Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

From the Slane Castle Facebook page.

And so it begins …the beginning of an epic stage :metal:#6daystogo
    #metallica #slanerocks:guitar:

61845033_10155997711621244_2330405214214946816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_eui2=AeHz3IjHdm2g7Cc9tWrlWicilKdikiIDd3E-23Q8rRxlce0BQpFDNSnMdX0gO-dSo62gMDZc8_PDF86DYK3x_2NQ7doo7cj0OLiD5HWC-I6UGg&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=6d4bfe26b6ed84050343d1afcba53300&oe=5D89948D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Do any of the food trucks in the camp sites sell ice, does anyone know? Or the best way of keeping drinks cool? Going up Friday night, getting exciting now!!

Warm cans are part of the charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hopefully there won't be much rain during the week either and the ground will be solid enough on Saturday.

Unfortunately it looks like there's gonna be more than average rainfall this week, so....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Do any of the food trucks in the camp sites sell ice, does anyone know? Or the best way of keeping drinks cool? Going up Friday night, getting exciting now!!

Get yourself a cool box, stick your cans in and fill with a couple of bags of ice before you leave home on the Friday. Keep the lid on, only open when necessary and keep out of direct sunlight. You should still have cold cans on return to the campsite after the gig on Saturday night (unless you’ve drunk them all of course)!

Seeing as the tour starts back up again this Saturday, would be cool to see this make a return to the set.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it looks like there's gonna be more than average rainfall this week, so....

I'm also hoping the wind dies down before Saturday. Nothing like heavy gusts of wind to play havoc with the sound at open air gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Doesn’t look like it’ll be all that heavy at all.
    Some showers sure, but nothing mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I can't remember them selling ice.

Best thing to do is fill a cooler box with ice and cans the morning you leave and they should stay cool well into Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah no email from HQ about the meet and greet or snake pit pass

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ah no email from HQ about the meet and greet or snake pit pass

That would be Wednesday morning I reckon. The comp is still open

• Advertisement

Yup. from their website. So yeah check Wednesday morning if you're one of the lucky ones.
    Snake Pit and Meet & Greet: Entry period starts Monday, May 27 at 10am Pacific time thru Monday, June 3 at 10am Pacific time. Winners will be emailed by the end of day on Tuesday, June 4.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    From the Slane Castle Facebook page.

And so it begins …the beginning of an epic stage :metal:#6daystogo
    #metallica #slanerocks:guitar:

61845033_10155997711621244_2330405214214946816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_eui2=AeHz3IjHdm2g7Cc9tWrlWicilKdikiIDd3E-23Q8rRxlce0BQpFDNSnMdX0gO-dSo62gMDZc8_PDF86DYK3x_2NQ7doo7cj0OLiD5HWC-I6UGg&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=6d4bfe26b6ed84050343d1afcba53300&oe=5D89948D

Are those diggers small or just far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ahhh lads I fully expect the ringing ears to be just about still ringing this time next week !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Howdy all had a quick question and may have missed the discussion after the tickets went on sale but i purchased the ticket through fan presale and couldnt afford the Golden Circle at the time but noticed my tickets are labeled as Zone A. Reading an article or two online from last year seems to state this is for a spot at the top of the hill? Havnt been to Slane since RHCP but is there really a section at the top of the hill that they limit you to? How is that even enforced these days.

Definitely turns me off going now that i realize / know this if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Whether it will be enforced or not we wont know until the day

But if you want peace of mind i do believe there’s a way to upgrade your ticket for the ~€10 difference in price, its probably through ticketmaster id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Toodlesberg.

Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Meet and Greet winners have been emailed

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

glucifer wrote: »
    Meet and Greet winners have been emailed

My heart when I saw an email from Metallica but it was just too inform me I didnt win it

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Anybody have any luck with the contests?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Snake pit out aswell

No luck

GC will have to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

The golden circle will be class with the stage they have anyway only 4 days away now

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

If we're getting a special treat Please please give us shortest straw or hit the Lights and not fecking Frantic..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

MarkJD wrote: »
    Howdy all had a quick question and may have missed the discussion after the tickets went on sale but i purchased the ticket through fan presale and couldnt afford the Golden Circle at the time but noticed my tickets are labeled as Zone A. Reading an article or two online from last year seems to state this is for a spot at the top of the hill? Havnt been to Slane since RHCP but is there really a section at the top of the hill that they limit you to? How is that even enforced these days.

Definitely turns me off going now that i realize / know this if that is the case.

There's a Gold Circle resale ticket on Ticketmaster for €120 at the minute:
    GC.png

....I'd suggest snapping that up if you're not happy with Zone A and then offload the ticket you have. I know you'll take a hit but fcuk it. Or you could give them a call tomorrow and see if they'll exchange it for if you pay the difference (as they had said they would do shortly after the tickets went on sale and the issue first came to light).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I've two Gold Circle tickets and two Standing tickets if anybody is looking, can't go now :)

Doing my shop later on. Is there any restriction on slabs of cans etc. numbers wise

Doing my shop later on. Is there any restriction on slabs of cans etc. numbers wise

No

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Weather looks like being absolute kack for this 😡

Weather looks like being absolute kack for this 😡

Just like the ticket sales

I’m calling it. Fake news !!!

Met Eireann saying showers and sunshine, hopefully more of the latter than the former

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

camping friday night could be interesting, could be some heavy rain about

Advertisement