Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

anyone know where you'd pick up some hiking boots around Dublin? Much better than wellies and looks like they'll be needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hoboo wrote: »
    No it's not, sure you've to go through the village to get to the gates!! LMAO.
    It's closed to the extent that unless you have a pass, you can't go into the shops, pubs etc. and rightly so IMO.

Thats what I was referring to.

Do people still use LMAO ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Anyone have experience before of going to the pubs in Slane village before the gig?

I want to see Tyrone v Donegal at 5pm but I'd imagine everywhere will be wedged.

Was considering watching it in Navan but it would be running it tight for making it in before Metallica go on stage.

Village will be open, and so are all the pubs. They'll be rammed full, coyningham arms usually shuts for locals and guests only bit others are open, long queues to get in.

Forget getting to the gig from navan. Navan to Slane is a bottleneck, you'll have to walk for miles all.day, you won't make the concert.

I'd advise anyone.coming from that side to go duleek m1.collon Slane. There's a few backroads on Google maps between collon Rd and slane. Nothing but taxis.

Get to collon or Drogheda, and then go in by the collon road. You'll get to within a mile of the village, much wider road and well organised. Same for going home. Get to the back for last half hour and hit the road the second the last song is over. You'll be in Drogheda in an hour including the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

D.Q wrote: »
    anyone know where you'd pick up some hiking boots around Dublin? Much better than wellies and looks like they'll be needed.

No point, you won't break them in in time and you'll end up crippled
    Stick with the wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

It's closed to the extent that unless you have a pass, you can't go into the shops, pubs etc. and rightly so IMO.

It's never ever been that way, shops open at the front, pubs are rammed. Most locals (I know) have parties at home or just stay at home, don't bother with the crowds.

Passes are to get in and out through checkpoints without a ticket and that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭dasdog

No point, you won't break them in in time and you'll end up crippled
    Stick with the wellies

Yep, I'll be paying a visit to sports direct for a cheap pair. Doesn't look like the ground will dry out and there is high probability of more rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm delighted for those of you who got stuck with Zone A tickets that you won't be separated out, but it's a bit shitty that they charged the rest of us an extra tenner per ticket for nothing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm delighted for those of you who got stuck with Zone A tickets that you won't be separated out, but it's a bit shitty that they charged the rest of us an extra tenner per ticket for nothing :confused:

Im going to say the extra €10 is going to help Hetfields bee farm

There’s no chance it’s just going into some MCD guys pocket right...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just picked up a couple of good quality ponchos so that'll do me if it starts raining on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Called MCD yesterday and zone A won't be setup.

I hope you recorded that conversation because Ticketmaster still charging €10 to upgrade your ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

bennyl10 wrote: »
    If MCD are saying 75000 that means about 60K usually

All soundings are that it's sold well.
    not hundreds of tickets available for comps and its in 4 days.

Compare it to T.Swift for example

Taylor Swift played 2 nights. That's where the problem lay - overestimated the demand for a second show.
    Not comparable with Metallica gig - one night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Sports Direct have reduced hiking shoes/boots, got a pair of shoes for 46 euro in their Earl Street store.

I wore Converse to the Foos in 2015 hoping the weather wouldnt be too bad, I was 100% wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Weather reports starting to sound a bit more positive:

Met eireann latest update at 12ish this afternoon
    Friday: Will start dry in most areas with a few bright or sunny spells breaking through the cloud. The best of the sunshine is likely to be in the east in the early morning. Through the course of the afternoon some scattered showers will develop, with some cloudier conditions and possibly longer spells of rain developing along the east and southeast coast by late afternoon or evening time. Highest temperatures 14 to 16 degrees Celsius. Breezes will be mostly light and variable in direction.

Friday night: Cloudy in the east and northeast with patchy outbreaks of rain and drizzle, elsewhere dry with clear spells and just and isolated shower. Lowest temperatures 6 or 7 Celsius. Northwest breezes will be mostly moderate in strength.

Saturday: A cloudy start in the northeast with outbreaks of rain and drizzle, elsewhere a good deal of dry weather to start the day apart from an isolated shower. Some bright or sunny intervals will occur through the course of the afternoon along with scattered showers. A few of the showers turning heavy especially in the southwest and west with the slight risk of a thundery burst. Highs of 13 to 15 Celsius with light variable breezes.

Sunday: Will start dry in the east and northeast of the country with a few bright or sunny spells, a few light showers will occur over the western half of the country. Through the course of the afternoon the showers will become more widespread across the country with a few turning heavy and possibly thundery in the afternoon and evening. Highest temperatures of 14 to 16 Celsius with light variable breezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭boccers

Anyone any idea what beer will be on sale on Saturday? I've seen Rockshore mentioned but don't think anyone knew for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'm going to go to the Ticketmaster outlet in the Square tomorrow

I got sorted. Rang Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

boccers wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what beer will be on sale on Saturday? I've seen Rockshore mentioned but don't think anyone knew for definite.

Does it matter? You can't bring anything in with you, you can't drink on the buses so your only options are to get well tanked before even getting on the bus or drinking what they have to offer at Slane. It sucks but they obviously want to make as much money as possible in the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

No one knows for definite...in the same way that no one knows how many tickets have sold.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Usually Heineken, some sort of cider, some wine, prosecco and I presume metallica's own enter night pilsner beer cause its been on sale at all there other gigs in Europe so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Enjoy!

16c9rgg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Does it matter? You can't bring anything in with you, you can't drink on the buses so your only options are to get well tanked before even getting on the bus or drinking what they have to offer at Slane. It sucks but they obviously want to make as much money as possible in the venue.

Or sit in the comfort of your camp chair and drink cans from your cooler all afternoon then stroll over to the gig around 7.30pm :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

threein99 wrote: »
    How many tickets have sold ?

He doesn't know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

is there a Zone A this year ? Cant see any info about this on the official map for the venue from mcd

SLANE-SITEMAP-1024x648.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

bennyl10 wrote: »
    About 60/70K have been sold,
    Not as many as GnR but not poorly either

60k saw gnr in 92 and It was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭boccers

You can't drink on the bus out there :eek:? Is that for definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

Hey lads have 2 return tickets with bus eireann booked but they're dropping us off at the boyne lodge in drogheda which according to maps is a 3 hour walk? No wonder there were so many tickets left.. thinking of just writing the 60 euro off and finding another way down and back any suggestions? Coming from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Carpentry wrote: »
    is there a Zone A this year ? Cant see any info about this on the official map for the venue from mcd

SLANE-SITEMAP-1024x648.png

This is the most anyone knows here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110358741&postcount=1880

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Can someone with a zone A ticket let me know if that goes ahead? I’ll apply for a refund if there is none. Worth asking.

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Hey lads have 2 return tickets with bus eireann booked but they're dropping us off at the boyne lodge

Hardly ,
    this isnt the first slane you know.

Patrons travelling to the Concert from Dublin on Dublin Shuttle bus (Dublin Bus and Marathon) will travel towards Slane on the Dublin Road (N2) and passengers will disembark at the Green Bus Depot (Fennor Cross).

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

Hardly ,
    this isnt the first slane you know.

Patrons travelling to the Concert from Dublin on Dublin Shuttle bus (Dublin Bus and Marathon) will travel towards Slane on the Dublin Road (N2) and passengers will disembark at the Green Bus Depot (Fennor Cross).

Those aren't bus Eireann and it says on my ticket Boyne lodge stop(I know I should have googled before clicking buy)

• Advertisement

Get to there and you will surely hitch a lift down.
    getting back on the other hand ..........

Advertisement