Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,662 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

threein99 wrote: »
    Very true, no one outside of MCD will know how its sold until we see on the day.

I called it on this thread last week. The ticket worries were fake news ha

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could be a nightmare regarding the golden circle if I still have too walk through the GA crowd

Really should be separate entrances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I called it on this thread last week. The ticket worries were fake news ha

People get very obsessed with ticket sales, I couldn't care less if there is 75 or 75000 tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,662 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

People get very obsessed with ticket sales, I couldn't care less if there is 75 or 75000 tickets sold.

Me neither. Less numbers mean more closer proximity to the stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could be a nightmare regarding the golden circle if I still have too walk through the GA crowd

How come ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Do you want a red carpet ? ? :eek:

Walking through the riff raff.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Any good sites for Metallica tshirts that will have it here before next Friday?!

LouD2016 wrote: »
    Any good sites for Metallica tshirts that will have it here before next Friday?!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

greenspurs wrote: »
    Do you want a red carpet ? ? :eek:

Walking through the riff raff.

Nah for the price of the tickets you would expect too walk too too circle in comfort

You easily not access it if the GA is packed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    Nah for the price of the tickets you would expect too walk too too circle in comfort

We ll be making sure you folks don't have an easy ride to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

It's not that bad at all to get to the golden circle theres usually a bit of a path and it only really gets busy when the support are on it will be empty when fangclub and stiff figners will be on itll only be packed when Ghost and Metallica are on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Snob

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Semtax wrote: »
    Jeezz that sounds like a bit of pain. How long have you been left waiting to get out the next morning?

Not long for Gn'R. That was the only time we camped so I can't compare to previous years, but we were awake around 10, tents were being dismantled around us so we got a coffee and a bite to eat and then took down the tent and packed up. We might have been waiting about an hour after that to be able to drive away, but the morning after a session we would be in no rush anyway. But there was no traffic jam out of the village so we were out the field and on the road right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Pretty little thing :o
    Genuinely..
    https://www.prettylittlething.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=metallica

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Hahaha! Seriously?! Can you imagine the logistics of having a separate entrance to access an area right in front of the stage! What time are you planning on getting in? The crowd won't be too bad until much later in the day.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

You easily not access it if the GA is packed

Oh you are such a joker ! :D

:confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

mimimcmc wrote: »

That just goes to prove that before they sold them, their target audience had absolutely no interest but now that they're selling them, they all want one.

I've no issue with women who haven't a clue who Metallica are wearing them as it just advertises the band. The gripe I have is with herd mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

You can get into Slane for a pint via the Drogheda and Collon road basically all northern traffic and have car parks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

At GnR they had midgets ferrying Gold Circle people on tuk tuks from the carparks and castle to the gold circle entrance but you have to prebook.. hospitality@slanecastle.ie

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

At GnR they had midgets ferrying Gold Circle people on tuk tuks from the carparks and castle to the gold circle entrance but you have to prebook.. hospitality@slanecastle.ie

The lad says he gets anxiety in crowds, so fair play to him for sucking up his fears and buying a ticket to Slane even though it's way out of his comfort zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Every other Slane year, Pennys has had the band logo shirts out - not this year for some reason. Was really hoping to get a good one :o

Edit: Also boohoo is good for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Rihanna7

Stressed & anxious about going on my own guys :( i don't suppose anyone else is?

Rihanna7 wrote: »
    Stressed & anxious about going on my own guys :( i don't suppose anyone else is?

I suggested a boards meet up at the gig, you won't be on your own ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Big Nasty wrote: »
    No access to the town unless you have a residents pass
    There is it you come via drogheda or North/ardee/collon direction. People coming from Dublin won't get in, not fully sure about navan direction depends on the year & who your dealing with, sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

That just goes to prove that before they sold them, their target audience had absolutely no interest but now that they're selling them, they all want one.

I've no issue with women who haven't a clue who Metallica are wearing them as it just advertises the band. The gripe I have is with herd mentality.

okaaayyyyy

They sell them for men too ya know...

Luckily Im not one of those women - I just want a t shirt for the gig ;)

okaaayyyyy

They sell them for men too ya know...

Luckily Im not one of those women - I just want a t shirt for the gig ;)

That's different when you're actually into the music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gatekeeping over tshirts is a bit much.

Please provide your true fan licence before purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

similar here, going on my own but have friends in both campsites and don't know which group to go with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I've seen them 6/7 times and the best they have been is in the 3Arena, big outdoor venues don't suit them.

Best I've seen is The Point in '96.

Probably best concert of my entire life.... and I got Lars' Coke cup ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT6QCzQvnfA&t=291s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

In the same boat here but I couldn't miss this.

Advertisement