Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

D.Q wrote: »
    Gatekeeping over tshirts is a bit much.

Please provide your true fan licence before purchase.

Exactly. Who cares who wears what? I couldn’t give a sh1t if Kim Cardashisn wants to wear a Metallica T-shirt but couldn’t name a Metallica song.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

D.Q wrote: »
    Gatekeeping over tshirts is a bit much.

Please provide your true fan licence before purchase.

I agree, I wasn't gatekeeping at all (as I said it's advertisement for the band), just saying that I don't like the herd mentality.

Each to their own and beers for all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Neyite wrote: »
    At GnR they had midgets ferrying Gold Circle people on tuk tuks from the carparks and castle to the gold circle entrance but you have to prebook.. hospitality@slanecastle.ie

The lad says he gets anxiety in crowds, so fair play to him for sucking up his fears and buying a ticket to Slane even though it's way out of his comfort zone.
    Apologies then i hadnt read that..no need to worry thou..when you enter at the back there are very few people and there is a pathway down to the left of the stage as you look down at it which is kept fairly clear and will bring you down to the gold circle entrance..the area outside this is also fairly empty..just look for the icecream van parked to left of stage beside food stands and head for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Wailin

mrcheez wrote: »
    Best I've seen is The Point in '96.

Probably best concert of my entire life.... and I got Lars' Coke cup ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT6QCzQvnfA&t=291s

Actually thought 92 in the point was the best ever gig. Yes it wasn't the full diamond stage but 3 hrs of metallica and the setlist was unbelievable. Crowd were unreal too.

None of the snobby **** that came after the black album was played :D.

Also, my 1st proper gig so that might have something to do with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

horgan_p wrote: »
    Gocar is no good if you want to have pints though

Why? Lots of people are driving down and back that will be drinking. I will be.

I'll have my last drink around 9pm and will be driving back around 10am.

I'd say the majority of people that will drive down (and back the next day) will be drinking on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

On the t-shirts, I got one from Boohoo. No shame, it was a nice t-shirt and probably about half the price of a t-shirt at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Rihanna7

Oh it would be great if we could meetup 😂😂 im getting bus there & back so need to kill time before it starts

T-shirts today seem to fall apart.

The And Justice... white t-shirt I bough in '88 lasted me 74 years, or at least it seemed like it did, damn thing was bulletproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

T-shirts today seem to fall apart.

The And Justice... white t-shirt I bough in '88 lasted me 74 years, or at least it seemed like it did, damn thing was bulletproof.

74 years? You living in the future? :pac:

I was exaggerating for metaphorical purposes :P

• Advertisement

How accurate are these weather boffins, as current prediction looking not too bad.

june8th.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

How accurate are these weather boffins, as current prediction looking not too bad.

june8th.png

wait till next week before going mad on the weather i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Carmelo Flaky Comic

Is golden circle compleatly separate? I only bought them as they where the early tickets available but most of my buddies have normal tickets I assume you don't have to go to the golden circle area right?

No, you don't have to go in, it's up to yourself..... you have to walk through the general standing area to get to the GC, so just stay in there if that's what you want.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

On the t-shirts, I got one from Boohoo. No shame, it was a nice t-shirt and probably about half the price of a t-shirt at the gig.

Pfft. Real fans handweave their t-shirts from scratch and dye them with Lars' tears. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Neyite wrote: »
    Pfft. Real fans handweave their t-shirts from scratch and dye them with Lars' tears. :D

And I just bought the Metallica dress from Boohoo :o:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Why? Lots of people are driving down and back that will be drinking. I will be.

I'll have my last drink around 9pm and will be driving back around 10am.

I'd say the majority of people that will drive down (and back the next day) will be drinking on the day.

Where are you going to sleep?

Can you just walk around to the Drogheda road entrance into Slane and go into local pubs that way?

Where are you going to sleep?

One mate is sleeping in the back of the Tucson (seats fold down) and the rest of us are in tents.

One mate is sleeping in the back of the Tucson and the rest of us are in tents.

So youre camping? Why do you have to rent a car to go camping? No point comparing bus prices to a rental car then either as people getting the bus are going home that night.

• Advertisement

So youre camping? Why do you have to rent a car to go camping?

Where did I say I 'had' to rent a car?

There are four (maybe 5) of us going and we chose this option over the bus as it works out cheaper for us.
    No point comparing bus prices to a rental car then either as people getting the bus are going home that night.

Eh, people don't have to camp. If five people are going and only one of them doesn't drink, then they can go home right after the gig if they want and all five will have got up and back (from Dublin at least) for the guts of €50 (with their new customer offer).

Its just an option is all. Feel free to do your own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

I cant get over the prices for buses in and out of Dublin.

I'm paying 30 for a return ticket to Galway with Travelmaster.ie!

Where did I say I 'had' to rent a car?

There are four (maybe 5) of us going and we chose this option over the bus as it works out cheaper for us.

Eh, people don't have to camp. If five people are going and only one of them doesn't drink, then they can go home right after the gig if they want and all five will have got up and back (from Dublin at least) for the guts of €50 (with their new customer offer).

Its just an option is all. Feel free to do your own thing.

But do you not have your own cars? Just as the other poster said to you, gocar is no good if you want pints. I just don't see it as a good deal at all. No biggie. I've booked a bus for 30 return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

How much is parking by the way?

I cant get over the prices for buses in and out of Dublin.

I'm paying 30 for a return ticket to Galway with Travelmaster.ie!

Marathon were doing buses for 30 from Dublin, think that offer may be gone now. Still not great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

getting Travelmaster up myself from Waterford City

€35 but had 50% off so got it for €17.50

getting hyped for this concert now and hopefully ill make the golden circle easy enough

I just don't see it as a good deal at all. No biggie. I've booked a bus for 30 return.

It' might not be a good option for you, but five return bus tickets is very expensive and so it's absolutely a good alternative for a group of four or five if one of them doesn't drink. You're talking about a saving of between €100 and €140.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

PTH2009 wrote: »

getting hyped for this concert now and hopefully ill make the golden circle easy enough

Do you think they'll just be giving out pit passes for free if you're in early enough?

It' might not be a good option for you, but five return bus tickets is very expensive and so it's absolutely a good alternative for a group of four or five if one of them doesn't drink. You're talking about a saving of between €100 and €140.

Why not drive their own car down? That would save them over 50 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

PTH2009 wrote: »

170 odd quid for the Golden Circle tickets

Advertisement