »

Speechless.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

On MCD's site it says that queuing before gates open is not allowed. Given that the entrance is on a road this makes sense.

It would make more sense if the road wasn't going to be closed from 8:30am...:confused:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Speechless.
    can they actually be got that cheaply? thought it was only TM now, which is 40 + a fiver in fees.

it would be interesting to see the actual average cost for people going to slane, and compare to if it had been held elsewhere. e.g. if it was in Cork you would have got a lot more locals going, as they would not have the travel expense to be factored in.

Reminds me of couples having an "out of county/country" wedding as it can be a lot cheaper if their county/country is expensive, but then the guests end up having to pay a hell of a lot more for the commute & possible hotel they would not otherwise have had to fork out for.
    klose wrote: »
    All the talk of poor sales were pretty baseless from what I could see, for all we know it'll be half empty of nearly sold out we will see on the day.
    they were selling the vip ones half price early on, or a good 100euro off. That was a sure sign of struggling, along with rakes of ads.
    endainoz wrote: »
    Plenty of tickets up on adverts and done deal, really hope touts get a stinging on this one.
    what sort of touts are you on about? do you really think people were buying loads of these very expensive tickets expecting to sell on at a big profit? "street touts" buy and sell only on the day, buy at he going rate and sell at the going rate, a street tout will rarely loose because of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Not unless you have a local residents pass

Staying with friends in Slane, they organising that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

rubadub wrote:
    what sort of touts are you on about? do you really think people were buying loads of these very expensive tickets expecting to sell on at a big profit? "street touts" buy and sell only on the day, buy at he going rate and sell at the going rate, a street tout will rarely loose because of this.

The touts I'm talking about are the ones trying to sell Electric Picnic tickets for 350 euro. Plenty of touts online and given the amount of tickets on sale, chances are a good few of them are people who were banking on this selling out and making a profit.

So yeah, those lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Speechless.

Which is why we decided to use GoCar. Four of us going and so it works out at just €11.25 each for the car for 24 hours (with the promo of €25 off for new users).

New users would want to sign up fast though as they can take three to four days to approve an account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Speechless.

plus the €5 booking fee. unreal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Which is why we decided to use GoCar. Four of us going and so it works out at just €11.25 each for the car for 24 hours (with the promo of €25 off for new users).

New users would want to sign up fast though as they can take three to four days to approve an account.

Gocar is no good if you want to have pints though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Did I hear right that there's complimentary buses from Navan and Drogheda?

Anyone know what time the pubs in Slane open on the Saturday? 10 am or later

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Anyone know what time the pubs in Slane open on the Saturday? 10 am or later

No access to the town unless you have a residents pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

klose wrote: »

Very true, no one outside of MCD will know how its sold until we see on the day.

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    No access to the town unless you have a residents pass

Ohhhhh right

Jeez. Thanks for pointing that out

My plans for the day are going to have to change significantly !!

Advertisement