Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kevbrady38

Thunder and lightning forecast for slane on the Friday, camping will he interesting haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Ride The Lightning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Kevbrady38 wrote: »
    Thunder and lightning forecast for slane on the Friday, camping will he interesting haha

The Gods take revenge eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

klose wrote: »
    I've heard a couple of people who went who too said it was a disappointing gig, thought it might just have been them thinking it but interesting to see the news report it. A bit before my time that.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but slane in general for me has been woeful. Very hit and miss with sound, I don't think the band's can be faulted.

That being said..I always have a great time. Hoping to pick up a touts ticket nice and cheap on the day to get one over on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,044 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Toobz wrote: »
    Not to rain on anyone's parade but slane in general for me has been woeful. Very hit and miss with sound, I don't think the band's can be faulted.

That being said..I always have a great time. Hoping to pick up a touts ticket nice and cheap on the day to get one over on them.

The Sound was amazing last Year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

The Sound was amazing last Year

The silence was deafening :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,044 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I've heard a couple of people who went who too said it was a disappointing gig, thought it might just have been them thinking it but interesting to see the news report it. A bit before my time that.

Ireland didn't really know how to behave back then, different planet to concerts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Kevbrady38 wrote: »

I'd take that with a pinch of salt ,Met Eireann can barely get tomorrows forecast right not to mind a week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I was there and it was disappointing. A big Queen fan and they didn’t do anything particularly wrong but for some reason they just couldn’t get the crowd going. It was all a bit flat.

Slept in the back of a hiace for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Anyone going up by Travelmaster from Limerick? First time going to Slane, first gig of the year, can't wait for this.

What is the cost of alcohol up there? Is it Croke Park level prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

DarMul17 wrote: »
    Anyone going up by Travelmaster from Limerick? First time going to Slane, first gig of the year, can't wait for this.

27 Euro for a pint of coors and 13 euro for a small glass of rose wine

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

DarMul17 wrote: »

About that yeah. Think it was around 6.50 a pint at Foos a few years ago. Not even decent pints, standard crap like Heineken and Rockshore it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Oh Lars :pac:

61605536_10155994477516244_1177271731497205760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeG5420LmxTZ0wTTsfi10qkQqKmR8XCJF7fx5fUwZmnKWy4JjQt0E6fYY-5wROXp09Ysz-T5SU8zwhDjieFlMnHO1ClEfJpCMxPsQ_LJIZBR2A&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=68f688d23077e770f7758e2a91b18daf&oe=5D884753

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Even Lars knows about the urban sprawl it seems :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oh Lars :pac:

Oh Deary me.

Dublin encompasses all of Ireland now it seems .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

All the bands on the day just say Ireland instead of Dublin/slane/meath etc.

Lars obviously studies Ryanair geography

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All the bands on the day just say Ireland instead of Dublin/slane/meath etc.

Well you'd think Fangclub and Stiff Little Fingers should know where they are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

entropi wrote: »
    Even Lars knows about the urban sprawl it seems :pac:

He should ask his kids about geography

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well you'd think Fangclub and Stiff Little Fingers should know where they are :pac:

Should do

In fairness too Ghost only ones allowed talk ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Should do

In fairness too Ghost only ones allowed talk ha

I'd say Ghost will be back later in the year for their own headline show in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Toodlesberg.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

This one currently expects that day to be free of any rain:

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Slane/long.html

Fingers crossed

sabrewulf wrote: »
    This one currently expects that day to be free of any rain:

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Slane/long.html

Fingers crossed

One of the better weather sites too.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Started a pile in the hall of all the camping stuff we'll need. It's really just food, and more importantly booze to add to the pile on Friday.
    I even got the tent back in it's bag, zipped up and all. I've achieved greatness today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

One of the better weather sites too.

Possibly would prefer hazy sunshine not full on sunburn central

Don’t mind drizzle. Fcuk it we won’t melt

Actually if it is cloudy we will see the screens better than in direct sunlight.

Possibly would prefer hazy sunshine not full on sunburn central

Don’t mind drizzle. Fcuk it we won’t melt

Actually if it is cloudy we will see the screens better than in direct sunlight.

Hopefully there won't be much rain during the week either and the ground will be solid enough on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Hopefully there won't be much rain during the week either and the ground will be solid enough on Saturday.

Yep. Need a good firm surface for the head banging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Do any of the food trucks in the camp sites sell ice, does anyone know? Or the best way of keeping drinks cool? Going up Friday night, getting exciting now!!

Advertisement