Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Can I ask where you booked this or can you just rock up and pay on the day?

I emailed access@mcd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

According to Accuweather, the weather looks fairly good for Saturday

And according to met eireann and yr, there's gonna be a sup of rain, so who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Band are standing in front of the Snake Pit. Both sides of the walkway are Gold Circle.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.todorock.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F09%2Fmetallica-snake-pit-696x464.jpg&f=1

Where do you go if you want a piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Foolish trying to even predict Irish weather on a daily basis. You'll never know what you're gonna get.

That is a question which I don't have the answer to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's not as though you are locked in there. You can leave and go for a piss the same way you can leave the Golden Circle to go for a piss...and then come back again.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Wailin

Just piss into your empty pint and toss it into the golden circle, give em a golden shower :D

That is a question which I don't have the answer to.

Maybe they don't need to go because they can't get a drink either! I'm happier in zone a, you can keep your snakepit. :P

Penfailed wrote: »
    It's not as though you are locked in there. You can leave and go for a piss the same way you can leave the Golden Circle to go for a piss...and then come back again.

Maybe the exit can't be seen on screen but looks like no way out!

Maybe they don't need to go because they can't get a drink either! I'm happier in zone a, you can keep your snakepit. :P

I am not in Zone A, thankfully.

My mate on the other hand, I think he drew the shortest straw :pac:

• Advertisement

I am not in Zone A, thankfully.

Too good for us back there? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

according to the email food and drink is allowed inside the pit but not on the stage

Too good for us back there? :mad:

I didn't buy the ticket, was bought for me :pac:

Going by the map (albeit it's illustrative purposes only) on Ticketmaster, I'm probably somewhere further down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Physical. I booked them over the phone and got them sent in the post. I put them away somewhere, but now I can't remember where......?

Ticketmaster website says there are no replacements for tickets so you had better keep looking

Email them just incase there is something they can do

according to the email food and drink is allowed inside the pit but not on the stage

You can bring your own sambos? :eek:

I didn't buy the ticket, was bought for me :pac:

They splashed out. We saved 10 euro so we could spend it on a pint and one chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

You can bring your own sambos? :eek:

Hang ones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Maybe the exit can't be seen on screen but looks like no way out!

...how did they get in? I'd imagine there's a tunnel on each side near the stage.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

They splashed out. We saved 10 euro so we could spend it on a pint and one chip.

Was a birthday present I genuinely wasn't expecting. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Think they might have done away with zone a, took a walk down to the castle last night when I was out visiting my parents. Didn't see any section zoned off for it, could be down to it not having sold out

• Advertisement

Hang ones

But you won't get your hands on a 10 euro burnt burger! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster website says there are no replacements for tickets so you had better keep looking

Email them just incase there is something they can do

Bollocks

Penfailed wrote: »
    ...how did they get in? I'd imagine there's a tunnel on each side near the stage.

A hidden tunnel? Is there one leading up to Lars? Get his lookalike to play the difficult songs for him.

krusty411 wrote: »
    Think they might have done away with zone a, took a walk down to the castle last night when I was out visiting my parents. Didn't see any section zoned off for it, could be down to it not having sold out

Not doubting your word, and hopefully they have, but you didn't see it, as it hasn't been set up yet?

:D They're letting us out, you're all in trouble now. Us savages are coming to get your hang sambos!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The golden circle looks decent

Only problem is finding the way too it with the one bloody entrance for everyone except the VIP and package holders.

Cant wait for Sat

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Not doubting your word, and hopefully they have, but you didn't see it, as it hasn't been set up yet?
    Possibly, but hard to say though, every other bit of fencing is set up down there by the look of it, chipper vans and all already down there, marquees. Doesn't make sense not to have it set up already

PTH2009 wrote: »

Only problem is finding the way too it with the one bloody entrance for everyone except the VIP and package holders.

Cant wait for Sat

:rolleyes: You'll find it don't worry..

Possibly, but hard to say though, every other bit of fencing is set up down there by the look of it, chipper vans and all already down there, marquees. Doesn't make sense not to have it set up already

Guess we'll just have to wait and find out on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

PTH2009 wrote: »

Cant wait for Sat

It will be easy enough dont worry. You come in the entrance,vear to the right down the hill and you will see the section cordened off and the lads in high vis looking for your pass/ticket

Advertisement