Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Nope, at GnR was nothing there. Was standing around there for it.

**** that will just pay them the tenner now, luckily we noticed it on the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the bands flying into Ireland got mixed up, Slane getting the Cure and Malahide getting Metallica. :D:eek::cool:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Looks to be a brrrier built there alright between top of hill and lower.
    The barriers that you see there are actually to stop the lads driving anywhere they like when setting up, they have to stick to the little roads this way

You think they’ll be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

You think they’ll be gone

Yes, they've been there when setting up the last few gigs, so fully expect them to be gone again this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked before so apologies for that.

is standing and zone 1 the same thing? if any help the tickets cost 99.5 + 7.15 service charge.

many thanks, and hope we all enjoy! :)

hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked before so apologies for that.

is standing and zone 1 the same thing? if any help the tickets cost 99.5 + 7.15 service charge.

many thanks, and hope we all enjoy! :)

It was confirmed by MCD back in September that tickets which say Zone A are for a new area at the back on the hill although there seems to be a few reports that may not be happening now and it’ll be the same as previous years, who knows, if it says Zone A on your ticket you can call Ticketmaster and pay €10 to change to general admission(standing), there doesn’t appear to be any segregation on the site map

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SHELDON88

Crap! My ticket is zoneA
    kg703 wrote: »
    Can someone with a zone A ticket let me know if that goes ahead? I’ll apply for a refund if there is none. Worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Is that some seating there at slane, didn't realise there was seating

That's probably VIP seating? And I think the Accessible area is at the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

Initially I had bought zone A tickets but changed them to standing after realising where zone A was...contacted MCD today to ask about standing versus zone A to be told that there is definitely no zone A and there was going to be a zone A but not anymore... I gave Ticketmaster a call and they said they never heard of this and have not been told officially by MCD...I called MCD back and they said that I can send an email to MCD so I will have something in writing from MCD to show Ticketmaster and to apply for a refund... I contacted Ticketmaster again by email and they basically said it's not their problem.. it cost us 20 euro plus service admin charges to change them and that money will go towards a poncho for the rain that's expected to fall for the weekend so I will be looking for a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 SHELDON88

don't think ticketmaster will give me refund😞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does anyone know what Slane camping are like with refunds? Looking like we might have a dropout and would be an awful waste of €30

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

It was confirmed by MCD back in September that tickets which say Zone A are for a new area at the back on the hill although there seems to be a few reports that may not be happening now and it’ll be the same as previous years, who knows, if it says Zone A on your ticket you can call Ticketmaster and pay €10 to change to general admission(standing), there doesn’t appear to be any segregation on the site map

and i suppose my follow up question, how do i know if i have zone A or general standing?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

and i suppose my follow up question, how do i know if i have zone A or general standing?

thanks

It'll probably say it on the email sent from Ticketmaster..think zone A was 80e and standing was 90e

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are the band flying in early too rehearse like GNR did ??

limabromac wrote: »
    Initially I had bought zone A tickets but changed them to standing after realising where zone A was...contacted MCD today to ask about standing versus zone A to be told that there is definitely no zone A and there was going to be a zone A but not anymore... I gave Ticketmaster a call and they said they never heard of this and have not been told officially by MCD...I called MCD back and they said that I can send an email to MCD so I will have something in writing from MCD to show Ticketmaster and to apply for a refund... I contacted Ticketmaster again by email and they basically said it's not their problem.. it cost us 20 euro plus service admin charges to change them and that money will go towards a poncho for the rain that's expected to fall for the weekend so I will be looking for a refund.
    Any chance of sharing that email for us all?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are the band flying in early too rehearse like GNR did ??

They have been videod rehearsing the night before on the current leg of the European leg so I don't see why not, considering its such a unique venue the sound I assume has to be tweaked around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

thanks

If you paid 89 euro you got a Zone A ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 new Author

D.Q wrote: »
    anyone know where you'd pick up some hiking boots around Dublin? Much better than wellies and looks like they'll be needed.

i get all my walking hiking shoes from Regatta

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

As Roy Keane would say... Prawn sandwich brigade

Yes if aimed at the close on 300e price tag. No otherwise as i quite like to sit at a gig! (I didn't pay the 300e:pac:)

Anyhow..... is it really a 30 min walk to the venue? Looking at the maps the car parks look relatively close..... but i guess relatively is the relative word in that sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 new Author

Do you have to book a car park space online in advance

Degag wrote: »
    Yes if aimed at the close on 300e price tag. No otherwise as i quite like to sit at a gig! (I didn't pay the 300e:pac:)

Anyhow..... is it really a 30 min walk to the venue? Looking at the maps the car parks look relatively close..... but i guess relatively is the relative word in that sentence.

Depending on what carpark you are in it isnt too far off that from the pink or blue carpark anyway.

new Author wrote: »
    Do you have to book a car park space online in advance

https://www.theaa.ie/blog/how-to-get-to-slane-2019/

"It is advisable to book your car parking in advance via the promoters app"

From what I remember from the last time there you could also pay in on the day but I couldn't swear on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I got emails for entering both of the contests but only a losing email for the meet and greet, that the same for everyone?
    D.Q wrote: »
    I got both losing. Maybe you got the snake pit

Jaysus, I did get them, it was in my spam folder, just as well I double checked!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Whats the story on drinking before the gig? Since you cant bring drink in I wouldnt mind saving some money by drinking before I go in. Do most people go to a local pub? off licence? if so where do you go drinking? Thanks for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Since you cant bring drink in I wouldnt mind saving some money by drinking before I go in. Do most people go to a local pub? off licence?

Navan or Drogeda have shuttles running if you want a pub, you can bring cans in near the venue and can do that but naturally enough you can only do that till first check point if you intend proceeding, drink will have to be drank or chucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I haven’t bought a bus ticket yet would it be cheaper from Blanchardstown to just get the 109 to Navan then get the shuttle from there rather then paying 40 quid for the shuttle?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

James and Kirk performed their national anthem tonight at the NBA finals.

https://twitter.com/Metallica/status/1136501200361119744

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

I haven’t bought a bus ticket yet would it be cheaper from Blanchardstown to just get the 109 to Navan then get the shuttle from there rather then paying 40 quid for the shuttle?

Clonsilla inn are running a bus for €24 return if that’s any good to you !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

From the Weather Forum:

FRIDAY NIGHT some heavy rain moving north across Wales and western England will edge into coastal areas near the east coast and eventually may bring 5 to 15 mm rain overnight to parts of north and central Leinster and east Ulster. Lows near 9 C. Staying dry further west with moderate northwest winds at times.

SATURDAY and SUNDAY will be somewhat improved with partly cloudy skies, moderate westerly winds and after any rain comes and goes on Saturday morning in the north and east, just a few scattered showers likely. Highs near 17 C.

Advertisement