Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Why not drive their own car down? That would save them over 50 euro.
    Excellent idea, we should tell everyone that uses GoCar that what they should really be doing all the time is using their own cars. Silly fools.
    How much is parking by the way?

Eminem was €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Excellent idea, we should tell everyone that uses GoCar that what they should really be doing all the time is using their own cars. Silly fools.

Eminem was €10.

For goign to Slane anyway, especially if theyre driving back up. Why waste money? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Do you think they'll just be giving out pit passes for free if you're in early enough?

At GnR they had midgets ferrying Gold Circle people on tuk tuks from the carparks and castle to the gold circle entrance but you have to prebook.. hospitality@slanecastle.ie

They were referring to the queue for the midget tuk tuks, not getting in without a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

For goign to Slane anyway, especially if theyre driving back up. Why waste money? :)

Maybe they don't own cars? Maybe they do own cars but need a bigger one to fit people and their camping stuff? What does it matter anyway? This person is sharing what was a good solution to them - it might not be for you but it might help someone else.

Maybe they don't own cars? Maybe they do own cars but need a bigger one to fit people and their camping stuff? What does it matter anyway? This person is sharing what was a good solution to them - it might not be for you but it might help someone else.

No biggie but it just explains why someone said that this option wouldn't allow the drinking of pints and why it was a valid comment. That's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Can you just walk around to the Drogheda road entrance into Slane and go into local pubs that way?

From where are you looking to walk from, cause unless your coming from drogheda or the North your not getting into the village, possibly might get in from navan side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

glucifer wrote: »
    Isn't it a zone at the top of the hill miles away from the stage?

No mentions of Zone A on the map, MCD are willing to take €10 to change your ticket, I’ve been tweeting them to try find out before I part with my cash but alas no reply
    slane-map.png

krusty411 wrote: »
    From where are you looking to walk from, cause unless your coming from drogheda or the North your not getting into the village, possibly might get in from navan side

There's no sneaky way to walk around to the Drogheda side?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

I doubt it the pits worth 2,500 quid if you want to buy it if that was the case any person up camping would just get it youve to win it by entering on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

There's no sneaky way to walk around to the Drogheda side?

I'm going to presume your coming from Dublin, so no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Rihanna7 wrote: »
    Stressed & anxious about going on my own guys :( i don't suppose anyone else is?

Don't be. I've been to Slane numerous times and everytime I've lost my friends and been on my own for more than 3 quarters of the gig. Just enjoy the show man. Plenty of chatty people around if you're after a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Anyone know what the story is with the Shortest Straw entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Anyone know what the story is with the Shortest Straw entrance?

Been wondering that myself! Hopefully they use a bit of signage somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Been wondering that myself! Hopefully they use a bit of signage somewhere

Any idea what the deal is with getting the special poster , merchandise gift and all of the other stuff that comes with it cause I havent heard a thing about it I assume they check the ticket and just hand it to you in a bag on the day or something

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Folks.

Go on YouTube and look up Metallica Moscow 1991

Wow. Just wow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Folks.

Wow. Just wow

Seattle 89 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If we're talking best live performances, then it has to be S&M

Not the 50 shades kind, Symphony and Metallica

Seattle 89 for best live normal gig, San Diego 92 close behind with the inclusion of the Black album bumping up the setlist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Hey guys, Where's the best place to sell a few tickets? Have some spare between me and the mother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Folks.

Wow. Just wow
    D.Q wrote: »
    Seattle 89 for me

The Troubadour in West Hollywood in May '88, 4 months before ...And Justice For All was released.

Or their Castle Donington '85 set.

The Remastered/Deluxe versions of their albums are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hey guys, Where's the best place to sell a few tickets? Have some spare between me and the mother :)

Any pics of yore ma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭dasdog

It will be Slane number four for me, 93/98/01 prior, and I've always enjoyed the day out. I was up voting last Friday and dropped in to the family home and my mam gave me about 20 tickets she'd kept from my early to mid teens (1988-1991) mostly Thrash Metal gigs. Seems I met the whole of Sepultura in 1990 and Zakk Wylde when Ozzy played McGonagles amoung others going by the signed tickets and a £9.50 Metallica ticket was in there. Pretty much was explaining they are still on the go and about to play Slane. I still can't believe this is happening. Slane was for the really, really big acts...mostly with integrity it should be said. But from a hall of 1,200 in Dun Laoghaire* to this, I'm looking forward to it.

*Actually I'm going there on Sunday to see The Charlatans and Primal Scream

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭dasdog

Almost communist era reporting gloriously bad in it's own quaint way. Size of the crowd though. Begged to go to this but I was too young.

One really good thing about the Slane gig is the band will be coming off a near month lay off from their last gig

You'd hope that would lead to a better performance than one in the middle of any of their 2 week European runs they're doing on this tour

Plus since Slane is supposedly on their bucket list of venues we shouldn't get a hello Dublin on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

One really good thing about the Slane gig is the band will be coming off a near month lay off from their last gig

You'd hope that would lead to a better performance than one in the middle of any of their 2 week European runs they're doing on this tour

Plus since Slane is supposedly on their bucket list of venues we shouldn't get a hello Dublin on the night

Surprisingly the Tour dates t-shirt has Slane Castle, Meath, Ireland on it.

0e1b9a2b8cc220247edfece5003661f62ca8a61d.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭roadmaster

dasdog wrote: »

Almost communist era reporting gloriously bad in it's own quaint way. Size of the crowd though. Begged to go to this but I was too young.

Good value at around €40 in today’s money

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Surprisingly the Tour dates t-shirt has Slane Castle, Meath, Ireland on it.

Should be good on the night so for James not to eff up, that and when they're doing Whiskey he doesn't say rapier twice like he did in 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Should be good on the night so for James not to eff up, that and when they're doing Whiskey he doesn't say rapier twice like he did in 2006

Hahaha that's a hilarious grievance to carry around for 13 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

My first gig, I was 12. Thank goodness for having fantastic older cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭klose

I've heard a couple of people who went who too said it was a disappointing gig, thought it might just have been them thinking it but interesting to see the news report it. A bit before my time that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Do you think they'll just be giving out pit passes for free if you're in early enough?

No.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement